• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

No, now I just think your preferences are normal. There's some music in Gen III that I like that others hate and vice versa. The same goes for others, lol.

Mt. Pyre Outer Wall's one of my favorites from RSE, for example. Most Pokémon fans don't remember it as well as I do, even though it's a very interesting track.

Cool I'm normal. Outside Mt. Pyre music is one of my favorites. I like this one too, I ain't sure if anyone remembers this one though

Dive music

Sort of.
Gen II and III have the best music.

Nah @ Gen 2. But it has National Park which is Class SSS tier.

No, now I just think your preferences are normal. There's some music in Gen III that I like that others hate and vice versa. The same goes for others, lol.

Mt. Pyre Outer Wall's one of my favorites from RSE, for example. Most Pokémon fans don't remember it as well as I do, even though it's a very interesting track.
Ooh, I definitely remember this track, especially that beginning section. Def. one of my favorite tracks.

I feel like replaying Emerald soon...

Cool I'm normal. Outside Mt. Pyre music is one of my favorites. I like this one too, I ain't sure if anyone remembers this one though

Dive music

Another favorite. I think the Surf music in RSE is terribly unmentioned wherever I go.

Nah @ Gen 2. But it has National Park which is Class SSS tier.
Pretty much. There are a lot of great melodies from Ichinose and Masuda in GSC, though. The remade soundtrack's quite good as well.

x-Lundz-x

I'm going to be buying a 3DSXL tomorrow along with Pokemon white. This damn thread has me excited about Pokemon again. What is the best guide out there for those games?

Berordn

I'd recommend Marriland over Serebii if just because it's actually possible to navigate the site. LegendaryPokemon.net also has a very nice Pokedex, but all the same info is on Bulbapedia. (edit: I'm not actually sure that it's been updated for Gen V though)

Grakl

I'm going to be buying a 3DSXL tomorrow along with Pokemon white. This damn thread has me excited about Pokemon again. What is the best guide out there for those games?

Smogon if you want to play competitively, but I assume not, haha. It takes a lot of work, as far as I know.

Ainaurdur

After all these years, I am still excited about leveling up a Geodude. Do I have a problem? XD

...and he is so cute bouncing along after me! (SoulSilver)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After all these years, I am still excited about leveling up a Geodude. Do I have a problem? XD

...and he is so cute bouncing along after me! (SoulSilver)

I always keep a Machop on my team if I catch one. Machamp is like... one of my top 5 of all time.

The Legendary Beast, Ecruteak, Champion and Mt. Moon themes are among the best Pokémon songs ever, though.
Every one of those but Mt. Moon are great pieces, yes. I'm just talking about overall quality, which RSE delivers in spades.

The only battle theme I don't think keeps to the same level as its peers in Gen III is Champion Steve/Wallace's track, which just goes much too overboard without doing much of anything interesting. The Elite 4 track heard before it sounds like Melville compared to Luhrman. I'd take Champion Red's theme myself, though nothing holds a candle to Champion Blue's opus.

injurai

Banned
it's hella weird cuz at one point in RBY, I tried making a team that composes of Pokemon that evolve by trade but I avoided Geodude like a madman.

In fact my whole team is composed of just that by accident really.

Geodude, Seadra, Hunter, Kadabra ... well 4 of them. Also have Sceptile and Pelipper.

Schmitty

I think I'll stay in the dark like I did for B/W. Discovering all the new pokemon and wanting to train everyone made it feel so fresh. I didn't even know the evos of the starters

You know? I wish we could take on challengers after we become Champion. I mean, looking at pretty much every game, challengers don't come around enough, evidently. Champions are always roaming around doing some other bullshit until you fight them. A challenger comes around and you get a call.

Also, fuck Battle Subway and the arena and every other stupid Trainer v. Trainer battle where you don't get experience.

Speaking of, VS Seeker needs to return in top form. I like training new Pokemon from level 5 starting from my hometown.

ohlawd

You know? I wish we could take on challengers after we become Champion. I mean, looking at pretty much every game, challengers don't come around enough, evidently. Champions are always roaming around doing some other bullshit until you fight them. A challenger comes around and you get a call.

Also, fuck Battle Subway and the arena and every other stupid Trainer v. Trainer battle where you don't get experience.

Speaking of, VS Seeker needs to return in top form. I like training new Pokemon from level 5 starting from my hometown.

Emerald and HGSS/Plat Battle Frontiers weren't awesome to you? Those places added like 150+ hours to each one of my save files because of the sheer variety in how battles are done, etc.

Please. I need this so badly.

Chromie

Banned
Smogon if you want to play competitively, but I assume not, haha. It takes a lot of work, as far as I know.

I remember reading up on EV/IV training. I tried it for a week and I said "fuck it" and just stuck to battling my friends. I just picked up Black 2 and a 3DS XL so I'll try it again just to see if I have the willpower. Odd thing is I love grinding in Disgaea.

I heard it was made easier in Black and White 2. Could anyone tell me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom