• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Duel - Trading Figures on iOS & Android

18-Volt

This is the video game version of Pokémon Trading Figure game, a US exclusive failed tabletop game released back in 2006. I had the starter set and it was pretty fun. Sadly Pokémon USA only released 1 expansion and cancelled the game. Pity, figure quality was top notch.

J60xor9.jpg

Dragoshi1

I like it, pulled a Salamence out of a orange pack.

So got these guys in my initial deck;

Salamance Lv2
Flareon lv2
Raticate Lv1
Pikachu Lv2
Audino Lv1
Weavile Lv2

This is the video game version of Pokémon Trading Figure game, a US exclusive failed tabletop game released back in 2006. I had the starter set and it was pretty fun. Sadly Pokémon USA only released 1 expansion and cancelled the game. Pity, figure quality was top notch.

J60xor9.jpg

Yessss this is what I was talking about! I had the first set and they were really nice.

I saw someone mention rerolling earlier. What's involved? I got a frogadier after my pikachu which i'd happily reroll for something else :p

solaaire

Neo Member
How does this play?

Also why is there still no Pokemon TCG game yet?

Pokemon TCG has been available on mobile (tablet only) and pc/mac in the US for years now.

This game looks decent enough to try out. Doubt i will put any money into it though.

ReaperXL7

I saw someone mention rerolling earlier. What's involved? I got a frogadier after my pikachu which i'd happily reroll for something else :p

If your on IOS you just delete the app and redownload. You do the tutorial again until it allows you to pull a booster from the shop if you don't get the pokemon you want rinse and repeat.

The first monster that you pull from the main menu seems to always be Pikachu, but the booster from the shop is random.

I got a Raichu after my Pikachu? I assumed it was fixed considering I got Pikachu from the first box. Did people get different Mons?

Yeah, I got Blastoise

Het_Nkik

Is this game releasing today why I can't log in to Pokemon Go with my Pokemon Trainer Club ID? Can't log into any Pokemon Trainer Club things. Boo.

If your on IOS you just delete the app and redownload. You do the tutorial again until it allows you to pull a booster from the shop if you don't get the pokemon you want rinse and repeat.

The first monster that you pull from the main menu seems to always be Pikachu, but the booster from the shop is random.
Thankies, I'll give that a go :3

Majukun

how many years it take to get 100 gems as a f2p?
i have little more than 200 gems right now and was aiming for the 6 with guaranteed EX pack

MattyG

Banned
Should I be evolving figures whenever possible? And is there a Pokedex-type thing anywhere? I can't find anything.

I just started playing for 5 minutes and am a little confused. Am I battling real people? Is there a campaign I'm supposed to be doing? I just hit "Play" and it searches for an opponent, and I've won two matches relatively easily. If this isn't beginner AI I'm squaring off against, then the online matches I've had have been a little braindead. They leave their goal wide open.
When searching for online matches, if it doesn't find you a match within a certain amount of time then it puts you up against the AI.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

J60xor9.jpg

Kaiyoodo figure quality was great. A shame it got cancelled, however Series 2 for them DO exist, as collectors have been able to find them without the little bases. They do... have higher values, being unreleased officially.

Had no idea this game was based on that! Might have to try it out.

t26

I got Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle from my first pack!! Bulbasaur doesn't seem too useful.

Weetrick

I really don't like this game. I have an iPhone 7 plus and everything is slow as hell. I like my phone games to be snappy and responsive. Bummer, because the premise is kinda cool.

Edit: the music is great though

Chase17

This is taking a year to download after launching the app. Also looks they didn't bother to translate the terms of service. They know no one reads it haha.

*goes back to duel link*

Robin64

Mine won't even launch. I just get "Text not found:UiMaster.AlertDialogMsg.101"

Cool game.

Edit: Finally got in, but MicH is right, the whole game is sooooo slow. Constant "Connecting.." screens, and this is on wifi.

vgamer1

how many years it take to get 100 gems as a f2p?
i have little more than 200 gems right now and was aiming for the 6 with guaranteed EX pack

I played 2 online matches and I've beaten the first hotel in Story Mode (total time played probably an hour or two) and I currently have 196 Gems.

TheDanimal

This game takes forever to load menus and even longer to find matches. I really want to play this game, but if I can't even play it...

SalvaPot

Game has been crashing for me since 2 hours ago, is that normal? Or did the casual base caught wind of it and its crashing the server?

MiTYH

Yeah game's getting hurt bad. I managed to log in and open a 6-hour chest that was ready, but it crashed and when I came back, it was gone.

Is there a tier list? I'd like to reroll for good starting ones (when the game is functional) but have't found one yet

they needed to focus on fast performance instead of these 3d graphics on a mobile game. go for a cell shaded look. its a pain to play at its current state with everything so slow

the game itself, even though its a cool concept im already kinda done after half a dozen matches. Just a little too reliant on luck because of the spin to attack thing. Ran through an entire board with pikachu and ended the match in 4/5 moves cause i kept getting thunder. Otherway around couldnt stop another guys raticate cause it kept hitting a 70 something move and i got misses.

//ARCANUM

Mine won't even launch. I just get "Text not found:UiMaster.AlertDialogMsg.101"

Cool game.

Edit: Finally got in, but MicH is right, the whole game is sooooo slow. Constant "Connecting.." screens, and this is on wifi.

I just keep getting that error too. Just keep trying?

SalvaPot

FUCK. I assumed it was saved server side. Noooooooo.

Yeah it sucks :/, they give you a small warning when you start the game (A small notice about the transfer system), but other than that they really don't make a big deal out of it, I almost made the same mistake so I looked into it.

On the other hand, you should be able to get all the gems from today and yesterday, so you can reroll the EX figure, you might get something better.

I just keep getting that error too. Just keep trying?

Its the server, they are doing maintenance now.

I've actually been avoiding the 6 EX offer because the normal boosters offer more mons I want than the distribution in the EX lot :p
As long as you get a 2 pack or higher you don't miss out on plates or the like either

vgamer1

Just got the 300 gem booster and got a SNORLAX EX! Nice!

Holy crap AND a Greninja EX!!

I'm enjoying playing through the single player, the light story keeps it kinda interesting, it's good to just leave on and I can occasionally smash the "AI" button while at work and it basically plays itself, haha!

vgamer1

I've now got today's login bonus twice, that's 300 gems right there. Dunno what's going on but I'm well on my way to some more EXs!

evanmisha

Can't believe how laggy and unresponsive the Android version is. I played a bit of Comaster when it came out and I don't remember finishing a match and just sitting for upwards of 3 minutes listening to music play while I wait for the results screen to pop up.

EDIT: Connection failed error pops up. Click ok. Back to waiting while nothing happens.

EDIT: Results screen finally pops up. Get back to title screen. App stops responding for another couple minutes. Unexpected error, returning to title screen.

I don't say this ever since it blends in with hyperbole-gaf vernacular, but this game is literally unplayable right now. I can't even get in enough time to form an opinion about it. Every tap on the menu (if it even responds) is accompanied by a 5 to 30 seconds of wait time, triple that if you're trying to get into a match, only to kick you back to the title screen. God help you if you're in a match and the board stops responding.

It baffles me how ill-equipped the Poke-app launches are. If there's a Pokemon name on it, the traffic will be high guaranteed. This shouldn't be catching dev this off-gaurd anymore.
You're playing online

There is a story mode. It's accessed by the menu on the League Bit, and then the option "Quests"

I try to tap League, but it makes a "blocked" noise. Do I have to win a certain number of online matches? This game is so bad at explaining things.

vgamer1

Playing through the story without issue. Currently about to finish up the second hotel, Chateau de Rosa.

You access the story by clicking the button to the right of the yellow "Play" button on the main menu, in there is the "Quests" option that allows you to play through the single player story. (They definitely mentioned this during the tutorial, or somewhere, as I never would have found it otherwise.)

Top Bottom