• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Game Show opening tomorrow- new demo, anime & TCG news to come

kiri

Finished the demo. Nothing new others than I can say the mega evolutions last until the end of the battle; only Pikachu has his anime cry and run is the default speed and it's hella fast.

You have to hold B in order to walk (I'm assuming for tightrope sections) There is no real possibility of evolving in the demo as you are placed in a courtyard with important cast members and it's basically a place to get to know them. Some wild Pokemon are found in grass but some walk around in the field and need to be approached in order to initiate a battle.

And the music is really really good and not a trumpet in sight!

BR1eoEHCUAEpzsm.jpg

Cool. There's Xerneas' model

Finished the demo. Nothing new others than I can say the mega evolutions last until the end of the battle; only Pikachu has his anime cry and run is the default speed and it's hella fast.

You have to hold B in order to walk (I'm assuming for tightrope sections) There is no real possibility of evolving in the demo as you are placed in a courtyard with important cast members and it's basically a place to get to know them. Some wild Pokemon are found in grass but some walk around in the field and need to be approached in order to initiate a battle.

Were you able to tell if Megaevolving has priority?

DaBoss

Xerneas looks nice.

Oh god yes.

You probably can walk to avoid getting trainer's attention.

-Pikachu has anime cry
-Run is default
-no trumpets

oh god yes

Pokemon Origins is probably not going to be very good.

Or at least not live up to the hype once people realize that Ash's character is a common Shonen staple and Red will probably end up being more or less the same character type.

Based on what? The last series they did based on the game was excellent
292145-the_legend_of_thunder_large.jpg

gosox333

So how'd megalutions work? Hit the button and still be able to get your attack in like posted before?

kiri

Upon finding him in the field, his cry is his anime cry. No othe PKMN have that, all others are your usual digital-based cries.

You can choose to mega-evolve or not and have to press the button you guys have already seen to initiate it. So therefore you can do at the start of the battle, during, or not mega-evolve at all.

Baby Gogoat is even faster than running, think Mach Bike-fast (sorry, forgot the name as I am trying to remember English and Japanese names!!)

Upon finding him in the field, his cry is his anime cry. No othe PKMN have that, all others are your usual digital-based cries.

You can choose to mega-evolve or not and have to press the button you guys have already seen to initiate it. So therefore you can do at the start of the battle, during, or not mega-evolve at all.

Baby Gogoat is even faster than running, think Mach Bike-fast (sorry, forgot the name as I am trying to remember English and Japanese names!!)
No problem (メェークル is Skiddo). Also, Mach Bike speed... o_O

Just wondering, can you press the button and attack in the same turn, or can you only transform in a turn?
What's wrong with trumpets?
Nothing, only to people who can't recognize the amazingness that is the RSE soundtrack

DaBoss

Go Skiddo. Appropriate name considering it is fast. And yea, it is called a mach bike.

EDIT: Oh, you meant about Baby Gogoat, lol I feel stupid.

What's wrong with trumpets?

Apparently people hated them due to Gen 3 music? Not really sure.

kiri

Sorry for my quoting, iPhone posting!

You press the button THEN choose your attack. You Mega-Evolve then attack. I assume this is for strategic purposes as various changes occur to your PKMN which may help or hinder the attack. eg. Stat changes in Mawile, Lucario etc.

kiri

Settings menu is turned off so no chance to change animations or text speed. Pretty sure it'll be in the final game though.

Thank you based Kiri.

kiri

Fuck, just noticed Masuda in front of me.

Anyone got a picture of the western Game Freak guy? I'll hunt him down!

You press the button THEN choose your attack. You Mega-Evolve then attack. I assume this is for strategic purposes as various changes occur to your PKMN which may help or hinder the attack. eg. Stat changes in Mawile, Lucario etc.
Killer, thanks!

There's probably no chance that you're near a stats screen when looking at Mega Mewtwo? If you can, can you post the stats? It's alright if you've moved on to another area.

JoeM86

My friend just finished giving me a rundown of his playthrough too...similar experience to yours, kiri.

It's a pity they didn't take this opportunity to reveal a new Pokémon

kiri

Thanks for the pic.

Missed the stats screen but I'll go try again later...it's 120 minute wait now, unf..

Battle speed I felt was slightly quicker but it might just be down to more emotive polygonal models that move into and out of attacks....if that makes sense?

backlot

Does the evolution take place directly before you attack? So if an enemy has higher speed it could hit you before you are able to evolve?

JoeM86

Thanks for the pic.

Missed the stats screen but I'll go try again later...it's 120 minute wait now, unf..

Battle speed I felt was slightly quicker but it might just be down to more emotive polygonal models that move into and out of attacks....if that makes sense?

Unfortunately, the stats and move screens are locked out based on a screen we've seen

The main reason I was asking about the stats were to see what the changes are like (the amount specifically that stats are increased/decreased).

I'm just working off an assumption that the Mewtwo given to you is not EV-trained (though if the EV tracker thing is on the bottom screen, it may not be). If so, the base stats of the normal and Mega form can be figured easily enough since it's at level 100.

edit: Ah man, I know which screen you're talking about Joe. Darn...

JoeM86

My friend mentioned that the running was controlled via the circle pad, and that you had to take off the Roller Blades to go into into the grass. Presumably that's what the B Button did for you, kiri.

-Horizon-

I need this game!

BR1eoEHCUAEpzsm.jpg

Cool. There's Xerneas' model
I need this game now yo!

JoeM86

My friend is now in line for the legendary distributions. He said the lines are almost as long as the line for the XY demo since the distribution is being done through IR

My friend is now in line for the legendary distributions. He said the lines are almost as long as the line for the XY demo since the distribution is being done through IR

IR? That's...odd. Why in the world would they distribute them that way? I mean, if there's multiple, shouldn't they be able to just set them up far enough away like the Champion's Pokemon?

Top Bottom