• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Man I wish I had stardust to spare to power up a nice variety of Pokemon.

Would love to have high HP Donphan, Poliwrath, Muk, Cloyster, Kangaskhan etc etc but it's hard enough just to keep up with keeping my top mons maxed out :\

Oxx

Hatched a 91% Lapras from a 2k egg.

The event is still delivering from beyond the grave.

I probably have another 2-days-worth of eggs left to hatch.

ZeroCDR

I too filled up my stash before the event ended. Have 8 2KM and 1 5KM, I'll just be hatching one at a time now though.

Reached level 34 no problem and made some nice progress to 35, on top of all the new dex entries out of 2KM eggs this was my favorite event so far.

Oxx

I hatched 3x Chikorita through the event. Spread the love, Niantic.

Are the eggs back to being mainly 5kms now? Back to the old monster lists?

GulAtiCa

Still got my 4th and final 10k to hatch. Will be hatched sometime within the next few hours. Have about 175k xp to gain till lv 34. Prob will happen by end of April. I hope my last 10k egg is another Larvitar. I hatched one yesterday and gained about 25 candies. Not bad. A Mareep from earlier in event gave me 16... So could have been worse. That candy gave me about 500cp boost to my Tyranitar. Now at 2500ish cp.

For Gen 2 Pokemon. I hatched a lot. At least 6 Chicoritas, 2 Chinaquils & 2 Totodile. Hell, I have 1 more 5k from event on me.

Really glad that they added dates to eggs now. Will be useful in figuring out which eggs to hatch 1st so I can get rid of the event eggs.

gutshot

I walked a lot yesterday, hatching a bunch of eggs and trying to get one last guaranteed good 10km. Alas, all I picked up were 2 kms. And I wasn't going to be able to get more walking in until 8 PM, four hours after the event would have ended. So that was it for me.

But then the event didn't end, it kept going! So I set out for my regular nightly walk-with-the-dog/Pokemon hunt and headed for the nearest Pokestop. One of my eggs hatched on the way so I had one open spot to get another egg, my last chance at a 10 km. And then, literally about 100 feet from the Pokestop, the event ends. Nooooo!

Oxx

So many Togepi hatches too. And Squirtle.

I'm going to completely empty my egg sack, before re-filling it under the usual egg situation. Time for 9x 5km eggs again.

What the hell, so jealous of anyone getting several 5k eggs during the event, let alone 10ks.

I really could've done with some Chikorita, Larvitar, or even Togepi candy but I didn't get a single one.

Oxx

I did pretty well out of the event:

From 5k eggs: Chikorita, Chikorita, Chikorita, Totodile
From 10k eggs: Chansey, Mareep, Porygon

(There might have been another 10k that I am forgetting).

PaRappa

Just hit level 33!

Yay you'd think. Until you realise it's one million XP to the next level and my most powerful mons could only get powered up twice by 22CP a pop with my new trainer cap.

Well that's a shame.

Yeah I think I'm done now.

GulAtiCa

Lucky day for me it seems. 2 Dratinis for the price of 1! Nice addition of 12 candies there.
C98y_wYXgAEN9su.jpg:large

Also hatched yet another Larivtar, this time with 30 candies! Got my Tryanitar into the 2900s now. Need to hatch 1 more to fully level it up (well, prob 2 more since candies will become more heavy)

THERE'S A FUCKING UNOWN 3 MILES AWAY AND WE HAVE A MANDATORY MEETING IN 20 MINS.

*internally screaming*

Why do I do this to myself. I gotta stop checking my group chat at work.

Qwark

I have yet to even see a Mareep, while I'm half way to a Tyranitar already. Pretty sure Mareep is going to be my Dratini of this gen.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, Mareeps seem pretty rare for me. I've hatched like 6 Larivtars already and just 2 Mareeps. Actually, funny enough, I've now hatched more Larvitars then Dratinis. lol

There was a Mareep in my neighborhood last week, that was great. I think it's unlikely I'll ever really see a Larivtar in the wild in my area.

According to scanners, Dratini is a lot more common. Mareep is Grimer level.
I've seen a few Mareep and even a Flaafy, so that's already about 100 times more common than Grimer or Dratini as far as I'm concerned.

Is Mareep slightly more common in desert biomes by any chance?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I've seen a few Mareep and even a Flaafy, so that's already about 100 times more common that Grimer or Dratini as far as I'm concerned.

Is Mareep slightly more common in desert biomes by any chance?

Mareep is easier to find in LA than Dratini ever was (not counting by the ocean itself) so it must be.

I see them once a week or so near my house. They are rare but not "nevers" like Grimer is here. I saw one yesterday near my house on nearby, but there was a Larvitar the other way and that got me my Tyranitar, I went back for the Mareep but didn't make it in time.

We even get Flaffy and Ampharos here (those are more super rare though).

Mareep is definitely a rarer hatch than Larvitar

Never hatched a Mareep. Caught one wild which I've now walked for 430km - think I'll need to take it all the way to 125 candy to get Amphoros.

By contrast, I've hatched... 19 Dratini now (another today) since gen 2 started (I'd never hatched a single one prior). I'm drowning in Dratini candy. I had to walk 500km for my first Dragonite and now I have enough candy to make 3 with change to spare.

Never hatched a Mareep. Caught one wild which I've now walked for 430km - think I'll need to take it all the way to 125 candy to get Amphoros.

