• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy:

Spr_4p_074_s.png

By the way, I'm playing White 2, and I went into that building in the city where security is standing by the elevator. I talk to him, and he frisks me, then says "You don't seem to have anything suspicious, go ahead!"

I have Pokemon on me, sir, which for all intents and purposes can be used as weapons of mass destruction. Funny thinking about how Pokemon would work in the real world...

SCRAFTYDEVIL'S FULL SHINY LIST:

Shiny Espeon (Kitty) in Silver. Status: RIP

Shiny Marill (Meryl) in Sapphire (traded from friend). Status: Evolved into Azumarill; resides in White.

Shiny Machop (Kaiser) in Pearl. Status: Evolved into Machamp; resides in White.

Shiny Wurmple (Libra) in Pearl (traded from friend). Status: Evolved into Dustox; resides in White.

Shiny Golbat (Leeron) in White. Status: Evolved into Crobat.

Shiny Scraggy (ScraftyD) in White (traded from ffdgh). Status: Evolved into Scrafty; PWT champion; resides in White 2.

Shiny Pichu, Gyarados, and Legendary Beast Trio in SoulSilver. Status: All in White.

Berordn

I have Pokemon on me, sir, which for all intents and purposes can be used as weapons of mass destruction. Funny thinking about how Pokemon would work in the real world...

When everyone has a gun, no one's armed.

They should really use the Pokemon games as examples for gun propaganda.

zroid

Banned
Fun story:

I hadn't nicknamed any of my Pokemon for several generations, but finally when I started Black, I was really into Mass Effect at the time, so I decided to name everything I caught after a character in the Mass Effect series. I tried to nickname most of the Pokes I used in my team at some point for squadmates in either ME1 or 2.

Then when it was time to pop that game back in in preparation for Black 2, having already played ME3... yeah, that was a decision I regretted. :(

I think I'll do a nickname theme again for Gen 6, but I'll have to pick something which I won't potentially end up resenting. :\

zethren

Banned
I did a Star Wars nickname theme in Black 2.

I was named HanSolo.
My Rival was named BobaFet (I think that's the most letters I could fit).

And my starter was Tepig and I named it Chewie.

When everyone has a gun, no one's armed.

They should really use the Pokemon games as examples for gun propaganda.

If that were the case, the evil teams would be extremely incom- oh, I see what you're saying.

Fun story:

I hadn't nicknamed any of my Pokemon for several generations, but finally when I started Black, I was really into Mass Effect at the time, so I decided to name everything I caught after a character in the Mass Effect series. I tried to nickname most of the Pokes I used in my team at some point for squadmates in either ME1 or 2.

Then when it was time to pop that game back in in preparation for Black 2, having already played ME3... yeah, that was a decision I regretted. :(

I think I'll do a nickname theme again for Gen 6, but I'll have to pick something which I won't potentially end up resenting. :

I only started nicknaming my Pokemon from Pokemon White, and now White 2. I don't do themes, though.

*sigh* I wiped all my wifi-event pokemon on HG. I had shiny pichu, spike-eared and Mew...

I'm considering hacking them back in just so I feel better about myself...

Man, that's rough... :(

You might as well do it now, considering hacking doesn't exist for the 3DS yet.

Kurita

Nicknaming pokémons is one of the best parts of the game!
Always give them names of manga characters, Japanese artists/songs.

injurai

Banned
I don't count Pokemon given to you by story events counts as a legitimate Shiny.

Well you need the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu to get the Spikey-Eared Pichu in HGSS. But I don't count them in the same regards anyways. I do count them as being limited and rare pokemon.

I'm only hacking the ones in that I illegitimately owned because the loss of them was too much for me to handle.

I just give mine names that I think sound cool.

White:
Zidane (Scrafty)
Sven (Bisharp)
Kamina (Krookodile)
Shin (Hydreigon)
Kaseki (Archeops)
Kujin (Beheeyem)

White 2:
Jake (Samurott)
Ike (Arcanine)
Emilie (Flygon)
Xeros (Toxicroak)
Kephas (Aggron)
Erik (Galvantula)

I"m envious of everyone else's shinies. In all the years I've played Pokemon, (since before the first was even released in North America) I've never, ever gotten a shiny. I guess I need to put more effort into finding them.

Berordn

I think I'll do a nickname theme again for Gen 6, but I'll have to pick something which I won't potentially end up resenting. :\

I used to name them after people I knew, just for kicks. Then years later one of the guys I had a huge crush on turned into a gigantic asshole so seeing my team's main sweeper named after him was kind of a kick to the face.

*sigh* I wiped all my wifi-event pokemon on HG. I had shiny pichu, spike-eared and Mew...

I'm considering hacking them back in just so I feel better about myself...

I've got the "Pikachu-Colored Pichu" sitting around on Platinum, could probably dupe it for you at least. Probably have Mew and Jirachi sitting around too.

zroid

Banned

hmmmmmmmmm... might do something like that for X/Y. We'll see...

I used to name them after people I knew, just for kicks. Then years later one of the guys I had a huge crush on turned into a gigantic asshole so seeing my team's main sweeper named after him was kind of a kick to the face.

doh!

KNT-Zero

This was my first shiny on Crystal:
238.png

I just OK'd this when it happened, so I left it at the PC until the battery died :/

This didn't happen to my first shiny in Sapphire:
279.png

Which was funny since I already had my own Pelipper in my team. But hell, I got it anyway. And its still lives on in Diamond :)

After that, no sign of any shiny in either SoulSilver or White... :/

injurai

Banned

I've got the "Pikachu-Colored Pichu" sitting around on Platinum, could probably dupe it for you at least. Probably have Mew and Jirachi sitting around too.

awesome, let me know how you want to go about it.

Shiny cyndaquil SS sr
Shiny charizard SS egg
Shiny pichu SS gamestop
Shiny gyarados SS of course
Shiny Kingler SS random encounter

Shiny Snivy White ver. sr

think thats it.

edit: HG/SS is so easy to get a shiny starter because its like 3 chances at once plus you dont have to actually pick the pokemon you just scroll through them and can see. Got cyndaquil in 3 hours day 1.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
First shiny I encountered was an Unown I in Gold.

emb

What was everyone's first Shiny?

Bidoof. For some reason I never got lucky enough in Silver or Ruby. Found the Bidoof while ev training hp. It's funny, this was after a friend of mine said he was afraid to ev train there, for the possibility of that. *kicks shiny Bidoof*

I found a shiny Boldore in my first run through of white to make up for it though. And I traded an extra Darkrai to a kid I know for a shiny Machamp. And a buddy did the chaining thing to find me a shiny Chansey, lol.

k91191

During the 3rd generation, I was completing my National Dex in all my games (thank you Pokemon Box!!) by leveling up a few remaining Pokemon in the Unknown Dungeon in Leaf Green. I think I was leveling up Omanyte when I ran into a Shiny Parasect. Not more than 3 hours later, I ran into a Shiny Ditto. Haven't seen a shiny since, and I've played Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Black and White 2.

Mariolee

Is it weird that I've never encountered a shiny in the two Pokemon games I've played (FireRed and HeartGold), and I've logged well over 100 hours in each one.

ohlawd

First shiny I got that wasn't the Gyarados in Lake of Rage was an Adamant Floatzel in Platinum. Had 30 Attack IVs but the speed IV was a middling 6.

Second shiny and my last one was an Audino while farming it. It has Regenerator but its nature is Serious.

Fey

Banned
my first shiny was a poocheyana in ruby. i remember freaking out, thinking the game glitched or something.

i've also run across a shiny rattata in leafgreen and audino in white.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
First shiny I got was Mareep in Silver. Actually found two of them on the same route. I think I evolved one and kept the other as a Mareep, but didn't use either really.

I usually get lucky enough to find at least one per game, though I couldn't list them off the top of my head.

Despite several hundred-hour pokemon games, I've only encountered one natural shiny, in Diamond.
Spr_4d_399_m_s.png

Since then, I pokeradared a few in Platinum and RNG'd one in Black 1.
Spr_4d_034_s.png
Spr_4p_212_m_s.png
Spr_4p_419_m_s.png
Spr_5b_059_s.png

I always wanted a shiny Metagross. :<

I have one!

Current list of shiny Pokémon:

Bibarel (caught in Diamond)
Dodrio (caught as a Doduo in FireRed's Safari Zone by my brother)
Metagross (traded as a Beldum from Zeroth)
Zorua (traded from Zeroth)
Blaziken (traded as a Torchic from Zeroth)
Gible (prize from Black Tower)
Haxorus (prize for Regional Dex completion in Black 2)

Macka

I've actually run into quite a few shinies over the years. Very first one I ever encountered was a Golbat in Pokemon Gold, in the little small cave between Kanto and Johto. Almost lost my shit, although I'll admit I was a little put off by its being pink :p Pink Crobat was a valued member of my end team though.

Also in Gold version, I ran into a shiny Tentacool out near the Seafoam Islands. Never actually evolved this one for some reason, think I really hated Tentacruel as a kid.

My next run-in with shinies was in Pokemon Diamond. I had just started getting into competitive battling, and as such was breeding a lot. Hatched a shiny Scyther and Staryu within a few weeks. This was after thousands of eggs (searching for the Pokemon with the perfect IV's).

Unfortunately what happened next still pains me...at the time I wasn't interested in shinies at all...I only wanted strong Pokemon. I gave the shinies to a friend, who later reset his game with them on it. Regret this so much now.

I got 'back into' shinies after encountering a shiny Plusle in the National Park in HeartGold. This one shiny gave me the bug, and I've been using the Masuda method ever since. Over the last year I've managed to hatch a shiny Charizard, Manectric, Arbok and just recently a Totodile. So much win.

Still mourn for Scyther and Staryu though </3

My first shiny was a Tangela in Gold... but I didn't have any Pokeballs with me :D

Then in Sapphire a wild Venonat in SAFARI ZONE..I caught it....

When I got Leaf Green I was breeding Pokemon in Sapphire to tarde them to that version and I got a shiny Corsola from an egg :D

In Pearl I got a Rattata

And no luck in neither Gen V games :(

The first shiny Pokemon I caught was a Parasect. In the Safari Zone in Leaf Green. That was the most nerve-wracking experience I've ever faced.

DaBoss

Shinies I got were:
219.gif

110.gif

130f.gif
And everyone has this one lol
531.gif
I actually got this one yesterday lol
612.gif
Through Nature Preserve

Though through trades, I've gotten a shiny Porygon-Z, Munna, and Lucario.

ohlawd

oh yeah some dude traded me a shiny lvl 100 Starmie as fodder in Pearl. But it had 31 IVs in all stats :/

But I've kept it all this time because it handles battles 1-21 in the Tower/Subway like a boss.

Ainaurdur

Between Blue, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, and haven't yet played enough of SoulSilver, I have never seen any shiny. Perhaps that will change soon.

Last page also brought up something I never really think about, naming. I have never really named my Pokemon. I have tended to keep the default so that I know what it is and get used to them that way. Seemed like it might get confusing at some point if they had different names.

Is it worth giving them names, any real benefits or just for fun? I might start naming them when I start White. (Which may be after or during my current play-through of SoulSilver.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom