• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Please. Everyone knows Cynthia's theme is the best, followed by Gary's (Yes, Gary) theme.

Don't cross the streams man, it's Blue in the games and Gary in the anime. Well, Shigeru if you want to get technical.

BamYouHaveAids said:
Haven't played a game since gold. Why are Venosaur/Blastoise Scyther/Onyx combined? What is this shit?

Are you talking about Torterra and Steelix?

Wiseblade said:
Wow, Andrex messed up. Maybe I should make the Grey OP if he's making simple mistakes like that...

Why don't we let the people decide:

s8zlu.png
e3RZi.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anth0ny said:
Naw, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow surfing is the best. So jolly.

GSC is really nice too.
This. And I agree with the sentiment that Opelucid City (White ver) is one of the best themes in the series. :)

I should get back into the Pocket Monsters: Special manga again. I recall enjoying it a lot. I'm probably soooo behind now, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
Bow before your OT overlord, peasants.

TBH though I don't know if I'll want to do the Gray OT, it's to far out right now. Who knows if I'll be busy or banned by then. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
StalkerUKCG said:
God
ly cute
Tier
Marill
Pikachu
Mew
Shaymin
Celebi

Prove me wrong PokeGAF

Only good Shaymin is Sky Form.

Celebi I could take or leave...

I like Mime Jr. though. :D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
StalkerUKCG said:
God
ly cute
Tier
Marill
Pikachu
Mew
Shaymin
Celebi

Prove me wrong PokeGAF
Replace Pikachu with Raichu. I always thought Raichu had cuter ears and a way better tail design. :3

My girlfriends and I were constantly disagreeing as a result because they love Pikachu and never wanted to evolve it to a Raichu.

I'd add Oddish, Leafeon, Vulpix, Pachirisu, Torchic, Eevee and Cyndaquil. I can omit Celebi. Edit: totally forgot about Whimsicott, lol.

StalkerUKCG said:
God
ly cute
Tier
Marill
Pikachu
Mew
Shaymin
Celebi

Prove me wrong PokeGAF

I put Wigglytuff at the pinnacle of cuteness myself, heh, a fat rabbit and not in that lame Azumarill way

Wiseblade said:
You can't have a Pokémon thread without so HOT SKITTY ON WAILORD ACTION!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/SkittyLurvesWailord.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tUQ15.gif
Don't even rehost that. It's too hot for GAF.

So, anyone else play the card game? I'm not pro level in any way, but with a few friends we decided to pick it up about February and I'm having a blast.

Was tempted to have a Pokemon themed birthday party (for my 20th, it'd be all cool) but circumstances were against me. Idea is being saved, mind.

This reminds me, I need to continue playing White. But I've just finished the Elite Four and I've been told the initial bit of the postgame is a bit of a slog.

Does anyone think it's possible for a Pokemon crossover game? I can't for the life of me imagine what it could crossover with. The SMT: Nocturne X HGSS fanart is too awesome, but that'd be obscure as hell (so would Persona). Monster Hunter... eh, could work, somehow, but it'd be odd. Digimon has kinda been and gone. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Green Scar said:
Does anyone think it's possible for a Pokemon crossover game? I can't for the life of me imagine what it could crossover with. The SMT: Nocturne X HGSS fanart is too awesome, but that'd be obscure as hell (so would Persona). Monster Hunter... eh, could work, somehow, but it'd be odd. Digimon has kinda been and gone. :p

It'll never happen with Monster Hunter.. because you'd never kill Pokemon and carve their bodies.

But if it ever did happen..

kXgxll.jpg

EvilMario said:
It'll never happen with Monster Hunter.. because you'd never kill Pokemon and carve their bodies.

But if it ever did happen..

http://i.imgur.com/kXgxll.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
He said Monster Hunter, not Dead Space. O_o

Nice. o_O

Not sure what would be weirder though- a Monster Hunter game where you hunt Pokemon, or Pokemon vs Street Fighter. Blaziken could probably easily take Chun-Li, but having Ryu Tiger Uppercut a Roserade in the face would be... uncomfortable. :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I did always want a Pokemon to fight while playing Tri. Nintendo would never go for it, but it'd be awesome to hunt something like a Garchomp and then carve it to make a hammer out of its face.

Of course, carving a Pikachu to make a sword out of its tail would be awesome too.

spindashing said:
Honestly, this is the only fanart you need for this thread:

http://i.imgur.com/OkNpo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
This had almost slipped off my mind, i don't know whether i'm amused to see it again or horrified, a bit of both perhaps.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alright, OK, we can post some fanart here, but keep it minimal. At most 3 per post.

GgVJN.png

nPbyo.jpg

DJxpd.jpg

Top Bottom