• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

XQbFxsX.gif

I spy a little Turtwig there.

But I'm a Noivern now.

Oh well, maybe I'm a Zorua, and I don't know it yet. Hyuck hyuck.

*plays third-gen music*

Wiseblade

OT3 Baby! Great OP! One problem though, you threw that ugly fanfiction garbage in with the legitimate products. People might be deceived into thinking it's an actual quality product!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
See, even Chet agrees with me - Arcanine official art is dopey and needs to look like that :p

OT3 Baby! Great OP! One problem though, you threw that ugly fanfiction garbage in with the legitimate products. People might be deceived into thinking it's an actual quality product!
I know right? All dat manga entry not named Electric Tale of Pikachu.

#teamElectricTale

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
When has Flareon never been doomed? Even if they make Sylveon crappy I doubt it'd be as worse as Flareon!

Just have to remember that sometimes you have to JPEG for the images in the OT. The manga covers... they're killing me on a 1 Mbps connection. (I'm not in my usual place.) 1.8 MB isn't healthy for page load times... and that's for one image!

Anyway, let's nominate the newest "cute" Pokémon! I'll nominate Noivern to start.

Refyref

Just have to remember that sometimes you have to JPEG for the images in the OT. The manga covers... they're killing me on a 1 Mbps connection. (I'm not in my usual place.) 1.8 MB isn't healthy for page load times... and that's for one image!

Anyway, let's nominate the newest "cute" Pokémon! I'll nominate Noivern to start.

Trust Ike, he tried to make it as small as possible, but there were some areas where JPGs just killed the image.

EDIT: Whoops, a double post. Sorry!

Masuda just put up a new blog post about the international release date, and how they have been trying to achieve this for 7 years.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=590

Personally, the idea of playing the game on the same day as the rest of the world sounds very exciting.

Yeah, this is the most exciting thing the franchise has done in years.

I very much hope that I'll discover a few new Pokémon by myself through playing the game for the first time.

Refyref

Yeah, this is the most exciting thing the franchise has done in years.

I very much hope that I'll discover a few new Pokémon by myself through playing the game for the first time.

I had a blackout for B/W, so I experienced new Pokemon all the time there.
But I also played B/W alone, since the English release was 6 month after the Japanese release, and I got the game a month after the English release, so I couldn't talk about it online in fear of getting spoiled.
(Actually, I played along with my brother. It was pretty fun.)

Trust Ike, he tried to make it as small as possible, but there were some areas where JPGs just killed the image.

EDIT: Whoops, a double post. Sorry!

Hehe, perhaps only some of the images need JPEG-ification. Like, keep the Pokémon GAF art, logos, and headings PNG, and GIFs GIFs, but the posters, box arts, and manga covers... I suppose 95% quality JPEG can save a lot of space?

I had a blackout for B/W, so I experienced new Pokemon all the time there.
But I also played B/W alone, since the English release was 6 month after the Japanese release, and I got the game a month after the English release, so I couldn't talk about it online in fear of getting spoiled.
(Actually, I played along with my brother. It was pretty fun.)

I have absolutely zero self-control when it comes to spoilers. If the release isn't simultaneous, I don't stand a chance.

So, yay. :D

Refyref

Hehe, perhaps only some of the images need JPEG-ification. Like, keep the Pokémon GAF art, logos, and headings PNG, and GIFs GIFs, but the posters, box arts, and manga covers... I suppose 95% quality JPEG can save a lot of space?

Ike tried using JPG for some. It turned out ugly. Anyway, you only need to load it once anyway, and it becomes moot after post 51/101 depending on your settings.

I have absolutely zero self-control when it comes to spoilers. If the release isn't simultaneous, I don't stand a chance.

So, yay. :D

Unfortunately, that's how I've been so far with X/Y. So I'm thankful for the international release.

Ike tried using JPG for some. It turned out ugly. Anyway, you only need to load it one anyway, and it becomes moot after post 51/101 depending on your settings.

Unfortunately, that's how I've been so far with X/Y. So I'm thankful for the international release.

Hmm, alrighty then.

I don't have pre-release spoiler blackout because it's basically pointless for me.

Noivern is fruity.

Hey, there's a Serpy in the OP that's cool, but that Torkoal needs a slap.

Masuda just put up a new blog post about the international release date, and how they have been trying to achieve this for 7 years.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=590

Personally, the idea of playing the game on the same day as the rest of the world sounds very exciting.

Exciting stuff, and October 12th is a Saturday. I hereby call Oct 12th World Pokemon Day.

Top Bottom