By contrast, I've hatched... 19 Dratini now (another today) since gen 2 started (I'd never hatched a single one prior). I'm drowning in Dratini candy. I had to walk 500km for my first Dragonite and now I have enough candy to make 3 with change to spare.

Dratini is as common a hatch as say, Paras since gen 2.

Lemme find the chart.

ELfrL1J.png

Assuming nothing has changed since the event. Just add gen 2 starters.

robochimp

well sure, but I'm pretty confident the actual percentages make Larvitar an uncommon 10k hatch whereas Mareep is in the rare bucket, and should appear about half as often as Larvitar does

Damn, I should have a Tyranitar by now then! Hopefully my Mareep luck holds up for an Ampheros.

I've yet to get a Snorlax.

Teppic

I went from 29 to 31 in the event. That's as far as I'm willing to go. No more leveling up. The rewards isn't worth it for me. I will get daily streaks and eggs, but apart from that I'm not gathering XP.

The event started out really bad with only gen 1 pokemon from 2km eggs I didn't need. The last few days were good though. Managed to get a Wobbuffet, Togepi, Machop and Grimer from 2km eggs. Also found a Snubbull in the wild. Have 6 2km eggs left to hatch, and also a 5km and a 10km egg I got in the last day.

Think I'm gonna be playing pretty casually until the next event.
Pokedex is nearly complete (need 17 Cyndaquil candy, 25 Mareep candy, and Unown), so not much thrill of the hunt walking around anymore.
Gonna use my whopping 20 daily coins to save for bag and pokemon storage upgrades rather than incubators, so will only have my one infinite going at any time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Think I'm gonna be playing pretty casually until the next event.
Pokedex is nearly complete (need 17 Cyndaquil candy, 25 Mareep candy, and Unown), so not much thrill of the hunt walking around anymore.
Gonna use my whopping 20 daily coins to save for bag and pokemon storage upgrades rather than incubators, so will only have my one infinite going at any time.

that's basically where I am, though I need two metal coats so I guess I'll keep spinning.

Gonna have to shark Copenhagen next week for a Mr Mime too

I've mainly stuck to catching and collecting, but as I'm nearing almost Gen 1 and Gen 2 completion I'm running dangerously low on Pokemon storage. I'm assuming the most efficient way to increase it is to get coins from gyms? How exactly do I get a place in a gym if absolutely everything around here is full/dominated by another team?

Firemind

I've mainly stuck to catching and collecting, but as I'm nearing almost Gen 1 and Gen 2 completion I'm running dangerously low on Pokemon storage. I'm assuming the most efficient way to increase it is to get coins from gyms? How exactly do I get a place in a gym if absolutely everything around here is full/dominated by another team?
Take down a lvl. 10 gym and hope that will put the scavengers back into play. If not and it goes back to lvl. 7 within a day, pick your fight somewhere else. There are apps where it scans the gyms in your local area if you don't want to bother going around town. For the lazy among us, it's easier to just find areas that have a strong presence of your team.

Luxorek

Did some math and during the event I got 2 509 534 experience points. Went from level 34 to 36. And I can't say I grinded too much, it's mostly evolutions and couple of hours combined of catching/spinning with a lucky egg on.

Of course on Reddit you can find people who managed to get over 10 million, so yeah... I guess it's time to start saving my candies for next such event... in a half a year.

So I played for 5h today. Man I feel exhausted now. Did a lot of batteling which was a lot of fun. Got sniped once while training from lvl 8 to 9 which made me pissed!
Catches were rather weak. Got not one but two hounduster though which finally got me the medal for 70 gen 2 Pokemon.
Got 20k stardust as well which I used to start boosting up my Muk.
Fun day. Can't wait to play again with nice weather and some friends.

I love this game

Oxx

I'm ok with 'sniping' around here.

Most of the time there aren't enough active Valor players to get a gym above level 4. They should be honoured that I walked past and slid my big Blissey inside their level 6 gym.

Firemind

Checking gymhuntr and man that's a depressing stat. There are nearly double the amount of Mystic gyms than Instinct gyms around the world.

Checking gymhuntr and man that's a depressing stat. There are nearly double the amount of Mystic gyms than Instinct gyms around the world.

Mystic has always SUCKED in my town. It's a rare day when I go to a local gym and it's already Mystic. A very rare day. Why my team gotta lag where I live :/

I've never hatched a Larvitar or a Mareep and I've hatched close to 20 10km eggs since Gen II came out :(

Went for a 5km walk today, got the one candy I needed for Meganium after hatching a ton of Chikorita during the Easter Event. Also hatched a much need Machop from a 2km and also hatched a Porygon from an event 10km. Pretty disappointed in that as I already have Porygon2 but I guess I'll need another one for Porygon-Z. Also caught two Doduo which means I'm now only 7 candy away from a Dodrio, and after that I'll only have 3 Gen I left to get.

Marvie_3

Banned
I rarely see Instinct gyms. I dont even bother fighting gyms anymore because theyre just gonna get taken back over in no time.

Qwark

I'm team mystic, but I wish instinct and valor were more prevalent in my area. Almost every gym is level 10 consistently. That's good if you're in the gym, but if you're not, you can't really get into them until the other teams put up a fight.

Luxorek

I finally got a second King's Rock from my 7th day spin. That's a wrap for gen 2 with the exception of Unown [and regionals]. Not to worried about it though, as I'm preeety sure there is gonna be an Unown event in the future.

Top Bottom