• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

CassSept

I still don't accept it yet. There's a handful of Gen I Pokemon I have never seen in the wild around my area yet hatched several.

And I've never hatched or seen a Hitmonchan yet despite playing since day 1 and I know it's not exclusive to anywhere.

Anecdotal evidence v thousands of people reporting seeing Heracrosses in South America and not anywhere else

Yup, there have been thousands of sightings, yet not a single verified one reported north of the "Tropic of Tauros". There are millions of players. If it was available outside of the exclusive area, we'd know. This isn't just one person saying "oh I haven't seen it so it can't spawn here".

But yeah, I guess it's more accurate to say it's exclusive to Mexico, South and Central America, South Florida, and the Caribbean. :p Pretty big range.

PSFan

Yup, there have been thousands of sightings, yet not a single verified one reported north of the "Tropic of Tauros". There are millions of players. If it was available outside of the exclusive area, we'd know. This isn't just one person saying "oh I haven't seen it so it can't spawn here".

But yeah, I guess it's more accurate to say it's exclusive to Mexico, South and Central America, South Florida, and the Caribbean. :p Pretty big range.

Ugh, fuck Niantic for having region exclusives. Why even do that? Were they paid by the airlines or something? It makes no sense at all.

HardRojo

Can confirm I've seen Heracross here in Peru (South America), well at least we finally get an exclusive and it's a nice one to boot.

Ugh, fuck Niantic for having region exclusives. Why even do that? Were they paid by the airlines or something? It makes no sense at all.
I was hoping with gen 2 the original exclusives would move around or just be available everywhere, but nope, just added a new one for a new region. Which makes it seem like a shuffle or anything will also be unlikely going forwards.

Guess we should figure out what from Gen 3 will be Africa only. Seviper?

Fuck that noise. One of the unique things about the game is the travel aspect. I'm glad they're sticking to their guns with this.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
seeing a lot of houndour and houndoom where i used to see a bunch of grwoliths and arcanines

Fuck that noise. One of the unique things about the game is the travel aspect. I'm glad they're sticking to their guns with this.

region exclusives would of worked if pokemon spawned in locations they would inhabit instead of randomly
makes no sense why you can capture every pokemon except 3 in each region

PSFan

Yeah traveling around your neighborhood by walking. Not traveling around the world in order to obtain all the Pokemon. It's really stupid on Niantic's part to have it this way.

Obviously it's supposed to emulate the idea of pokemon/animals only inhabiting one area in the world and not being everywhere. None of the spawns in the game consistently "make sense", so I don't know where you're trying to go with that exactly.

99.999% of players will never leave their continent. Come on. There's not a reasonable expectation for me to travel and to fucking Australia.

And that's completely apt for a game infused with real life and going to real life places.

It would also be more "apt" to have only 1/4 of the species list available on any continent, so why stop at 1 exclusive each?

Because that would be completely stupid. The purpose of Pokémon is to collect them all. For the overwhelming majority of players that's literally impossible.

Because there's such a thing as extremes.

You could also have every pokemon ever spawn in your backyard, but they don't "because that would be completely stupid." The purpose of Pokemon is to get out there and catch them all. They aren't all supposed to be handed to you on a silver platter.

PSFan

Because there's such a thing as extremes.

You could also have every pokemon ever spawn in your backyard, but they don't "because that would be completely stupid." The purpose of Pokemon is to get out there and catch them all. They aren't all supposed to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Yeah okay. All the non-exclusives are served up on a silver platter. "Get out there" means get out of your house and walk around, not spend thousands of dollars on plane tickets to travel around the world. You make zero sense.

Yeah okay. All the non-exclusives are served up on a silver platter. "Get out there" means get out of your house and walk around, not spend thousands of dollars on plane tickets to travel around the world. You make zero sense.

So "get out there" can't entail going to another country. You're the one blatantly not making sense. Just because you don't want it to be doesn't make it so.

PSFan

So "get out there" can't entail going to another country. You're the one blatantly not making sense. Just because you don't want it to be doesn't make it so.

All the marketing for the game entails players walking around their neighborhoods and cities. Not going to another continent. Just because you have a warped sense of what the game is doesn't make it so either. Stop the white knighting.

All the marketing for the game entails players walking around their neighborhoods and cities. Not going to another continent. Just because you have a warped sense of what the game is doesn't make it so either. Stop the white knighting.

How do I have a warped sense of what the game is and you don't when you're the one trying to deny that going to different countries to collect them all is a reality of PoGO? I'm accepting the reality, and I just so happen to like it. Because you don't like it, you're denying it.

Podge293

Any info on if and how you can get the two new eveelutions without the nicknames?

From what I've read. It's either a bug and you can't.

Or you have to put the eevee as your walking partner and evolve one at night and one at day.

Whether that's true or not I dunno I just did the nicknames

Pachimari

The exclusives shouldn't be exclusive to a fucking region, give me a damn break.

Niantic should at least make an event where all exclusives are available worldwide for a weekend.

HardRojo

BTW when are they planning to release the legendaries? I thought Mew, Mewtwo and the birds would be available before Gen 2 dropped. Guess not

jotun?

BTW when are they planning to release the legendaries? I thought Mew, Mewtwo and the birds would be available before Gen 2 dropped. Guess not

Maybe they're already out there, but also region-specific! Has anyone checked the ISS, Antarctica, or the earth's core?

Dynasty

Hatched a fucking Chansey :) IV isnt that great though but atleast I got it in my pokedex.
highlight of the day was that Chansey and I also got a Chikorita, also saw a Todadile on the radar but it was a bit out of the way. No evolution items, really want to evolve my Seadra and Onix.

Awayze

Neo Member
You shouldn't have to travel to another continent to catch one Pokemon, maybe travel around your county but not the country or even another country.

I'd have preferred a way to get Mew etc than Gen 2 Pokemon, they look far to stupid and childish.

Has anyone compiled a list of Gen 1 'Mons that have changed eggs? I hatched Krabby, Diglett and Tentacool from 2ks earlier and a Scyther from a 5k.

Joni

Has anyone compiled a list of Gen 1 'Mons that have changed eggs? I hatched Krabby, Diglett and Tentacool from 2ks earlier and a Scyther from a 5k.

Voila

PokeGO-Eggs.png

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/iv-hatching-chart

Went out walking for a couple of hours, in north London.
Now up to 171/177 in the dex.

Swinubs, Ledybas and Sentrets are everywhere. Bored of them already.
I'm a bit worried about the mass evolve game if pidgeys are rarer and these guys

Fuck Murkrow, I hate that guy, really hard to catch and has no evolution so seems pointless bothering with them?

Saw a Skarmory at a lure but it ran after a few razzberry/ultra ball combos... hope they don't turn out to be rare?

So far I have:

Cyndaquil
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Crobat
Chinchou
Natu
Marill
Azumarill
Hoppip
Aipom
Wooper
Murkrow
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Teddiursa
Swinub
Piloswine
Remoraid

So not a bad first day I guess. Didn't get a single evolution item from any stops though so worried about how rare they are.

Joni

Murkrow is there for the dark badge like Swinub is for the ice batch. You might also want to save murkrow candy for another generation.

Top Bottom