• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

CassSept

Christ the variety of Pokemon is pretty insane, two hours walk and I'm already at 30 Johto mons. Things will slow down now but that's still quite something I'd say.

I'm especially happy about Octillery I came across, should save some time.

Dishwalla

Banned
Sudowoodo hatches from 10 k eggs and Slugma hatches from 2 k eggs, those were my only Johto hatches for the day. Caught a pretty good Houndoom in the park, probably my best catch today.

nubcake

Neo Member
Yup, there have been thousands of sightings, yet not a single verified one reported north of the "Tropic of Tauros". There are millions of players. If it was available outside of the exclusive area, we'd know. This isn't just one person saying "oh I haven't seen it so it can't spawn here".

But yeah, I guess it's more accurate to say it's exclusive to Mexico, South and Central America, South Florida, and the Caribbean. :p Pretty big range.

I live in the Tampa area and just caught one, so I can confirm that we have them.

Qwark

I live in the Tampa area and just caught one, so I can confirm that we have them.

Wasn't there a thing where Taurus wasn't spawning in parts of Florida because they drew the region lines semi-inaccurately? Tampa's not on the Southern tip though, right? So that gives me some hope for the rest of NA.

The image I linked shows the cutoff. It's north of Orlando, so Tampa is in the Heracross zone.

Oops, guess I should've actually clicked on the link before replying.

Luxorek

Already at 43/70 required for Johto medal. I imagine 50 is doable in a day or two. The bottleneck is gonna be evolutions requiring special items, I must have spinned around 50+ pokestops today and nothing. Can't yet evolve Scyther, Seadra, Slowpoke, Gloom, Onix, Porygon, Poliwhirl even though I have the candy.

Really? That makes me more curious about the 10 I got today.
Pichu and Togepi moved to 2km.

Smoochum, Elekid and Magby moved to 5km.

Tyrogue is 5km (removing Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan from 10km).

Tentative list of newbies:

2km: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Misdreavus, Aipom, Slugma, Remoraid.

10km: Sudowoodo, Mantine, Skarmory, Gligar, Miltank, Mareep, Pineco, Larvitar.

5km: Everything else

Sudowoodo will be the depressing new Onix.

Wasn't there a thing where Taurus wasn't spawning in parts of Florida because they drew the region lines semi-inaccurately? Tampa's not on the Southern tip though, right? So that gives me some hope for the rest of NA.
The image I linked shows the cutoff. It's north of Orlando, so Tampa is in the Heracross zone.

GulAtiCa

Some of you are fast! I'm only at 21/70 for Johto medal. But, been stuck working all day, so haven't gone out much to catch new pokemon.

2km: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Misdreavus, Aipom, Slugma, Remoraid.

At least Onix evolves and is rare in some parts of the world, in fact I don't think I have enough Onix candy to get Steelix yet. Sudowoodo doesn't even have an evolution to save it!

My catch of the day is definitely Forrestress seeing as Pineco is in 10ks and I haven't seen one all day. 35/70 here.

Luxorek

I think Mantine might be the new Pinsir [back when it hatched from 10km]. My university is located next to the sea and I caught three of them already with no issues. It's gonna be depressing when they start popping from 10 km eggs, when I still need Aerodactyl. Oh, well...

PSFan

Forgot about Tyrogue. I just checked and saw my Hitmonlee candies are now Tyrogue candies. I'm guessing if you name Tyrogue Jackie, he becomes Hitmonchan and if you name him Bruce, you'll get Hitmonlee.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Which Eevee should I evolve to get my guaranteed Espeon?

IV 98, CP 551. Will take 85000 stardust to max out

IV 100, CP 189. Will take 125200 stardust to max out

I can afford the stardust I guess, but it'll take away up to 20% of my stash

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Caught a Sudowoodo and seen more on the radar here in LA, bummer that's 10k.

Just went out into the storm to catch a Militank

Luxorek

Which Eevee should I evolve to get my guaranteed Espeon?

IV 98, CP 551. Will take 85000 stardust to max out
IV 100, CP 189. Will take 125200 stardust to max out

The difference in CP between a 98 IV and a 100 IV Espeon is gonna be negligible. I have a 93% Espeon that has maximum CP [at level 40] of 2972, which would be 3000 for a 100% one. If 7% is 28 cp difference, then 2% will be mere 8.

On the other hand if you sit in 10 gyms regurarly it will only take you 8 days to get back your 45k dust if you go with 100% one.

Double D

Hey guys. So my wife went to Boston for the weekend and was using my sons account. He then wanted to play so I had her stop playing and had him login on my phone (Florida). From what I can tell he is softbanned ( everything runs, nothing from stops). Is there something I can do to unban him or do I just have to wait it out? If we just have to wait do you know how long it takes? Thanks.

Edit - he was just able to spin a stop and get stuff so I think we're in the clear.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
2 hours of doing a pokestop loop, probably close to 100 stops. No evolution items. Oofta.

yeah, I have one I can hit from my desk and we had it lured all day. I hit it every time I could and never got one, plus many others from moving around. Evolution items are rare as hell

Replicant

If we're counting the kid pokemon, I'm halfway of Gen 2.

mcTe4Iw.png

In Style:

AG8hRQX.png

Growlie19

Got a few new catches today: Noctowl, Ariados, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Remoraid, Octillery, Swinub, Mantine, and Chikorita. I also got Smoochum from a leftover event 10K. I'm up to 171 caught, 175 seen.

From what I've seen online I feel like Unown is the only super rare pokemon this time around (think Snorlax/Lapras/Chansey). Sadistic of them considering there's 26 or 28 of them to collect (watch certain letters be region exclusive to boot).

A little disappointing because I feel I'll finish this lot very quickly.

But also good because I still have not so much as seen a Snorlax.

At the very least it shouldn't take another 7 months for gen 3 to come out now that the launch issues are resolved.

I'm sure this is the billionth time it's been asked but the OP eeveelution image isn't updated. What do I need to name eevee to get espeon and umbreon respectively?

Top Bottom