• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Art thread (Official/Unofficial)

Soma

I know a lot of you dudes have seen the okami style/japanese style/whatever pokemon art

but i had no idea the artist did up to gen IV :0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, people seriously have a fixation for N already? Character design is absolutely awful. Might as well just name him Nega-Red.

Izayoi

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Put any Regice/Sharpedo stuff first! Or just PM me, whatever.
Will do. I'll PM it to you because honestly it's not all that great compared to some of the other stuff I've got. There are one or two that will probably show up here, though.

Qwomo

enzo_gt said:
Wait, people seriously have a fixation for N already? Character design is absolutely awful. Might as well just name him Nega-Red.
N is better than Ghetsis. By far.

Stage On

Speaking of Pikachu

025.jpg

Andrex said:
Also I'm thinking about linking this thread in the PokeGAF section of the B/W OT.

Cheers.

Glad this got the Poké Gaf seal of approval :3

Izayoi said:
Will do. I'll PM it to you because honestly it's not all that great compared to some of the other stuff I've got. There are one or two that will probably show up here, though.

Just make an album or something and link it or anything you don't deem post worthy in this thread.
It's all good!

636x460design_01.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
7Th said:
I'll be honest, I don't get the point of this thread if it is all about posting fanart you can easily find in Dan/Safebooru or Pixiv after one or two clicks; it's kind of a glorified "4chan image dump".

Yet you keep posting loli Madoka fanart in the Madoka thread. :/

Dreavus

Andrefpvs said:
Andrex has a pretty neat web album of good fanart, I believe.

Some art is really amazing. The one my avatar comes from:

If someone knows of a better quality version of this one, then please!

Sorry for the img quote, but this picture is so fucking cool.

Izayoi

Banned
Alright kids, here we go. Took me ages to sort through all of my shit but I narrowed it down to 202 images. Unsure how I'm going to spread them out but I'll get them all posted eventually. All will be thumbnailed, so be sure to click on the image if you want the original. I weeded out anything that I thought might be inappropriate for GAF, i.e., anything too kawaii uguu~ or risque, as well as most of the Bad Art™. It's a small portion of my collection, but these are most of the tranquil/scenic images that I have - and they're the kind of image that I enjoy. Epic pictures aren't terrible, I enjoy the really great ones just as much as anyone else, but the easy-going stuff is more my speed. In any case, enjoy.

Izayoi

Banned
I can track down some Pika/Chuchu/Yellow stuff after I'm done with this. There's plenty that I've got and even more scattered across the internet, I'm sure.

Rikkun

cosmicblizzard said:
Are these two referencing something? It looks very familiar.

I'll try and fail.. Persona?

Anyway, this thread is awesome, like every other art thread. Makes me wanna play Pokémon White again.. and I will.

apana

I first learned about Ryan Shiu when searching for Zelda Art. I later realized he started out as a pokemon artist:

20101104_the_purple_kecleon_marches_by_ry_spirit.jpg

cool-pokemon-art2.jpg

20101104_urban_infiltration_by_ry_spirit-600x397.jpg

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-sorrywereclosed-pokemoncenter.jpg

Also for fun check out his mario art:

RyanShiuMario.jpg

Please tell me if you would like to see more!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Some of my favorites have been posted by Izayoi, but not all.

I got some more but I'll save them for later in the thread.

Wow...Pokemon artists are truly the best! Some truly jaw dropping pictures in this thread! Well, I can share at least one. I asked an artist friend of mine for a commission of my dream team before the English release of Pokemon Black/White, and she delivered. It looks amazing as a poster in my room...here it is!

pokemon-travis.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That does look amazing, your friend has true talent! Love how Togekiss looks especially.

Slermy

Some amazing art in this thread. Makes me feel giddy looking at some of them, and the picture of all of the bug pokémon in the forest makes me wish I were there.

The only downside is the lack of Scyther love. :(

jman2050

All this thread is doing is reminding me that the Pokemon Special manga is the greatest thing ever and that I'm still waiting for more volumes to be released :(

Needs more pictures of Diamond being a total badass

jman2050 said:
All this thread is doing is reminding me that the Pokemon Special manga is the greatest thing ever and that I'm still waiting for more volumes to be released :(

So what's the latest one? I believe I stopped at 23 or something.

jman2050

Holy Order Sol said:
So what's the latest one? I believe I stopped at 23 or something.

We're at 38 now (though that last hasn't been translated yet as far as I know), which is the end of the D/P arc and the start of the Platinum arc.

One of the annoying things about Special is how the compiled volume releases are just so far behind the weekly serialized chapters. The volumes are only up to he point mentioned above while the weekly chapters have already blown through Platinum AND HG/SS and are running the B/W arc now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jman2050 said:

Needs more pictures of Diamond being a total badass

Dia the glutton? XD

Top Bottom