• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Shadow Broker

Banned
Aug 26, 2013
Middle of no where
woke up to a notification that there's a high level 100% machop 10min from me.
screw it, i'm not that hardcore
You guys need to share these awesome programs with us noobs/plebz.

I second this statement. I play Pokémon Go enough to buy the Pokémon Go Plus to help level and would love a program to help me get some battle ready Pokémon I can raise.

t26

Dec 28, 2011
You guys need to share these awesome programs with us noobs/plebz.
I second this statement. I play Pokémon Go enough to buy the Pokémon Go Plus to help level and would love a program to help me get some battle ready Pokémon I can raise.
It is local twitter or discord group that post location, level, and IV of local pokemon. Some charge money though.

Firemind

Jan 3, 2012
Amsterdam had a special tracker today where a bot would post 100% spawns in the city. Managed to catch a perfect Blastoise. Unfortunately, I narrowly missed a perfect Chansey and perfect Machop. Still had fun today. Good workout too. There were massive amounts of people all over the parks. Heard Belgium, German, French. There were so many people that 4G was getting spotty. So many network errors.

hesho

Dec 29, 2014
Ontario, Canada
wow.... i always figured i was the only person in my city to have a shiney pichu but wasn't sure..

i am pretty sure i am the only one in my city to have 2 different shiney pichus (male and female too).

I can't imagine this is even very common at all elsewhere...

robochimp

Jun 7, 2004
Gen 3 Pokémon sounds, gen 3 badge and a new loading screen wallpaper featuring ghostly gen 3 Pokémon were all just datamined.

CassSept

Jun 7, 2007
Well I just hope we'll have to wait less time than 2.5 months, like the gap between babies and rest of Gen III.

Joni

Aug 11, 2007
My House
Good to know ghosts are coming, I need to start saving pinap again instead of using them for the gym berry medal. Luckily already built up ultra ball supplies.

Feb 21, 2007
Texas
Seems to be an error, pertaining to a lot of weird stuff going on behind the scenes.

For what it's worth, for most people it only lasted briefly. I've yet to encounter it.
Not only am I only getting 2 items per spin, I'm also only getting 4 items on my daily spin. I have downloaded the most recent update too. fml

HardRojo

Oct 19, 2011
Lima, Peru
There are a couple of errors I hate a lot during raids: Sometimes it takes like 7 seconds for my next Pokémon to come out after one faints, and sometimes even though I dodge the charged attack (the message and reduced damage appear), it ends up registering the full hit the next second...

robochimp

Jun 7, 2004
So is there a chance Gen 3 makes an appearance for Halloween with Ghost and Dark types first?
Yeah that is the impression.

But it could be a full gen 3 release, they've been pushing out a lot of updates lately, 2 just this weekend. They seem to be in crunch mode.

SiegfriedFM

Jun 10, 2004
Well, I guess it won't be hard to fill the ghost collection at least. Just no more freaking Zubats and Murkrows, please.

Bedameister

Aug 21, 2013
Germany
Very excited about Halloween. Hope the event will be good. I will take the whole week off so I'll have plenty of time (have to play Mario Odyssey though).
A full Gen 3 roll-out would be amazing though but I keep my expectations very low.

GulAtiCa

Jan 19, 2013
www.zenfaproductions.com
I now have 7 10k eggs on me. Kinda hoping by end of next week I'll have 9 10k eggs. I'll place all eggs in an incubator that Friday before my wedding, but I obviously don't expect it hatch till closer to mid-week after. Hell, I don't honestly expect it to even get to 1km till Sunday (were driving to Florida, so might get some there).

I'm really excited for Gen 3 Ghost/Dark Pokemon. It will obviously take a back seat to the wedding & 1st half of the honeymoon, so kinda hoping the event starts on like the 26th or so, just so I can catch a few.

Ricky Ricardo

Apr 20, 2014
ATL, GA (USA)
4/7 with Entei. Can't complain, have 3 good ones, just want a 1900+. Both of the 1900 Entei I've seen have run sadly.

Hype for Gen3 ghost types tho

Ready to rack up on Gastly candies for a 2nd year running xD

LucidMomentum

Apr 14, 2015
Bakersfield, CA.
www.youtube.com
NO MORE PIKACHU HATS GODDAMIT

Also it's been nice relaxing from legendary hunting for a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to November's mad dash to get Suicune.

Also, I was in Houston for a week for work and ran into 3 Corsola while down there. I literally left my lunch early to catch the first one, I wanted it that much lol.

MrChocolate

May 9, 2012
I just got my 3rd Unown (A, J and U I think) and 2 of those thanks to trackers. I feel like there isn't even an afterthought for this kind of pokemon. Unown should appear just in a special place (a few monuments in each country, maybe) but whatever... I feel like I'm asking too much to Niantic.

Replicant

Mar 20, 2007
Are Unowns specific to a particular country? Because I never seen them in mine. #RegionalPokemonSucks #EXRaidSucks

HardRojo

Oct 19, 2011
Lima, Peru
So many people using alt. account and their friends' accounts to fill gyms quickly when they take one down... Makes it really annoying to try and take over a gym before the raid starts.

T.O.P

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Italy
So many people using alt. account and their friends' accounts to fill gyms quickly when they take one down... Makes it really annoying to try and take over a gym before the raid starts.
Yeah account sharing is becoming a huge shitty trend

robochimp

Jun 7, 2004
Oooh I just got my legendary raid medal, and a Hoenn medal spot just showed up.

Legendary raids aren't counting towards the regular raid badge yet.