• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Original Post be updated to suggest for new players to sign up with their Google account, and avoid PTC sign up at all cost?

There is no benefit signing up with PTC. PTC has a lot more log in issues than Google.

New thread, yay. Can you include

rsz_11rsz_team_mysticqnsnx.png
rsz_team_mysticj4sbo.png

in the OP for those who want it? (Need more people showing they are in the best team.)

No way am I supporting Team Mystic.

Lmao yeah im gonna add them in right now, are there ones for the other teams? I can whip those up real quick.

Can anyone post a recap of what was found in the code? I was gonna edit some stuff in the OP...like the stuff about CP and what effects it and the incense spawning.

Kebiinu

Banned
PTC is down again. I can login to my Google file, but my main file refuses to get past the login screen. Gives the usual authentication error.

God damn, I really should have started with a Google account...

We went out for a couple of hours in the UK and stopped trying to catch anything we didn't need cos it just constantly froze on the pokeball. Managed to hatch a couple of eggs though. The wife hatched an Ekans which she'd never had before and got 21 candy with it!

Permanently A

Not gonna use any of my lures or incense until the pokeball freezing glitch is fixed. Seriously I can't remember the last time a glitch pissed me off so bad.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Seems to work fine on my end... quicker to establish a connection than yesterday too.

Lucumo

Can anyone post a recap of what was found in the code? I was gonna edit some stuff in the OP...like the stuff about CP and what effects it and the incense spawning.
Crab posted some stuff in the old thread. He is probably busy right now, so I'm quoting what he wrote:

Someone has basically just dumped the entire game-code. Bunch of people going through it now. I'll say new info as I find it. Notable things so far:

STAB is in the game, but at a reduced 1.25x rate instead of the 1.5x from the main series
Incense spawns new Pokemon at a faster rate if you walk around while using it than it does if you stand still.
Nice bonus happens when the radius of the circle is between 70% and 100%, Great between 30% and 70%, Excellent between 0% and 30%.
Max Player level is 40, but after level 20 Eggs you get won't increase in CP and after 30 you won't see stronger wild Pokemon.

Weight and height are distributed using a normal distribution with the mean being the species height and weight you'll see in e.g. the main series' Pokedex, and with a special standard deviation set in the coding - for example, Pikachu's is:

PokedexHeightM: 0.4
PokedexWeightKg: 6
HeightStdDev: 0.05
WeightStdDev: 0.75

Max Pokemon level is 82.
Wild Pokemon are only caught at odd levels (no idea why...).
weight and height do indeed seem to have absolutely nothing to do with potential, which is determined by 4 stats it seems - 3 individual values for Stamina (HP), Attack and Defense, plus a CP multiplier; all of which are set on a per-Pokemon basis and not a per-species basis.

openrob

I avoided the last thread but just want to say I jumped in as soon as I had a decent phone.

Been really fun, and glad that a series or always loved is popular again!

Does anyone what find that there is significant slowdown when in the Pokémon menu.

PSFan

SE US here. Been logged in with my PTC account all morning and no issues so far except the footprint thing. I even caught a Tangela this morning.

I always thought my biggest regret with Go would be rinsing through stardust and candies powering up low level Pokemon at the start. Turns out registering with a Pokemon Trainer Club account was the worst decision I ever made.

Have fun playing, Google trainers.

Zafir

We went out for a couple of hours in the UK and stopped trying to catch anything we didn't need cos it just constantly froze on the pokeball. Managed to hatch a couple of eggs though. The wife hatched an Ekans which she'd never had before and got 21 candy with it!
Yeah if I manage to get on I ignore any pokemon I don't need. Too much of a risk.

Rixa

Not gonna use any of my lures or incense until the pokeball freezing glitch is fixed. Seriously I can't remember the last time a glitch pissed me off so bad.

Yup, lost so many balls and pokemons due to this bug. Sad thing is that Iam living in place where nearest Pokestop is around 2km walk from my house. Losing pokeballs is not a big issue those who live near pokestops, but whatabout us that dont have the chance to get more balls?

Using money to buy more balls is not an option cause its like throwing coins to well and wishing something good will happen :D.

All this talk of PTC is confusing to me because I live right next to Peachtree City which is always abbreviated PTC. It is also where I've caught a lot of my Pokemon.

T.O.P

Banned
It's not like i can get out of my house with a purpose if the servers aren't working, fix your shit Niantic

jwhit28

Just how messed up is the tracking? I woke up with Ghastly in my top 3 spots, been all over the neighborhood and still nothing but Rattata and Pidgey. I can't wait for more generations to be added so I get that many more chances of having early regional bird and rodent show up.

Just how messed up is the tracking? I woke up with Ghastly in my top 3 spots, been all over the neighborhood and still nothing but Rattata and Pidgey. I can't wait for more generations to be added so I get that many more chances of having early regional bird and rodent show up.

I wouldn't mind poochyena and starly at all lol.

Sick of fucking kids getting their phones out, pointing them at me and shouting "THERE'S A SNORLAX!"

One of the main reasons why I hate kids. No filters because they don't have any real consequences to face. Kids are aholes.

MajorMane

So would it be best to evolve a Geodude all the way or can I evolve a Graveler and have it be just as strong?

The best way to get a strong final evolution is to wait until you have enough candies to evolve both Pokemon. This mainly because by the time you catch enough Geodude to have 125 candy or so, you'll have caught a stronger CP Geodude.

That being said, you can evolve one now, it just probably will be overshadowed by a Geodude you catch later.

I always thought my biggest regret with Go would be rinsing through stardust and candies powering up low level Pokemon at the start. Turns out registering with a Pokemon Trainer Club account was the worst decision I ever made.

Have fun playing, Google trainers.

I don't think PTC/Google has any effect on anything here...

jem0208

Finally managed to actually log on and start the game! Went out to catch some Pokémon and suddenly remembered there's no 3G where I live. So no Pokémon for me :(

Lexxism

Toronto. I never had any issues. It runs pretty much okay with just being stuck and had to close the app.

Do you have more than one incubator? A couple days ago I couldn't put an egg into my second incubator until I restarted the app. But you can click on the incubator icon at the bottom right of you egg list and choose which incubator to use (make sure not to pick an occupied one) and then choose the egg.
Ah, so there's my mistake. Thanks.

I chose team mystic due to my preference for the color blue. Why is it that everyone says team mystic is the obvious choice/too easy/lame etc.?

jwhit28

The lake near me is like a Meowth haven or something

I haven't really found a reliable cache of the same Pokemon. It's mainly been Rattata, Pidgey, Eevee, the leaf stone families, and my downtown seems to have a lot of Doduo sometimes but not others. I tried farming Slowpoke at a dam where I caught my first one but I can't get more to spawn during the times of day I've been there.

I chose team mystic due to my preference for the color blue. Why is it that everyone says team mystic is the obvious choice/too easy/lame etc.?

Because Team Mystic are filthy degenerates.
It's just mindless shitposting, the teams don't matter but it's fun to root for your team and trash talk the other teams. Just as long as you're not rude to others it's totally cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom