• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26460
Thanks to NateDrake for the find.
Pokédex 3D, featuring all of the new Pokémon from the recent Pokémon Black and White games, will allow users to look up information about more than 150 Pokémon and their moves, all for free. It will make use of SpotPass and Augmented Reality.

Players start with 16 Pokémon and can unlock the remaining Pokédex entries by scanning QR Codes, using SpotPass (up to three random Pokémon a day), or by trading data with friends, likely via StreetPass.

Users will be able to view each Pokémon in 3D, and rotate them a full 360 degrees. The Pokédex features filters and bookmarking capabilities as well.

The app will use the 3DS' built-in Augmented Reality capabilities to display Pokémon in pictures taken via the 3DS Camera.

3aq3j.jpg
4lpa8.jpg

69s48.jpg
7yq38.jpg

Josh7289

Derp.

the bolded part in the OP text wrapped from the right to left end, so it was less readable as I admittedly scanned it

Teknoman

Man...Pokemon 3DS is going to be insane when it hits. I wonder if you'll be able to use the AR cards with them too? Make for some more nice VS shots.

Alrus

That's a pretty great free app for pokemon fans actually.

Also no way they made 3d models just for a free app.

Teknoman

Mega Man said:
Needs more than image and stats if used only for a DS game...

Well its a free 3DS download.

EDIT: Maybe we'll see a second stadium style Wii game at E3 with better versions of these models?

Jikagi

Seems really interesting, this kinda shows how Pokemon Grey might be (or whatever the future Pokemon on the 3ds is called).

Alrus said:
That's a pretty great free app for pokemon fans actually.

Also no way they made 3d models just for a free app.

We don't even know if it can read the DS games. I assume there will be a new Pokemon game announcement soon. I think Coro Coro will have one in the June issue

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
From The Dust said:
gearing up for the first Pokemon 3D. E3 announcement? *crosses fingers and legs*

You know Japan. That shit is either going to appear on Pokemon Sunday or TGS.

Pretty cool. Would be even better if you could launch it while in a game of Black and White. I hate having to turn on my computer to check for moves.

wwm0nkey

Seriously though there has to be a reason they made just these 150. Pretty sure we will see these assets re used soon enough lol

Neiteio

It's certainly in Nintendo's best interest to just put in the grunt work now and get all the new 3D models finished. That way they can recycle them for Pokemon Stadium 3D, Pokemon Snap 3D, etc.

Neiteio said:
It's certainly in Nintendo's best interest to just put in the grunt work now and get all the new 3D models finished. That way they can recycle them for Pokemon Stadium 3D, Pokemon Snap 3D, etc.

I'd love a portable Stadium with good online.

Big One

Banned
I doubt a 3DS Gen V Pokemon game is coming soon. They JUST released Black and White and at most we'll see something in Corocoro for a game that'll be released next year. As I said however these models are really cool regardless.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Impressive.

It'd be great if this could be accessed from in-game for whatever 3DS Pokemon titles are released (ala Halo Waypoint from Halo Reach), however redundant it may be.

phillax

Banned
Big One said:
I doubt a 3DS Gen V Pokemon game is coming soon. They JUST released Black and White and at most we'll see something in Corocoro for a game that'll be released next year. As I said however these models are really cool regardless.

Wasn't Game Freak one of the first to receive the 3DS developer's kit?

Top Bottom