• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Game Show opening tomorrow- new demo, anime & TCG news to come

To celebrate the release of Pokémon X and Y in 2 months time, The Pokémon Company are putting on a free to the public event in Tokyo on 17-18th August. This will be the place where the first publicly playable demo for X and Y will be revealed, and the demo has said to be focused around Mega Evolutions. First demos for Pokémon games have often yielded new Pokémon reveals in the past- Roserade was revealed by the Diamond and Pearl demo, and the Black and White demo showed off Darumaka, Audino, Basculin, Emolga, Gigalith and Deerling. As a result, it's reasonable to work on the assumption that, at the least, a new Pokémon might be revealed. In addition to the demo, there's going to be all manner of auxiliary stuff shown off, from the X and Y anime to TCG to Tretta and everything in between.

Is anyone from JapanGAF thinking of attending?

I wish I could, but it's too far away for me to justify it. Hopefully, we get some new Megas out of it, though. Of course, I wouldn't say no to a brand new Pokemon, either.

Yeah, I hope this clarifies exactly how Megas work while showing us some new ones.

Also, I'm hoping to see new Pokemon.. but new Megas has me more excited strangely.

Muku

I hadn't heard about this until now. Tokyo is close enough, but really the train fare isn't what I want to be paying right now with a trip coming up soon. Will be hoping someone on here goes though to read up about it. I don't want to fight the crowd either that will probably be out and about.

Where about in Tokyo are they holding it anyway?

Assuming Akihabara. But could be wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The only negative thing is, in the past, often Pokemon who appeared at these would only pop up in blurry pictures or not at all and only be talked about (such as Audino, appeared in the demo for BW, but we never saw pictures of it for awhile) by Japanese fans, it was a bit annoying.

Pretty much what is happening right now with Orotto-chan.

But I'm still excited. Especially for Anime news, Best Wishes was disappointing, but I'm still hoping they can turn things around especially as I found the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl series to be very fun and improving on what was a pretty stale series quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to the TCG news. I wonder how Mega Evolutions will be implemented.

They'll probably be this new gen's form of Pokemon EX.

Can't imagine they'll change too much of how EX's work now cause it would be too unwieldy to use if they force you to put it on top of the non-Mega Pokemon.

TheOGB

Banned
I thought this was going to be about a Pokemon game show, like Hollywood Squares, but with Pokemon characters/trivia/prizes

glad it's this instead

I feel like there's been so many pokebombs lately. I really should go out on a blackout... but then I feel so left out when my friends start talking about the latest awesome news :(

Watch Da Birdie

I thought this was going to be about a Pokemon game show, like Hollywood Squares, but with Pokemon characters/trivia/prizes

glad it's this instead

That's basically what Pokemon Smash is, but with Japanese Hitler, a chick who licks cats, and the empty promise of actual Pokemon news people care about.

They need to make an anime based of Pokemon Adventure series.
pokemon-adventures-pokemon-adventures-30776642-600-445.jpg

JoeM86

One of my friends is going so I'll report on whatever is there :)

It's quite likely that there will be an announcement. At the very least, the demo deals with Mega Evolutions so we'll know for sure what the procedure in that is.

That's basically what Pokemon Smash is, but with Japanese Hitler, a chick who licks cats, and the empty promise of actual Pokemon news people care about.

Pokémon Smash very seldom promises news. It's not their fault that the fandom overhypes everything. When Pokémon Smash IS to have something, we know it ahead of time. I mean hell, it came to a certain point last year where certain places were saying we got "trolled" every week there wasn't news, as if Pokémon Smash exists to solely provide new stuff.

Shengar

Ash replaced as protagonist for next anime
Not gonna happened dude. No one gonna replace As* Ketchum with anybody, no one. He and his skill resetting Pikachu is practically the face of Pokemon.
Nope. Ash is confirmed for the next anime.
I'm right, am I? Then my hate for the anime just keep raging on for this generation too it seems.
They need to make an anime based of Pokemon Adventure series.
pokemon-adventures-pokemon-adventures-30776642-600-445.jpg
You're dreaming too much, too much. Wish like this is like a something that would only come up when I smoking weed.

Because I hope for PokeSpe anime too, only to be crushed by a mere existence of a certain anime and its fukkin Sazae-san character

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh I say PokeSpe is overrated by its fans. Yeah sure it's better than anime, but that's not saying much. It suffers the same thing the anime has, but the "changing characters" give that illusion.

Shengar

Eh I say PokeSpe is overrated by its fans. Yeah sure it's better than anime, but that's not saying much. It suffers the same thing the anime has, but the "changing characters" give that illusion.

I know its not the best manga around, but like you've said the changing character make it fresh. Not all of them have character development but that doesn't really matter since every character would have limited screen time after their arc is completed. But with the same character that the anime have now, there is no illusion. Its feel the same all over again. And I just hate Ash face. The other protagonist certainly have better looks and demeanor, but nooo, Ash would be still here until the end of the franchise.

If I have the luxury to choose, I prefer Electric Tale of Pikachu over PokeSpe any day. Great artwork, some interesting concept and other things. The main character, is how Ash Ketchum should really be. Sad is the manga drawn by a hentai artist and very short.

Salvadora

I hope they focus on revealing Mega Pokemon in the time leading up to release, rather than showing off all new Pokemon.

Keep the mystery.

Boss Doggie

I know its not the best manga around, but like you've said the changing character make it fresh. Not all of them have character development but that doesn't really matter since every character would have limited screen time after their arc is completed. But with the same character that the anime have now, there is no illusion. Its feel the same all over again. And I just hate Ash face. The other protagonist certainly have better looks and demeanor, but nooo, Ash would be still here until the end of the franchise.

If I have the luxury to choose, I prefer Electric Tale of Pikachu over PokeSpe any day. Great artwork, some interesting concept and other things. The main character, is how Ash Ketchum should really be. Sad is the manga drawn by a hentai artist and very short.

Oh definitely - ETP is the best manga of the franchise bar none.

And eh, I don't really mind the hentai origins of various artists. It's pretty common for instance to have Japanese voice actors doing voice acting for hentai too.

I've been keeping away from this game as much as possible. I only watched the trailer they put up after the January direct. I wanted to go blind into this game aside from a few unavoidable bits like mega evolutioms.

However, I watched a new trailer yesterday and the game looks amazing! Holy s**t, it looks smother than the reveal trailer, the cities are so close up you can sit on benches and stuff instead of of just standing on them. The city looks amazing from the perspective they're showing.

My first Pokemon game was Blue version when it was released. As a kid, my English skill didn't exist at all where I lived, but I was able to memorize the moves as I played along. I love everything they've shown for X and Y, so I'me very excited to play Y.

Shengar

Oh definitely - ETP is the best manga of the franchise bar none.

And eh, I don't really mind the hentai origins of various artists. It's pretty common for instance to have Japanese voice actors doing voice acting for hentai too.

Ritchie's Charizard vs Ash Charizard show what shit could happened if you don't train your Pokemon right. ETP is not gloomy and dark, but its not all happy-go-lucky either. It shown the possible violent problem posed by Pokemon training that no other thing in the franchise have ever done before. I was hoping that other Pokemon media try to explore this, not just showing the happy side of training and bonding with your Pokemon.

Its a funny thing that ETP was published in kids magazine despite the amount of violence and fanservice it have :p

Boss Doggie

Also dat ending

I forgot but was it a timeskip showing Jessie and James getting married? Since iirc they were just teens during the story.

Also dat ending

I forgot but was it a timeskip showing Jessie and James getting married? Since iirc they were just teens during the story.

YUP, not to mention an awesome Orange Islands,
Ash and Ritchie traveling together and a final showdown with Gary

Maybe its the fact that I havent seen the Pokemon Ash Anime for years but what are these 'same things' the Anime and PokeSpe have in common?

You're dreaming too much, too much. Wish like this is like a something that would only come up when I smoking weed.

Because I hope for PokeSpe anime too, only to be crushed by a mere existence of a certain anime and its fukkin Sazae-san character

Well, at least theres still this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U Kinda close to a Pokemon Adventures anime....

It kinda stings though.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ash replaced as protagonist for next anime

Nope, Ash will always be the protagonist long after we have all died.

get rid of Ash, his failures as a protagonist have gone on for far too long

Getting rid of Ash wouldn't fix the show problems. It's amazing how people keep forgetting that the Pokémon Animé is a 22 minute advert for the Pokémon game.

Damn, they're keeping this hype train alive throughout August, huh?

Well they kinda have to, since the game is out in two months time.

Sad is the manga drawn by a hentai artist

I remember when I found out about that and I didn't know what hentai was and I typed it into google and my reaction was;

"Oh my god what is that woman doing to that poor octopus?"

Ah fun time. :)

Watch Da Birdie

PokeSpecial used to be cool early on (the RBY Arc, GS Arc (not the Crystal portion) and most of Ruby and Sapphire, than the art-style got horribly generic and the plots just piled up into the scribblings of a maniac trying to piece together everything and connect each little plot-line to the point of the Star Wars Prequels which just annoys me.

Kouriozan

I heard the Gym Leader music recreation by utuber6061, kinda hyped about what music we'll have in this game.
I always looked forward the new Pokémon soundtracks and I never was disappointed by it :)

Boss Doggie

utuber is really suspect on the music - makes me wonder he knows more than what he's letting on lol

Yep,
Not only married, but Jessie also being pregnant in the end
Man, I miss ETP :')

Ahh yeah that part too!

Man, it's really well written without being too off-kilter.

Top Bottom