• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The US broadcast will fall further behind in November/December, when it'll go on break.
I wonder if they will end around the time XY ends, and start off next year with XY&Z.

And man the new season title is annoying with the ampersand :/

Chapter 11 now, really enjoy the game, the music is superb. And finally there's throwing stones in dungeons. :')

F*ck you Rotom!

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I was thinking about Pokémon Z, Zygarde and his forms.

And something hit me, what if Pokémon Z is just a stand alone version and we get another gen 6 game?

After all Zygarde Complete Forme is well complete.

his rotating unova team of actually its just snivy, pikachu, pignite, oshawott, scraggy and whatever lucky soul gets called out

Yeah while the idea wasn't done well, I still like it as it gave Ash Pokémon that he wouldn't normally use.

Plus I liked the idea of rotating Pokémon during the adventure that I adopted that approach in the game and enjoyed it.

So... anyone can confirm this link as true? (appeared in my FB Timeline)...

http://www.destructoid.com/pokemon-z-announced-coming-in-2016-311430.phtml

I can't believe that destructoid fell for a fake news rather do some actually investigation.

Not in Europe.

I just hope that now that Star Fox Zero is delayed, Nintendo of Europe will bump up the release date.

Totally not going to happen because "Fuck Europe" is the Pokémon company approach.

Question for you guys. I have a bunch of low-level mons in AS that I'm trying to raise. What's the best way to do this? I have my Exp. All, and most of them were acquired in trades. Is it just a slow grind while battling way higher leveled pokemon and trainers?

Chase17

Yes. Favorite final boss between this, Explorers, and Rescue Team. Never played Gates because it looked like more like a spin-off of a spin-off than the Mystery Dungeon I know and love.
Sweet! The positive reception has gotten me hyped for the game (I thought gates was a step back from explorers).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
dunno, I imagine they enjoy having a gap in episodes so they'll have time to dub and replace all the background music

these things take time!

Correct. CN does love its holiday breaks though.

It's still amazing to see how long it took Pokémon to get to its current level of caught up though. They put in work in gen 3!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah for some odd reason while their cartoon releases have been good, their anime releases and handling are quite terrible.

Eevee catch next ep. Though personally not a huge fan of Eevee.

anyway from anime general

KU5mNC4.png

all dem flying

1weHOW0.jpg

Gonna do some XD soon once a certain someone goes to bed like why are you still up i know you've been addicted to MGSV but it came out a while ago shouldn't you be not *that* addicted by now come on you just spend all day playing that game, quite literally all day, every day and oh look complaining on GAF works once again

TrickRoom

Super Mystery Dungeon isn't coming out here until next year, but I couldn't resist sneaking a listen to the soundtrack. The final boss theme is awesome. Almost as good as Dialga's Fight to the Finish ;)

What's caught me off-guard in this installment is how there's more synth and modern instruments being used. I get major Falcom vibes from the boss themes, especially in this one.

Wiseblade

Clearly I've been gone too long, because I nearly missed out on buying tickets to the London Symphonic Evolutions. I don't think I would have been able to forgive myself.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've played Shiren and the Etrian's MD but never the Pokemon ones.
What's the general consensus on the new one from the people who already played/cleared it? If it's really good (how's the postgame?) I might grab it.

Muku

Question for you guys. I have a bunch of low-level mons in AS that I'm trying to raise. What's the best way to do this? I have my Exp. All, and most of them were acquired in trades. Is it just a slow grind while battling way higher leveled pokemon and trainers?

Guess it depends where in game you are. Also, are you doing this for a living dex or for a battle team?

It's a dungeon game, therefore great story, great music, great presentation, horrific gameplay :p
Noticed you were missing Leafeon, Machop, Houndoom, and Pelipper on your site. Just in case you haven't found them yet:

You need to find Leafeon wandering in a dungeon. Once you do that you can get the other three through Connection Orb missions. Sadly I don't have a specific location but I found Leafeon on floor 2 of a dungeon in the Water continent early on.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So my copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky came yesterday. :D

Now all I need to do is get Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I also plan to pick up the Poképark game, though I am not looking forward to dealing with the game awful control.

It's 4Kids so yes.

BrockFBA.jpg

When I was younger I knew that they weren't "doughnuts".

Thank goodness that Pokémon was taken out of their grubby hands before they died.

Eevee catch next ep. Though personally not a huge fan of Eevee.

