• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct - June 6th 2017 15:00 BST

What are you expecting from this Direct?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waji

Tuesday is the most popular day for news in general. This started because of how newspapers and magazines work, but carried on into the digital age anyway.
I was kinda joking, without knowing the exact reason I could see it was different overall ^^.

Chiming in as apparently the one person on earth who liked Pokemon Sun & Moon's story focus to say I liked the storyline.

Nope I did too I just wish they would have spread Lillies development out more over the course of the whole game.

If the noted above rumors are true that would be the one thing I'd be disappointed in was if after all the build up for seeing Lillie to want to become a Pokemon trainer herself that we don't ultimately get to see that. I was really hoping that in Stars after the ending you'd get an option to play through Kanto as Lillie and then at the very end of the game she would return to take on your original PC as the final boss (with the team/abilities you took over the Pokemon League with).

Did Eurogamer state that Stars would be Switch exclusive?

Yup.

What if this derect is just about the next pokemon go update though

It's not, this is a Nintendo Direct. They don't do Directs for mobile games.

Yeah, looks it probably is an emulator shot. I don't see why GameFreak would keep the exact same artstyle as Sun and Moon, but get rid of the outlines.

Didn't Smash 3DS also have the outlines specifically due to the small screen size? Or Sakurai said something to that effect? That it helped distinguish the characters, or helped you see them on that small screen?

Please have ash greninja or any greninja.

he can be put in the bank so maybe

usually these things get left behind once a gen happens so i don't think you need to worry that much

if you just wanna use a normal greninja you could just easily break a froakie and just trade it to a new game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I also liked the story in Sun & Moon, didn't realize that wasn't common
Well it seems to be more common here now haha.

Nope I did too I just wish they would have spread Lillies development out more over the course of the whole game.

If the noted above rumors are true that would be the one thing I'd be disappointed in was if after all the build up for seeing Lillie to want to become a Pokemon trainer herself that we don't ultimately get to see that. I was really hoping that in Stars after the ending you'd get an option to play through Kanto as Lillie and then at the very end of the game she would return to take on your original PC as the final boss.
I was kind of assuming that they're making a Kanto game next (maybe as a re-imagined remake) with Lillie in it, as opposed to that being the Stars game.

They usually have some kind of remake or re-imagining in between the generations.

mclem

g4vDu5f.gif

There, out in the darkness
Announcement is coming
Followon from Sun
Followon from Moon
Ash be my witness
I never shall yield
Till I buy it quite soon
Till I buy it quite soon

We know to fish Magikarp
To hope to catch Wailord
Those who follow the path to an Arceus
Shall have their reward
And if they fall
As Gary did fall
So lame!
No reward!

Stars
All those Pokémon
Switch be the platform
Filling that handheld
With Shellder, Gabite
You are a portable
Lightweight and pure
Playing long thru' the night
Playing long thru' the night

When the people asked "Why?
Where's our console game?"
As each long-lived title
Returns and returns
Is Gamefreak to blame?
On something so small since Gary was small
So small! So lame!

And so it must be, for so it is written
On the Alolan Pokédex
That those who purchase the title this Fall
Must pay the price!

Wailord, let me find it
That I may see it
Safe on my cart
I will never rest
Till then
This I swear
This I swear to buy Stars!

I'm so, so sorry

No I'm not

Mediking

1496672648648.jpg

2AwcGdQ.jpg

In-game image was posted yesterday and the concept art was posted today. Some details

i'm a translator working on the upcoming pokémon game which you know as codename "pokémon stars".
I'll be leaving here few infos because u'll soon get an official announcement.

the new game will be available both for 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Only one title, not a couple of games.
the two versions can, of course, communicate.
Game will be again set in Alola, no visiting Kanto. Most of the characters will be grown up, such as Gladion that now fully runs Aether Paradise on his own.
Gyms are now built up. No more Alolan trials.
there will be no new pokémon or megas. Necrozma is getting a new form though. there will be new exclusive Z-moves. Won't say
anything more on them.
while the game is a sequel, plot is heavily focused on past events, such as black & white 2: you'll know more about how Mohn lost his memories, and how Necrozma fell into our world. (hint: "stars"!)
the game is heavily filled with cutscenes, even more than Sun & Moon.

what you see here is a grown up Gladion in his new suit. Feel free not to believe, i don't want any troubles on leaking things. Do not ask anything, I won't be saying more than what's already in the post.

boy is called kaosu, girl is called hoshi

Awww yeah!!!!! I believe you!

Weebos

Banned
Artwork here. I think it might be real, something similar happened with sun moon, artworks got leaked, but who the hell knows.

y48N4kO.png

This makes the leak a bit more believable for me. Interesting that it claims no new Pokemon, I would have expected a few more Alolan forms, especially if there is a decent time skip.

MegaMelon

If the noted above rumors are true that would be the one thing I'd be disappointed in was if after all the build up for seeing Lillie to want to become a Pokemon trainer herself that we don't ultimately get to see that. I was really hoping that in Stars after the ending you'd get an option to play through Kanto as Lillie and then at the very end of the game she would return to take on your original PC as the final boss.

I don't really think GF is capable of doing 2 regions to be honest. If you actually look at kanto in GSC/HGSS there's not really a whole lot to it once the novelty wears off. I'd rather we see a game set exclusively in Kanto with Lillie or exclusively in Alola and allow either region to be properly fleshed out then having 2 regions that both feel lacking.

Didn't Smash 3DS also have the outlines specifically due to the small screen size? Or Sakurai said something to that effect? That it helped distinguish the characters, or helped you see them on that small screen?

The outlines on the character models in Pokemon are to emulate Sugimori's art.

sinonobu

Banned
1496672648648.jpg

2AwcGdQ.jpg

In-game image was posted yesterday and the concept art was posted today. Some details

i'm a translator working on the upcoming pokémon game which you know as codename "pokémon stars".
I'll be leaving here few infos because u'll soon get an official announcement.

the new game will be available both for 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Only one title, not a couple of games.
the two versions can, of course, communicate.
Game will be again set in Alola, no visiting Kanto. Most of the characters will be grown up, such as Gladion that now fully runs Aether Paradise on his own.
Gyms are now built up. No more Alolan trials.
there will be no new pokémon or megas. Necrozma is getting a new form though. there will be new exclusive Z-moves. Won't say
anything more on them.
while the game is a sequel, plot is heavily focused on past events, such as black & white 2: you'll know more about how Mohn lost his memories, and how Necrozma fell into our world. (hint: "stars"!)
the game is heavily filled with cutscenes, even more than Sun & Moon.

what you see here is a grown up Gladion in his new suit. Feel free not to believe, i don't want any troubles on leaking things. Do not ask anything, I won't be saying more than what's already in the post.

boy is called kaosu, girl is called hoshi

Sounds real

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Clearly you don't own a Switch, then. It's REALLY hard going back to the 3DS once you've played a Switch lol.

Whether you own one or not, if you're a Nintendo fan you'll realize that they need to move on and support the Switch 100% if they want to survive.

I do own a Switch (pre-ordered in January and received one on launch day), and as someone who regularly goes back to old consoles and handhelds I don't have any issues "going back" to the 3DS. I spent most of the weekend playing the NES version of Monopoly for Christ's sake.

Of course they'll have to eventually move to the Switch completely...the 3DS is over six years old at this point, but I'll definitely miss having a pocket-friendly gaming system that received new software regularly. The Switch is great but it's just too big to take out of the house and as such has more or less been relegated to home console use in my household.

The joycon issues really sucked my enjoyment out of the system though and I haven't really turned it on much since finishing Zelda in April. I'll probably get back into it when Splatoon releases -- hopefully the yellow joycons releasing alongside Arms are fixed.

Kudo

Yeah, looks it probably is an emulator shot. I don't see why GameFreak would keep the exact same artstyle as Sun and Moon, but get rid of the outlines.

If it's just a resolution up on Switch (1080p) the stroke get thinner compared to 240p much like emulators does. So it could be real, but I doubt it too.
Here's hoping for dem cutscenes though.

I mean, ideal scenario would be for Poke'mon Stars to exist and be released for both 3DS and Switch, but I'm not going to anticipate that. There's a few different things this Direct could be related to. I'd advise against treating Poke'mon Stars for Switch as inevitable.

If it's just a resolution up on Switch (1080p) the stroke get thinner compared to 240p much like emulators does. So it could be real, but I doubt it too.
Here's hoping for dem cutscenes though.

GameFreak wouldn't let a mistake like that into the game.

You know what? That's a really good point. I'll take it, this might be fake.

However, was it super coincidental that this was posted yesterday before today's announcement?

I don't know... The background graphics/detail also make me question this photo's legitimacy. (Although, that may be the compression of the image...)

Clearly because GF have got a 3DS emulator running on Switch and will release emulations of all their 3DS games on Virtual Console tomorrow!
It's fake

Guys, don't you find odd that those leaks come right after the direct being reveales?

After what happened with the artwork leak for S&M, I would expect fake leaks of the same type

Instro

Interesting that they would be making this announcement ahead of E3. I wonder why? I guess it's a Game Freak/Pokemon Co. decision to not be a part of the overall E3 presentation or something.

upandaway

am I the only one who just found out about Professor Mohn because of doop's post? what the hell??

I never had a clue what, how. Did everyone know this??

oti

Banned
I wish they weren't doing this tomorrow.

Whenever they reveal everything before E3, they get a backlash for having a boring E3 presentation.

The Pokémon Company doesn't care about that. They want to dominate the conversation and they know they will for close to a week before E3 craziness begins.

Pokemon Switch is going to be incredible when it finally comes for one thing, and one thing only, multiple save files! The Switch account system means that we'll finally be able to have multiple save files on the same device using a single cartridge. However, the way the Switch works does sacrifice the save data being stored on the cartridge, which is not something that I am a fan of.

Kyzer

Banned
Sun/Moon heavily hinting at Kanto and then Stars not having it is EXACTLY something Game Freak would do. Team Real

DigtialT

I want that pokemon and yu-gi-oh crossover. Either make yu-gi-oh monsters into pokemon or pokemon into yu-gi-oh cards, I will accept either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom