• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct - June 6th 2017 15:00 BST

What are you expecting from this Direct?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galava

Artwork here. I think it might be real, something similar happened with sun moon, artworks got leaked, but who the hell knows.

y48N4kO.png

Berordn

No way it's gonna be for Switch.

Nintendo already can't keep up with demand for the console. Release Pokémon for it, and you're introducing a Mad Max scenario. If they're smart, they'll hold off until next spring, after holiday demand has died down.

What would be preventing them from announcing it now, if they are releasing it in Spring?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We've gone from screen tilts to screen tilts run through 87 JPEG compression routines.

Was that photographed with a potato?

MTC100

Banned
It's actually a good tactic to announce games prior the start of the E³ but I don't feel like Nintendo of all companies needs to do that as they are often the ones that overshadow others the most.

That said, it still won't hurt them to announce something like Pokemon Stars for Switch, it's also rumored they'll be bringing Federation Force over to the Switch as a HD Remaster(makes sense as they want to increase their online game library to make people pay for their service in 2018), so 3DS games from Nintendo for the Switch are a possibility at least.

Wamb0wneD

first is would Kanto for the 5th time

second it wouldn't change anything, it's just a fresh coat of paint over a 20 year out model

A fresh enough coat for me. I never played any of the Red/Blue remakes. Playing that in a fully realized 3D environment would be more than enough for me. And I wouldn't be the only one. Maybe not for you then I guess.

Toad.T

Banned
I'll go against the grain here:
-Shuffle/Torozei for 3DS, Alola based.
-Ranger or Mystery Dungeon for 3DS
-Bank for Switch
-TimelessDiamond and FormlessPearl for Switch.

1496672648648.jpg

2AwcGdQ.jpg

In-game image was posted yesterday and the concept art was posted today. Some details

i'm a translator working on the upcoming pokémon game which you know as codename "pokémon stars".
I'll be leaving here few infos because u'll soon get an official announcement.

the new game will be available both for 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Only one title, not a couple of games.
the two versions can, of course, communicate.
Game will be again set in Alola, no visiting Kanto. Most of the characters will be grown up, such as Gladion that now fully runs Aether Paradise on his own.
Gyms are now built up. No more Alolan trials.
there will be no new pokémon or megas. Necrozma is getting a new form though. there will be new exclusive Z-moves. Won't say
anything more on them.
while the game is a sequel, plot is heavily focused on past events, such as black & white 2: you'll know more about how Mohn lost his memories, and how Necrozma fell into our world. (hint: "stars"!)
the game is heavily filled with cutscenes, even more than Sun & Moon.

what you see here is a grown up Gladion in his new suit. Feel free not to believe, i don't want any troubles on leaking things. Do not ask anything, I won't be saying more than what's already in the post.

boy is called kaosu, girl is called hoshi

Game lacks stroke around models, showing screenshot came from an emulator.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Pokemon Stars almost certainly will have a 3DS version, though I hope Switch gets a version.

Game Freak has been pretty consistent​ is sticking with the older console with the larger install base, but we'll see tomorrow...
I feel the same. Even going back to the original rumor, the basis behind it being Switch exclusive seemed pretty flimsy. That mention of HD Pokemon models was particularly baffling, since that's been the case since X/Y.

It's fake. Game will be 3DS only.

My biggest hesitation is the fact that Nintendo has still been pushing the 3DS so much. I hope it's dual platform a la Fire Emblem. If it's just 3DS I'm going to be so disappointed.

If it's Stars at all.

I'm optimistic but the most nintendo thing ever would be the announcement of pokemon stars tomorrow exclusively on 3DS

None of Nintendo's internal teams are working on 3DS games at all. That obviously doesn't include Game Freak, but it should be clear that Nintendo as a whole is starting to move on from the 3DS.

I still expect Stars to be Switch and n3DS cross platform, but it's almost certainly at least going to be on Switch.

But hey if you just want low expectations and want to be surprised tomorrow then go for it!

It does. Whoever decided on Stars is silly.

Eurogamer reported Stars is the code name. We don't know what the final name will be.

Pre-E3 announcements are usually reserved for things that are controversial in nature.

So expect a 3DS Pokémon announcement of some sort with only cursory mentions of Switch.

roytheone

I would put my money on stars being crossgen between the 3ds and the switch. Big difference now compared to black/white 2 was that the 3ds was backwards compatible and could still play those games, the switch can't do that.

Coffinhal

Everything looked decent until the fucking cutscenes

They want to go full anime-like but it's a video game, there are other ways to tell a story that don't disrupt gameplay (and even with cutscenes you can have a good direction and good dialogues haha)

True Fire

1496672648648.jpg

2AwcGdQ.jpg

In-game image was posted yesterday and the concept art was posted today. Some details

i'm a translator working on the upcoming pokémon game which you know as codename "pokémon stars".
I'll be leaving here few infos because u'll soon get an official announcement.

the new game will be available both for 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Only one title, not a couple of games.
the two versions can, of course, communicate.
Game will be again set in Alola, no visiting Kanto. Most of the characters will be grown up, such as Gladion that now fully runs Aether Paradise on his own.
Gyms are now built up. No more Alolan trials.
there will be no new pokémon or megas. Necrozma is getting a new form though. there will be new exclusive Z-moves. Won't say
anything more on them.
while the game is a sequel, plot is heavily focused on past events, such as black & white 2: you'll know more about how Mohn lost his memories, and how Necrozma fell into our world. (hint: "stars"!)

what you see here is a grown up Gladion in his new suit. Feel free not to believe, i don't want any troubles on leaking things. Do not ask anything, I won't be saying more than what's already in the post.

boy is called kaosu, girl is called hoshi

Someone please prove this is fake so I can move on with my life

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Chiming in as apparently the one person on earth who liked Pokemon Sun & Moon's story focus to say I liked the storyline.

Waji

Tuesday seems to be some kind of holy Nintendo day.
Every tuesday now I'm expecting something to happen when I come back from work.

But I'm expecting 8 minutes of Smartphone news : P.
Edit : "Big pokemon news" ?
Damn... 1 week before E3, is Nintendo REALLY dropping a gigantic bomb this year...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Tuesday seems to be some kind of holy Nintendo day.
Every tuesday now I'm expecting something to happen when I come back from work.

Tuesday is the most popular day for news in general. This started because of how newspapers and magazines work, but carried on into the digital age anyway.

Wamb0wneD

Artwork here. I think it might be real, something similar happened with sun moon, artworks got leaked, but who the hell knows.

y48N4kO.png

damn...One of the few criticisms i had with the game were the god awful facial expressions. Hope they improve on that front.

Holy shit. Stars is probably a thing.

I love the rate of Nintendo Directs we've been getting since the Switch launch. We've had at least one a month haven't we? March we had the indie direct, April was Splatoon/Arms/etc, May was Arms, and now in June we're getting a Pokemon one (and the E3 presentation). Nintendo is on fire right now.

XandBosch

I'm a Nintendo fan and I want the 3DS to stick around for as long as possible.

Clearly you don't own a Switch, then. It's REALLY hard going back to the 3DS once you've played a Switch lol.

Whether you own one or not, if you're a Nintendo fan you'll realize that they need to move on and support the Switch 100% if they want to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom