• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon: Generations, fan made 3D Action RPG

wwm0nkey

Downloaded and played this for a bit and its actually pretty cool and I hope they don't get an order to stop because I am interested in where this goes.

Here is a quick gameplay video I made

(Also here is a 6v1 battle happening in the game)

Summary:
Pokémon: Generations is a 3D Action/Adventure/RPG heavily inspired by both the Pokemon Anime & the Pokemon Video Games. The game will contain both single and multiplayer aspects, along with a story bridging the gap between RBY & GSC.

As progress continues, updates will be available on the game's launcher. If you're interested in helping the project, please note that we're only interested for asset gatherers/creators, however all support is both greatly appreciated and highly motivating, and we're grateful for it.

We'll be updating this page regularly with news, patches, and media, but if you really want to stay in the loop, we suggest that you join our forums.

Also, Mac users can find ports of the latest versions on this thread. Thank user AndrewGaze when you get there for keeping you guys in the loop.

Download

2TgRm.png

223.png

pokegen2013050912371128.png

The only way I'll be fine with this getting a cease and desist is if they announce an official Pokemon action RPG immediately after.

I wondering why the download is so small. I downloaded v1 (17mb) and the v2 launcher (2mb). I pray Nintendo doesn't shut this down. My son will die and go to heaven playing this game. I'm almost scared to show him...LOL!

plank

Has Nintendo ever shut down a fangame? I don't know any instances of that happening.

There was this one Korean mmorpg that looked identical to the Wind Waker. In fact it actually had WW assets if I recall.

This looks pretty cool, but are only the Gen I 'mons obtainable? I know it would be a lot of work to make 3D models and animations for all 649, but it'd be a bummer if I couldn't use the majority of my favourites.

Drac

Hahaha, I had the exact same vision combat wise as this but in 2d about 3-4 years ago, got a somewhat working engine but I was too lazy to create assets and lost motivation. So happy to see I'm not the only one thinking like that, and that they're a lot more likely to see it through
until nintendo kills it :(

monlo

Nintendo has said that they don't care about fan based games as long as it doesn't make money by using their IP.

Akihidas

I've actually been following this from the start and have gotten to know the staff quite well (two guys called Xatoku and Skatter). It's quite fun to play, but obviously lacking in the feature department for now. I think he plans to release a new update every 2 weeks so it's quite an active project.

And yeah they've been pretty clear that they won't accept donations and the like since they don't want to be shut down by ninty for making money off the IP.

DigitalOp

Banned
"I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. That’s also a match with the Pokemon concept."

- A guy who doesn't get it.... and hates money

udivision

Playing now... Using Squirtle's Rapid Spin to reflect Charmander's Ember = awesome!
EDIT: Pidgey can fly with the jump button, but only for a certain amount of time, nice.

"I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. That’s also a match with the Pokemon concept."

I would buy a Wii-U if Nintendo got off their butts and made a full blown Pokemon RPG. But....they won't :(

Can anyone that has the game explain the single player? Is it lengthy? Or is it still being constructed?

And was OP controlling the Charmander?!

sn00zer

I always thought a Pokemon game would work really well with gameplay presentation similar to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (but for the love of god not with the horrible "combo" system)

Yeah, the director of most - if not all - of the Pokemon games and one of the co-founders of Game Freak sure does hate money. Boy, what a dumb-dumb he is for not seeing the light and instead sticking to his guns.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well this is embarrassing. Seems pretty darn well put together and the characters arms even move when they run!

CTLance

Oh jolly, that Pokegame will get taken down so hard even the players will feel the terror emanating from the harshly worded Cease and Desist letter.

Top Bottom