Whaaaa?! But Eevee is one of the most cutest Pokémon ever.

tumblr_mwqxqzoS7H1sr6ejfo1_500.gif

Ahhhh soo cute! <(>_<)>

Clearly I've been gone too long, because I nearly missed out on buying tickets to the London Symphonic Evolutions. I don't think I would have been able to forgive myself.

Fuck, I was going to buy the tickets once I got some money and made plans for the 20th.

Oh well.... more money for me. ;p

Also Joe I got Azumarill and Azurill differently from you it seems. I got Azumarill from Odayaka Town's Cafe and then Azurill joined automatically. EDIT: And Victini was in Odayaka Town's Cafe too, maybe Cafe mons just don't give a shit and do whatever?

Good work overall though, I appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Okay yeah. Whiscash was a quest on the wind continent for me. Connection Orb Map is definitely set but it appears to be that some mons can be gotten in multiple ways that varies from game to game. EDIT2: Which you probably already know lol

JoeM86

Also Joe I got Azumarill and Azurill differently from you it seems. I got Azumarill from Odayaka Town's Cafe and then Azurill joined automatically. EDIT: And Victini was in Odayaka Town's Cafe too, maybe Cafe mons just don't give a shit and do whatever?

Good work overall though, I appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Okay yeah. Whiscash was a quest on the wind continent for me. Connection Orb Map is definitely set but it appears to be that some mons can be gotten in multiple ways that varies from game to game.

My memory was hazy about Whiscash. I messed up there.

For some reason, I didn't properly document OW Pokémon early on -_-

This is something I'll probably have to crowdsource a bit on, so all help is appreciated :)
Oh okay. :)

But yeah, aside from Leafeon and crew like I mentioned earlier I don't think there's anything else I have that you don't. And holy shit this game has a lot of ranks. o_O

JoeM86

Oh okay. :)

But yeah, aside from Leafeon and crew like I mentioned earlier I don't think there's anything else I have that you don't. And holy shit this game has a lot of ranks. o_O

I think I'm edging towards the final rank. I'm running out of missions, though still have ~130 Pokémon left to get.

I think I'm edging towards the final rank. I'm running out of missions, though still have ~130 Pokémon left to get.
Cool!

But ugh, judging by that number it seems that Leafeon isn't the only wandering mon with a bunch of missions locked behind it. That's... Gonna be a giant pain in the ass.

JoeM86

Cool!

But ugh, judging by that number it seems that Leafeon isn't the only wandering mon with a bunch of missions locked behind it. That's... Gonna be a giant pain in the ass.

Yeah

Urgh, just failed a mission. Language barrier screwed me over. Not sure what I was meant to do. Think I killed a Pokémon I shouldn't have.

Dibn8Pi.png

Language barrier hasn't screwed me much so far, thankfully. My Japanese is basic at best but managed to muddle through :)

Subjugation
------------------------------------
"Get back the Popularity Ribbon from Basurao!"

Uh I dunno. Is there a way to steal items in this game?

JoeM86

Just managed to beat Mewtwo. Took me 37 Slumber Wands, 28 Revival Seeds and 5 Max Ether.

All I got was 130 points -_- That battle took me the better part of an hour.

The "Closed" part when selecting Pokémon is frustrating too. Want to do a dungeon but all my decent Pokémon are "closed"

Yeah, Knock Off/Trick, but I killed it to get it and failed. Must be that.
Did it without those moves. I defeated the three mons after Basculin, then went after Basculin, beat it, and picked the scarf up off the ground. By the time you start chasing Basculin there will be stairs on your way there though, I can imagine it's possible to accidentally go up those.

JoeM86

Did it without those moves. I defeated the three mons after Basculin, then went after Basculin, beat it, and picked the scarf up off the ground. By the time you start chasing Basculin there will be stairs on your way there though, I can imagine it's possible to accidentally go up those.

Nope. It ended with Goldeen saying that I failed. I think it may be because I went after Basculin first. I thought it was a boss that was going to run away :/

Wiseblade

Fuck, I was going to buy the tickets once I got some money and made plans for the 20th.

Oh well.... more money for me. ;p
I only bought my tickets today, there might still be some available if you're looking to go. I definitely wouldn't sit around, it won't take long before they're sold out.

Nope. It ended with Goldeen saying that I failed. I think it may be because I went after Basculin first. I thought it was a boss that was going to run away :/
Sounds like a glitch. One of the objectives is to not let Goldeen and pals defeat Basculin so the game probably thought that happened somehow.

Top Bottom