• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Sevii Islands. Learning the elemental hyper beams was cool, too.

Alright guys, quick topic:

If you could have any non-starter (numbers 1-9 in the respective regional Pokedex's) as a starter/main companion Pokemon, which would it be?

I'd go with Riolu. Failing that, maybe an Aggron?

injurai

Banned

If you could have any non-starter (numbers 1-9 in the respective regional Pokedex's) as a starter/main companion Pokemon, which would it be?

Starter implies an all around pokemon that you don't plan to EV train/breed.

I'd probably go with Shinx or Pichu. I want to go through with an Electric start for once.

But If I had the luxury of properly EV training it, the Growlithe erryday!!!

papercamm

Ack I meant that the post-game of the Sevii islands was my favorite area you explored after beating the Elite Four AFTER Kanto in Gold/Silver. Which is my favorite. Sorry for the confusion.

Grakl

Sandile, probably.

Starter implies an all around pokemon that you don't plan to EV train/breed.

I'd probably go with Shinx or Pichu. I want to go through with an Electric start for once.

EV training takes too much work for me. I don't want to have to fight specific Pokemon and breed for the right IVs etc., so personally I just don't do it.

DaBoss

Ack I meant that the post-game of the Sevii islands was my favorite area you explored after beating the Elite Four AFTER Kanto in Gold/Silver. Which is my favorite. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh, so you mean that you think Kanto in Gold/Silver is the best post-game, and then the Sevii Islands come in second place? If so, I agree with you there, though change Gold/Silver to HG/SS. The Sevii Islands were a great as post-game content. I loved the fact they continued the Team Rocket plot.

One guess.

Trubbish? :p

Although its highly unlikely I'd like to see a return of the Hidden Base mechanic from Ruby/Saphire. I enjoyed scouring the map for my friends bases to fight them again, even if the booby traps were easily navigated.

DaBoss

Although its highly unlikely I'd like to see a return of the Hidden Base mechanic from Ruby/Saphire. I enjoyed scouring the map for my friends bases to fight them again, even if the booby traps were easily navigated.

Speaking of booby traps, I want to see the return of that trap master house from R/S/E. That was really fun to complete.

ohlawd

Don't you mean the underground in D/P?

As far as base customization goes, RSE's Secret Base stomps DPPt's Underground.

Multiplayer.... well I can't speak for that sadly :(
Not like it matters since there was no multiplayer aspect for Secret Bases in RSE.

Speaking of booby traps, I want to see the return of that trap master house from R/S/E. That was really fun to complete.

One of the best things from RSE.

Gave me a badass tent for my secret base, how can I hate the Trap Master?

As far as base customization goes, RSE's Secret Base stomps DPPt's Underground.

Multiplayer.... well I can't speak for that sadly :(
Not like it matters since there was no multiplayer aspect for Secret Bases in RSE.

One of the best things from RSE.

Gave me a badass tent for my secret base, how can I hate the Trap Master?

That tent along with a Wailord doll was the jewel of my base. Remember those musical pads you could place? I used to set them in a line and just keep running over them repeatedly. Good times.

ohlawd

That tent along with a Wailord doll was the jewel of my base. Remember those musical pads you could place? I used to set them in a line and just keep running over them repeatedly. Good times.

I had the slide set up in my base so that every time I slid down, I'd land on a musical note.

Damn I had those music pads set up everywhere.

Alright I figure this may or may not people who plan to catch up with the games before X and Y since it's my personal opinion but I started White 2 now immediately after White 1 and while I really liked White 1 the second seems even better from my first impression. The music, the UI and the atmosphere in the new starting area... I can't even explain why everything just feels better :D I know the general story and presentation is supposed to be worse but for the rest they really worked on the game.

And I enjoy it even more since I breed myself a Snivy from White 1 so I start with Oshawott and Snivy soon :p

Grakl

I remember reading up on EV/IV training. I tried it for a week and I said "fuck it" and just stuck to battling my friends. I just picked up Black 2 and a 3DS XL so I'll try it again just to see if I have the willpower. Odd thing is I love grinding in Disgaea.

I heard it was made easier in Black and White 2. Could anyone tell me how?

Well, a couple items (such as the Macho Brace) speed up EV gain (Macho Brace doubles it). Join Avenue has a bunch of items that modifies EVs. Lots of regions in Black 2 means a lot of places to EV train reliably.

That's all I know.

I had the slide set up in my base so that every time I slid down, I'd land on a musical note.

Damn I had those music pads set up everywhere.

I think we had the same ideas about the layouts of or bases XD. I managed to find this perfect base in which I could set the tent between a narrow path of rock that split the base in two. So many hours spent in there...

injurai

Banned

Plz come back in some form. I want more of these side activities along the different routes. Especially ones you can return to.

OH GOD.

I'M DYING.

You've struck the death blow...

I'm hoping it's a surprise on release feature of X and Y that they just aren't showing. #Believe

Either Bagon or Togepi, both are so dope

I loved running around trying to find a secret base with the best layout. Too bad I didn't really have any friends who played Pokemon at the time.

And wifi secret bases in X/Y are such a good idea, that it won't happen.

The base just east of Fortree City was the best. I think there was a Kecleon blocking it at one point. It was right on the water's edge.

I always used that base.

Nostalgia bomb. ;~;

injurai

Banned
The base just east of Fortree City was the best. I think there was a Kecleon blocking it at one point. It was right on the water's edge.

I always used that base.

Nostalgia bomb. ;~;

I used the one in the tree on the small island in the lake near the top of the bike path.

papercamm

I always used that base.

Nostalgia bomb. ;~;
Mine was on an island south of Mauville. It was my perfect secret hideout.
Edit: great minds think alike.

I always used that base.

Nostalgia bomb. ;~;
If I'm remembering right, the one I liked to use was in a tree near route 111? I thought it was awesome having a base in a tree.

ohlawd

I always used that base.

Nostalgia bomb. ;~;

YES THAT'S THE ONE I USED.

^5 ^5 ^5
It's hassle free because it's a Fly's distance away and there's no need for a repel.

I also used the one west of Fallarbor town just to switch it up. Gotta Surf though since it's on a small island.

papercamm

Ya thats the one I'm talking about *highfive*
tumblr_m3da62153X1qikhz3o3_500.gif

MarkusRJR

What's the chance Nintendo does a 3DS bundle with the game? I'm on the verge of picking up the Fire Emblem bundle but I'd wait it out for a good 3DS bundle (like the gorgous Pokemon Black DSi).

Berordn

What's the chance Nintendo does a 3DS bundle with the game? I'm on the verge of picking up the Fire Emblem bundle but I'd wait it out for a good 3DS bundle (like the gorgous Pokemon Black DSi).

It's inevitable that they'll make one, but it doesn't always seem to come with the games for the Pokemon bundles.

Xux

By older you mean Team Rocket actually wins right?
No, just so they're not completely worthless, constantly appearing comic relief; kinda like the earlier BW stuff from what I hear.
Not violence and sex kind of mature just not brain dead stuff. More focus on characters and a cultured world. Those first two seasons and the first few movies felt like they were in such a richer setting than the superficial utopia-like place they show now.

Misdreavus. Mismagius' probably my favorite design and ghost Pokemon in general just seem like they'd be cool to hang around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom