• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, some of this art.

uYW0e.jpg

Pokemon fans sure are a dedicated bunch.

There's no point in trying to avoid info. You'll have more fun coming on GAF when a new fucking pigeon is announce compared to playing the game and going "oh, there's a new pigeon."

You'll end up seeing the new Pokemon in ads and stuff anyway.

So is there going to be a new Anime season where Ash will goto some new region to go along with the new games?

And on that has anyone though the reason Ash is immortal and never ages is because of what happened to him in the first movie?
f36de44ac132f240230428a344cf69aa

T'Zariah

Banned
So is there going to be a new Anime season where Ash will goto some new region to go along with the new games?

And on that has anyone though the reason Ash is immortal and never ages is because of what happened to him in the first movie?

Meh. It's idiotic anime producers who for some godawful reason REFUSE to let him grow up.

The anime could've been something really special.

Imagine as a kid, watching Pokemon, while you grew up, Ash did as well. As you matured, Ash did as well. As you became interested in romance, Ash did as well.

But, nope.

Xux

I wonder if they ever considered an anime series targeted at an older age range. It'd be kinda neat. Shoot, a series based on that BW2 thing would be cool.

The thing is, the anime is there as a marketing product to sell the games/cards/merchandise. I doubt it was ever expected to be such a long-running thing in the first place.

Meh. It's idiotic anime producers who for some godawful reason REFUSE to let him grow up.

The anime could've been something really special.

Imagine as a kid, watching Pokemon, while you grew up, Ash did as well. As you matured, Ash did as well. As you became interested in romance, Ash did as well.

But, nope.

It's a children's show. You're supposed to move on to new things as you grow up.

Darryl

Banned
The thing is, the anime is there as a marketing product to sell the games/cards/merchandise. I doubt it was ever expected to be such a long-running thing in the first place.

i think they had a very good idea it would keep up this long, which is why i think they went with an Ash that doesn't age. much easier for new audiences to pick-up out of no where, and older audiences to get back into.

Avixph

i think they had a very good idea it would keep up this long, which is why i think they went with an Ash that doesn't age. much easier for new audiences to pick-up out of no where, and older audiences to get back into.
They could have went with a new main character with every season that was based on a game.

not necessarily, look at Harry Potter for example

Harry Potter has a universe modeled after 90's Britain and is detailed enough to have to follow basic rules such as aging. The growth and maturation of Harry is also important to his character arc.

Pokemon exists within some fucked up reality where no-one gives a shit about anything but making super-powered monsters fight each other. There's no emphasis on character development, it's all about giving kids something to gawk at.

StayDead

I hate to use meme images, but this one sums it up.

yk4kq.jpg

StayDead

Probably posted before, infact most definately posted before, but I've not been following the whole thread. I was just responding to a guy on the previous page :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh right, what's the fan name for the protagonists? It can't be the version name anymore since they're X and Y.

Hypatia

I wasn't even gone that long and when I come back there are rap battles and creepy toilet fanart.

Same. Consider me "blacked out and heading towards the Pokemon center" once February hits.

Yeah probably the same for me. Too many pokemon revealed for Black and White. Mechanics I don't mind but seeing all the new pokemon beforehand kinda ruins the suprise.

Speaking of mechanics; I hope they do something to spice up the turn based battling. I know we'd never get something along the lines of Paper Marios system but I'd love that kinda thing. The battles aren't very engaging otherwise and often rely too much on one hit K.Os and luck.

They don't even have to go as far as PM's combat system. If they did something similiar to Lost Odysseys perfect hit thing that'd be cool enough.

But I bet the fanbase would complain very loudly if that happened...

Pokemon fans sure are a dedicated bunch.

Well that's one way to put it.

I see the evolution talk is forgotten but I fucking need an evolution for Pinsir. Look at the face of that motherfucker. Pinsir is pure evil. Give him an hercules beetle evolution and let him lay waste rather than being obscured by that pansy Heracross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom