• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Generations - Anime Short Series based on each Generation Game

JoeM86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk

The new animated series Pokémon Generations revisits each generation of the Pokémon video game series to shed new light on some timeless moments. From the earliest days in the Kanto region to the splendor of the Kalos region, go behind the scenes and witness Pokémon history with new eyes! These bite-sized adventures, about 3 to 5 minutes long, will be released every week through December 23, 2016.

Consider me intrigued.

Poster

CsPlfCXWcAABog7.jpg

18 episodes. Starting September 16th 09:00 PDT

The footage of Blue vs Lance looks like we're going to see some stuff that occured in the games off-screen, which is cool.

I think I spotted Looker in there too?

Kinsei

Banned
Why was Red fighting Zygarde? Damn it TPC use the game specific protagonists for the shorts set in those regions.

MicH

3 to 5 minutes?

I wish they'd just do something a la Pokemon Origins for all the games, but this definitely still looks interesting

Ydelnae

Oh wow, I thought this was going to be a anime miniseries.

It looks good, it's basically this generation's Pokémon Origins.

Zomba13

Yooooo! That is exactly what I want out of the anime! I loved Origins and its retelling of Gen 1, I'd love to see more stories from different gens or different sides (Like Blue's attempt at the E4).

Koppai

Oh my god this is fucking awesome THE FEELSSSSSS ;_;

I love these other animation companies they are using for these shorts, makes it look way more mature like other anime :D

Gorillaz

I was WONDERING if the Pokémon Origins reception would give a hint to them that people want more of that style of pokemon anime

That would be crazy if they actually have red go to other regions now

Why was Red fighting Zygarde? Damn it TPC use the game specific protagonists for the shorts set in those regions.

I don't mind if they want to flesh out Red's post-E4 "wander around mountains being badass" phase into some actual narrative arc for him, honestly. Zygarde being involved is weird but I imagine there'll be some sort of explanation for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

was really hoping for animated Hilbert too, I guess it's Red going on all regions

I don't mind if they want to flesh out Red's post-E4 "wander around mountains being badass" phase into some actual narrative arc for him, honestly. Zygarde being involved is weird but I imagine there'll be some sort of explanation for it.

it's a short

woopWOOP

Short shorts, but if there's lots of them in this Origin style quality, yes please!

Did that trailer show off a Pokemon - Police taskforce? lmao

So far the trailer only really showed off Red as MC, but I'm kind of hoping the player trainers of each generations end up starring in these shorts.

Gorillaz

That would be crazy if they show Gary/Blue taking on the elite 4 from his prospective.

They already "tied" him to the knowledge of the kalos region in Origins with the megastone drop. Plus Fuji I think name dropped Kalos anyway.

Chase17

Oh good. Now we can hear about how red does in 4 minutes what ash couldn't do in 20 years.

Anyways, I'm interested. Would be funny if end of Blue vs Lance is Red walking in

ash_ag

I'm screaming IRL.

B2W2 gave us the Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Animated Trailer:

XY gave us Pokémon Origins:

ORAS gave us the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Animated Trailer:

I wonder if the tradition will be kept with Sun and Moon. It would be amazing if we got an extended animation project like Origins again, but I'd be good even with something along the lines of the B2W2AT. The ORAS one was pretty bad though. :p

Told ya! :D

gardfish

"All the generations"

*95% of the footage is Gen I*

Don't know what I expected.

Oh come on, there was plenty from other generations, they're just using Red as a consistent protagonist. Off the top of my head we saw the legendary beasts and the Red Gyarados (Gen II), battles with Heatran and Regigigas (Gen IV), and battles with Noivern and Zygarde (Gen VI).

Also, what was that circular room with all the staircases at the start that kinda looked like a space station or something? I'm drawing a blank on if it's something familiar.

-Legendary Beasts
-Red vs Zygarde
-Something with Team Rocket
-Looker/Interpol
-Lake of Rage
-Blue vs Elite 4
-Stark Mountain
-Eterna Forest
-Regigigas

They're the ones I could identify. Looks like Red is in a lot of these, but now he's using Pikachu instead of Charizard.

Top Bottom