• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

It's a damned effective troll, in fairness.

15d1b687-408a-40c2-ad50-5e9abf4683e1.jpg

survivor

Banned
Finally got my hands on ripped Sugimori art for all the Pokemon. Now I can look at his awesome art without relying on online pokedex websites.

gosox333

I don't even blame the dude. It sounds like English speakers flood 2ch/an and Japanese twitters whenever something like this is about to happen. They hate it when that happens, and they hate us for it. It's obnoxious for them.

It'll come eventually, anyways. Probably a bit later tonight if we're getting anything today.

Lost the internet Sunday, so I decided to make a new file in Emerald. By the time we got it back last night, I had already beat Tate and Liza. Fuck Double Battles so much.

Theorymon

I don't know if this is new, but I'll share it anyways, and this MAY deserve a new topic, but I can't post one since I'm still a junior.

There have been many many Pokemon ripoffs, but my god, some friends of mine from another community have found what is possibly the biggest fucking Pokemon rip off EVER! Its this facebook game http://www.monstersplanet.jncxgames.com/

Just click on the monster pictures section, and be prepared to see some of the most blatant Pokemon design rip offs ever!

What a shame that the scans turned out to be fake. The owl and the tower looked really cool...

A guy leaking Coro Coro scans on Twitter is refusing to leak the Pokémon stuff, due to the amount of western fans bugging him for it.

Pokémon fandom, ladies and gentlemen. :(
Not that it matters much. If that's true, then probably someone else will leaking them really soon.

I don't know if this is new, but I'll share it anyways, and this MAY deserve a new topic, but I can't post one since I'm still a junior.

There have been many many Pokemon ripoffs, but my god, some friends of mine from another community have found what is possibly the biggest fucking Pokemon rip off EVER! Its this facebook game http://www.monstersplanet.jncxgames.com/

Just click on the monster pictures section, and be prepared to see some of the most blatant Pokemon design rip offs ever!

Having spent about 20 seconds looking so far i'm already chuckling at Beard Cat and Fear Deer in particular.

chirpym.png

VP%20Awesome%20Face.png

MikeMyers

I always like having a Grass and Fire type on my teams, but water is the only really necessary type of the three starters.

I always start with Grass Starters, mainly because I can always pull through with Sleep Powder + Leech Seed in a sticky situation.

In Leaf Green anything Fire can do Flying can do as well (besides Steel, but Magneton is the only Steel here) and I don't like picking Water types because there is always so many of them.

Don't hate on Dunsparce, dudes. Thing's a beast.

In Gen VI when it finally gets its "Level this pokemon up on Mt. Bullshit at 7pm on Wednesdays" evolution thing, you'll all see.

Don't hate on Dunsparce, dudes. Thing's a beast.

In Gen VI when it finally gets its "Level this pokemon up on Mt. Bullshit at 7pm on Wednesdays" evolution thing, you'll all see.

The evolution criteria cracked me up, all its missing is some happiness criteria and hold item to complete the new experience of evolving old pokemon.

LOL.

6OPaU.png

Amazing stuff.

I don't get the thing with Dunsparce. What, is it because of being a tsuchinoko? Having a drill for a tail? Tiny, useless wings?

Eh, I have other favorites in G2, Mr. Ground Snake here isn't one of them. At least he has one thing going for him - people don't forget him as easily, unlike Lumineon.

No, they are. And, like keeping Nobunaga's Ambition, it is a move of the highest insanity.

Whew, you scared me there for a second.

And you should know by now that the golden rule is if it has Pokémon in the title, it's guranteed to sell about a gajillion copies. Little kids see that distinct yellow logo, point at the box and say, "that one."

Whew, you scared me there for a second.

And you should know by now that the golden rule is if it has Pokémon in the title, it's guranteed to sell about a gajillion copies. Little kids see that distinct yellow logo, point at the box and say, "that one."

Pokémon Conquest would sell a metric fuckton more than Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition.
Conquest sounds like an epic tale of warfare and carnage on a national scale.
Nobunaga's Ambition tells the dull-sounding tale of Japanese politics with Jigglypuffs.

Pokémon Conquest would sell a metric fuckton more than Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition.
Conquest sounds like an epic tale of warfare and carnage on a national scale.
Nobunaga's Ambition tells the dull-sounding tale of Japanese politics with Jigglypuffs.
Why does this intrigue me? political pokemon wearing suits and ties yelling their names in furious debate.
Okay so i moved pretty far away from old Japan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

ifBHwmKMrU7z6.png

Uhhhhhh

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't get the thing with Dunsparce. What, is it because of being a tsuchinoko? Having a drill for a tail? Tiny, useless wings?

Eh, I have other favorites in G2, Mr. Ground Snake here isn't one of them. At least he has one thing going for him - people don't forget him as easily, unlike Lumineon.

I actually, during my first play-through of Japanese Pearl, decided to use Lumineon as my Water-type. Why? I don't know. But he has a special place in my heart, lol. They should have gave him Quiver Dance in Black and White though, since its Japanese name is Butterfly Dance and Lumineon is inspired by the butterflyfish, with actual butterfly wings, and even learns a few other Bug moves. Would have helped him out. But yeah, he's my favorite generic fish Pokemon. Don't hate.

And Dunsparce earns my respect...it was in my HG team and beat Whitney's Miltank all by itself...with a Defense Curl/Roll Out combo.

I actually, during my first play-through of Japanese Pearl, decided to use Lumineon as my Water-type. Why? I don't know. But he has a special place in my heart, lol. They should have gave him Quiver Dance in Black and White though, since its Japanese name is Butterfly Dance and Lumineon is inspired by the butterflyfish, with actual butterfly wings, and even learns a few other Bug moves. Would have helped him out. But yeah, he's my favorite generic fish Pokemon. Don't hate.

And Dunsparce earns my respect...it was in my HG team and beat Whitney's Miltank all by itself...with a Defense Curl/Roll Out combo.

...I really want to hug you right now.

DUNSPARCE BROZ 4 LIFE

Oh, I don't hate Lumineon, he's just forgettable. At least, that's what I notice when people try and remember Gen 4. Of the water types in 4, Lumineon has one of the better designs (even though I went with Floatzel first).

As for Whitney, I used Quilava the first time, Machop the second, and Graveler (?) the third (Hmm, can't remember my SS team, will have to check again).

Top Bottom