• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Classic Appreciation Thread: I want to be the very best!

RaikuHebi

Banned
The Pokemon anime themes from the first few seasons helped me graduate High School.

I am not even fucking kidding, I am forever grateful to the Master Quest theme.
They didn't help me graduate anything, but I know what you mean about the theme songs. So motivating and uplifting.

Kokonoe

Banned
Since I'm interested in Pokemon again, I'm back!

I found this recently and holy moogle slap Jr does this artwork look great. I need to find out which card set this is from and who's the artist.

igXeGby.jpg

I also noticed they gimped Lapras's shiny with Gen IV and beyond. It use to have a pink underbelly to go with the purple but they removed it for yellow.

Gen II
D6jbvoe.gif

Gen III
7fosvXx.png

Gen IV
M96uStg.png

njean777

Gold and Silver were my favorite games, I wish I could find a new copy of Soul Silver but I guess they stopped making them because I can only find used ones for 50$ a pop.

I really wish they would have had some Johto pokemon in X and Y, but the Kanto ones will do.

qq more

Fangamer is selling a field guide to Kanto, and it looks AMAZING:

http://www.fangamer.net/products/field-guide-to-kanto
Eb2sBSf.jpg

Featuring the 151 originals.
Looks interesting. lol the Oddish line looks pretty creepy.

Gold and Silver were my favorite games, I wish I could find a new copy of Soul Silver but I guess they stopped making them because I can only find used ones for 50$ a pop.

I really wish they would have had some Johto pokemon in X and Y, but the Kanto ones will do.

I think X/Y had plenty of Johto Pokemon, which ones are you looking for specifically?

Kokonoe

Banned
Is there any art books featuring a lot of Sugimori's older art?

If you want the easiest way, get the Red and Blue Nintendo Power guide and perhaps the Gold and Silver one should have some. The images won't be especially large, though.

I just purchased a Japanese GSC encylopedia book so maybe I can share the images when I get it in the mail in like a month. It has 1-251 artwork.

qq more

If you want the easiest way, get the Red and Blue Nintendo Power guide and perhaps the Gold and Silver one should have some. The images won't be especially large, though.

I just purchased a Japanese GSC encylopedia book so maybe I can share the images when I get it in the mail in like a month. It has 1-251 artwork.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Top Bottom