• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Huh? Which episode are you talking abou-- *checks episode*

Oh Jesus Christ no. That episode was a bloody mess and made no bloody sense whatsoever. Why'd they waste a Gym battle with such a crappy episode? It boggles the mind, truly it does.

Wha~

The Clay Gym Battle was the best one of Best Wishes.

Wha~

The Clay Gym Battle was the best one of Best Wishes.

Meh. The battle didn't really bring anything new to the table, Clay acted really immature after his Palpitoad got knocked out, and Ash's choice of Pokémon for the final round was so counterintuitive that even Iris lampshades it. Plus,
Ash's Roggenrola evolving seemed really forced, with the evolution magically bringing his health back up to full and teaching him an random new move that just so happens to be strong against Excadrill.

The episode also shouted a big "screw you!" in regards to how the moves Aqua Jet, Dig, Water Gun, Horn Drill, Rapid Spin, Drill Run and Rock Smash work, not to mention the ability Sturdy.

All in all, I just feel that there have been far better episodes and Gym battles in the past, and that I did not personally enjoy this particular one.

I did watch it while I was in a bad mood though, so maybe I'll give the dubbed version another chance later today and see if my opinion's changed.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Whoops, forget to bring a synchronize pokemon with me to spear pillar, and I saved after the cyrus battle.

Looks like I'll be killing Dialga and coming back after beating the elite 4.

Wichu

Whoops, forget to bring a synchronize pokemon with me to spear pillar, and I saved after the cyrus battle.

Looks like I'll be killing Dialga and coming back after beating the elite 4.

Legendaries don't respawn in D/P IIRC. You can lose to Dialga and come back though.

Watch Da Birdie

Clay acted really immature after his Palpitoad got knocked out
Nah, I loved that because it showed how cheap Attract is in the anime, and how overused it is in Best Wishes.

They need to have Snivy drop that move. :/

GaimeGuy

fuck. Well scratch dialga for this diamond playthrough >_>

(I'm actually doing the playthrough to get competitive legendaries)

Nah, I loved that because it showed how cheap Attract is in the anime, and how overused it is in Best Wishes.

They need to have Snivy drop that move. :/

I'm not denying that it was funny and clever, but it was kind of OOC for Clay.

After watching the dubbed version last night I can conclude that although it isn't my favourite BW episode, it isn't that bad.

I'm not denying that it was funny and clever, but it was kind of OOC for Clay.

king06.gif

Unicorn

I remember years ago there was a romhack of pokemon Fire Red that changed all the element types of the pokemon and changed the starters to make the game fresh. Anyone ever hear about it or it actually existed? I remember a fire type ratata (firetata?) And a dark type caterpie. Google is bringing me zero information, so I'm starting to think it was all pipe dream trolls.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member

Nacrene City is hilarious. Its totally the hipster art city. Everyone lives and works out of abandoned textile warehouses, and they have a rural coffee shop. lol. There are people in the streets with huge backpacks on just bumming around. I fucking LOVE this game.

I remember years ago there was a romhack of pokemon Fire Red that changed all the element types of the pokemon and changed the starters to make the game fresh. Anyone ever hear about it or it actually existed? I remember a fire type ratata (firetata?) And a dark type caterpie. Google is bringing me zero information, so I'm starting to think it was all pipe dream trolls.

I can't say that I have. To be honest, the only romhacks that I know are Liquid Crystal, Chaos Black, Nuzlocke, Grimdark Black, and
Quartz
(spoiler tagged for those who want to retain their sanity).

That sounds really cool though, and would definitely breathe new life into those old games. If you do manage to find it, please post a link! >_<

Firered Omega is a hack that makes the game harder, allows most(all?) pokemon released up to that point to be obtainable in game, and changes the starters to Elekid, Smoochum, and Magby.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fire / Dragon, Water / Dragon, and the most amazing, Grass / Dragon for starters next generation. I could get behind this.
Only because the Dark / Psychic / Fighting triangle will never be used for starters

Fire / Dragon, Water / Dragon, and the most amazing, Grass / Dragon for starters next generation. I could get behind this.
Only because the Dark / Psychic / Fighting triangle will never be used for starters

A man can dream, can't he? T_T

I'd give my left kidney to have a Dark-type starter...

MikeMyers

What other triangles are possible?

Dark / Psychic / Fighting
Poison / Grass / Ground
Bug / Grass / Rock
Flying / Grass / Rock
Flying / Fighting / Rock
Steel / Ice / Ground

Out of all those mentioned:
Dark/Psychic/Fighting
Steel/Ice/Ground
Electric/Water/Ground

are the only ones that don't register as "lame" in my mind
Though If they ever changed it I probably would want them to change all 3.

GaimeGuy

there are a ton of rock ones

Rock, Bug, Grass
Rock, Fire, Steel
Rock, Ice, Ground
Rock, Ice, Grass
Rock, Fire, Grass
Rock, Flying, Grass

... man, grass really sucks, doesn't it? :p

It's never going to happen because Dark is immune to Psychic.

The problem with a lot of grass Pokemon is that they don't have very diverse move pools. They pretty much learn grass moves and not much else.

It's not as bad defensively as Ice, which resists only itself and is weak to Rock, Steel, Fighting, and Fire. At least Grass has the virtue of resisting Ground, Electric and Water.

People will go out of their way to use Ice types though because of the excellent attack coverage. Aside from certain utility Grass types, nobody actively searches out Grass Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

We won't get Rock as a Starter type, because it's resistant against Normal-type attacks, meaning it'd have an advantage over everyone else in the first part of the game.

The first battle is always a Scratch/Tackle fest, for example, and Rock would offset that.

Unicorn

DEAR LORD AM I FRUSTRATED! Been looking all over and can't find anything. I hate the idea that it doesn't exist because it's a brilliant idea for a hack. This is the most frustrated and brain-wracked I've ever been. I can't even find a 4chan archive of the discussion, where I most likely saw it years ago. Anyone want to aid in my quest to find out the truth behind this? I've seen screenshots with the recolored spritework, sheets of the new movelists!!

OMG Aero

So is anyone competing in the current Wi-Fi tournament?
Since I didn't finish enough matches in the last one to get ranked I thought I'd give this one a go too and so far my matches have either been against people that were pretty easy to beat or people that just destroyed me. Then I had probably the closest online battle I've ever had.

Link1110

Is Conquest Dsi enhanced? I'm curious about it, but my xl and 3ds are dIfferent regions so enhanced games are a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom