• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Comaster out on Android [and iOS] (Japan)

ash_ag

The latest Pokémon mobile game is now out on Android, with iOS release also being expected soon. As a reminder, this is a collaboration with the Japanese company HEROZ, who develops AI for games like Chess.
Google Play

From descriptions, the app is said to simulate the Pokémon Figure Game (PFG), whose name is akin to Pokémon Card Game (TCG's name in Japan) and Pokémon Trading Figure Game, a West-only board game that released 2006 but ended up being dropped. In fact, it appears to be partly based on TFG, based on the stages' similarity and the spin-roulette-to-choose-attack mechanic. Some figures' attacks/stats are also partly based on those of their respective figure on TFG.

lMCeHFJ.jpg
I00W2U5.jpg

The game's fictional setting is a place called Karumonte Island, where a PFG tournament is supposedly held. Some NPC characters are also featured, which is neat.

As far as I can tell from the site, there are also online and local multiplayer modes where you can fight against other players.

Not sure about the exact rules and mechanics, but Joe is planning to cover the game on Serebii, which means we'll have solid information soon.

Here are some screenshots from the official site:

Edit:

Qvoth

it's up on qoo if anyone's interested
think i'll pass this and stick with the tcg open beta instead

Wasn't this announced just a month or so ago? Didn't think it'd be out so soon.

Looks interesting enough. I'll be eagerly awaiting Serebii's coverage.

Huh this looks kinda cool. Might try it out on my way home today.

Also, thanks to this thread I just realized that the TCG game is finally coming to Android!
It seems like the beta doesn't support my Nvidia Shield tablet, but I might just try to manually install the APK. I have had things work perfectly in the past even though it said not supported.

This game is extremely RNG-based without good strategy and strong pokemon. NPC AI of the first building is pretty stupid, but you can easily be destroyed by NPC in the second building if you're unlucky, or don't have good pokemons.

Top Bottom