• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Duel - Trading Figures on iOS & Android

Dragoshi1

Did the 300 gem 6 pull, got Genesect and Raikou as my EX's, along with a Tyranitar, and some misc. ones I don't care for.

I wanna get my last weavile, they're pretty OP if properly leveled and positioned.

bon

Got 3 EXes on my first 300 gem pull. Raikou, Manaphy and Gardevoir. Also got Glaceon which is pretty sweet.

MicH

Damn, just got three EX figures in one pull. Including Ho-Oh and Lugia :D

860Yz4Sl.jpg

MiTYH

So what's the best thing to do with duplicate figures? I've got two Ttars on one of my accounts (still deciding between two). I know I can use both, but is there a fusion bonus or something? I've also got like 3 haunters

Majukun

another 300 pack, another 2 ex figures
as of now my team is

Latios EX
Latios EX
Magmortar EX
Genesect EX
Greninja EX
Xerneas EX

before pulling Genesect and Greninja I had R pikachu and the entire Goomy evolution chain

is there any reason not to put the stronger pkmns in the team?

Enjoying the game but after about 15 straight wins I guess the game got tired of my shit and started placing me against guys ranked in the 2000+. What do we do with the cube things?

JoeM86

Enjoying the game but after about 15 straight wins I guess the game got tired of my shit and started placing me against guys ranked in the 2000+. What do we do with the cube things?

Rare Metal (Blue) can be used to fuse with Pokémon for experience
Cubes (Green) can be used with figures of the same rarity to boost the Chain Level
Ingot (Gold) can be sold for lots of coins

Raven77

There was a site that told me what was good and what isn't so far I have pulled, kirlia, trapinch, quiladin, raichu, and shuppet. No idea if I should just reroll.

Finally got braixen, surprised at how nasty sliggoo is (special ability puts wait on anyone who fights it and it has a purple attack that swaps places with the victim :D ), next up is getting my Mawile :p

Anyone know what the sparkles on some of the models means?

JoeM86

what is chain level exactly?

Shamelessly stolen from my site:
As of Version 1.2.1, when you fuse with the same figure, it'll increase a new level bar known as the Chain Level. This allows for you to combine figures of the same species to boost the level and the amount you need to increase changes depending on the figures rarity
EX- 1
R- 3
UC- 9
C- 30
This can also be done by using the Cube items.

When your Chain Level increases, you gain the ability to increase the power of a move by 1 point meaning a move that was 40 can now be 41, allowing for your figure to have an advantage over others of the same figure.

SalvaPot

Finally got braixen, surprised at how nasty sliggoo is (special ability puts wait on anyone who fights it and it has a purple attack that swaps places with the victim :D ), next up is getting my Mawile :p

Anyone know what the sparkles on some of the models means?

Sparkles mean Rare (R).

I get the notification that some figures are getting discontinued, does it mean they are just getting discontinued on the recommended pack only, or they is no going to be a way to get them later on.

JoeM86

Sparkles mean Rare (R).

I get the notification that some figures are getting discontinued, does it mean they are just getting discontinued on the recommended pack only, or they is no going to be a way to get them later on.

They rotate figures out of the boosters every month or so. You can still craft them with materials, but you can't get them through the booster

Majukun

completed my five "6 figurines" pulls...ended up with 8 EX in total

2 greninja
1 giratina
2 latios
1 magmortar
1 xerneas
1 genesect

SalvaPot

They rotate figures out of the boosters every month or so. You can still craft them with materials, but you can't get them through the booster

Thanks Joe, I tried my luck with a 4x but only got a Kirlia.

wondering if it's worth it to fuse my 2 greninja together to max the chain level of one of them

I think a team with 2 Greninjas is great. specially in a team with Manaphy. Their gold attack and 3MP tears through EX teams. I'll say don't fuse them just yet.

Majukun

this game has poitential but it's based too much on luck....an entire match can go extremely well or end up with a loss just based on your luck with the spins..your strongest pkmn can go down against the enemy's worst one with a single bad one.

SalvaPot

this game has poitential but it's based too much on luck....an entire match can go extremely well or end up with a loss just based on your luck with the spins..your strongest pkmn can go down against the enemy's worst one with a single bad one.

I used to think the same thing but I have come to realize positioning and abilities are more important than relying on the spins. I usually only go on the offensive when I have big odds of winning, and if I lose I have a back-up strat.

This game deserves an OT, its that good, if I has my member status I'll be working in one right now.

MiTYH

I used to think the same thing but I have come to realize positioning and abilities are more important than relying on the spins. I usually only go on the offensive when I have big odds of winning, and if I lose I have a back-up strat.

While I agree, my Ttar just got attacked by a shuppet and lost, thanks to spinning a miss and him spinning 10 attack. So there's some RNG to it, but no different from other RNG games, especially pokemon (Critical hits, failing to catch a pokemon with 1HP and asleep with 1000 ultraballs, etc)

SalvaPot

While I agree, my Ttar just got attacked by a shuppet and lost, thanks to spinning a miss and him spinning 10 attack. So there's some RNG to it, but no different from other RNG games, especially pokemon (Critical hits, failing to catch a pokemon with 1HP and asleep with 1000 ultraballs, etc)

Oh yes, there is still an RNG element, misses in particular are there to balance certain mons or to make you level up your creatures constantly.

Dying to shuppet has to be the most embarrassing thing, happened to me a few times already to the point I only contest it if I am sure I am getting a kill or if doing so, wouldn't make me lose if I miss.

akileese

More people should be playing this game its honestly pretty fun.

The length of the matches once you get over 1500 is a pretty big deterrent I think. I had 4 in a row that went longer than 20 minutes and at that point I realized it just wasn't for me.

MiTYH

The length of the matches once you get over 1500 is a pretty big deterrent I think. I had 4 in a row that went longer than 20 minutes and at that point I realized it just wasn't for me.

How is that possible? It's a 5 minute timer for both people, so it should be 10 minutes, tops

Majukun

the game doesn't work for me anymore...every time i open it everything seems normal but when i'm on the main screen the bar below is darkned and nothing on screen responds to inputs,despite the "sparkling" effect where you touch the screen still be present.

neshcom

Banned
So is this like Clash Royals where you don't want to play when you're full on chests? I've got three 12hrs right now...

Having played a fair bit of Fire Emblem: Heroes, they definitely need to make Pokemon Duel check in with the server less. FE:H feels snappy and responsive which really highlights how cumbersome PD is with almost every button not responding until it gets something back from the server.

Sparkles mean Rare (R).

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
What do you mean?

For one, this game originally came out 3 months before Pokémon Go

Second, it's a different game by a different developer with a different concept.

No, just the dueling and the tradeing, I thought that was supposed to come to GO

MiTYH

Very happy with today's stuff. Got Yvetal EX from the free maintenance tickets, and got Metagross EX from a rainbow box!

Onto the ic/flying gym... thingy. Seems interesting, we'll see how annoying it gets

Can't help but dislike this game. Three matches in a row against decks of all C and UC with a few R in them. Lost bad each time because my rolls kept ending up as miss or fly, causing my Pokémon to pave the way for the opponent to consistently bumrush my flag.

Way too much luck involved and it kills the fun.

Edit - Why has Nintendo been around so long but in terms of online they are trash? It's connection issues and such has been trash tier since launch.

Now I had a 6 game streak going, opponent was lagging like crazy, it drops the game and my streak ends?

Yup, deleting.

Top Bottom