• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Niantic sure trying so hard to get me to delete the app from my phone for good with the bs its pulling. 2nd legendary dog that just won't be caught doing everything right throw and berry wise. Even accounting for curve ball bug does nothing for the catch rate.
Not interested spending more days doing all the right things and whatch random peopel barely playing catching this thing on the first ball with a crooked throw.
And ofc doing that on purpose yourself doesnt do jack shit either.
It's still just mostly RNG. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. No need to get upset about it.

But I hope Niantic will take a break with new legendaries for some time now. I've also had enough now.

-MB-

It's still just mostly RNG. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. No need to get upset about it.

But I hope Niantic will take a break with new legendaries for some time now. I've also had enough now.

I would not call to legendaries in a row sometimes, more like structural.

All those things do bump up the catch rate and just throwing straight up does do shit, it lowers your chance of catching it.

Are you really watching random people's catch attempts?

You may just want to put the game down until gen 3.

If it increased chances I would not be getting insta jump out at excellents and 2 wiggles at great or worse throws.
And to me, that last ball bug still seems to be around, because I have never had a ball even wiggle once at the last ball regardless of what I throw. Always jumps out straight away.

Do you guys think I could do a Gengar raid solo with 6 tyranitars over 3000cp? All either have bite/stoneedge or bite/crunch.

I don't know if you can do it or not but yesterday I did a Gengar raid solo and I got him down to about 55 to 60% health and I'm only at level 26 with one Pokémon slightly above 2500cp which is my Gyarados, a maxed out Vaporeon sub 2500co, a maxed Jolteon under 2500cp, and some other Pokémon including another Jolteon just above 1500cp. Believe it or not my Jolteon' put in the work against Gengar but I ultimately lost. It may be possible for you to best it with your lineup.

I really want to try Gengar and Alakazam solo. Just didn't find the right moment yet.
I can do Machamp and Arcanine I was so damn close recently. I think I could do Arcanine if I would try some more.
The Evee evolutions are harder than the rest, right?

robochimp

I really want to try Gengar and Alakazam solo. Just didn't find the right moment yet.
I can do Machamp and Arcanine I was so damn close recently. I think I could do Arcanine if I would try some more.
The Evee evolutions are harder than the rest, right?

Jolteon can't be soloed, Flareon has been done but good luck.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yeah the ex raid is annoying especially if you have to do raids and hope the gym you raided gets picked. I'm sure there is a better way for Niantic to make money

gutshot

Looks like the Halloween event will have something to do with costumed Pokemon.

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.77.1 for Android and 1.47.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

A confirmation dialogue now appears when attempting to transfer costumed Pokémon.
Costumed Pokémon can no longer be mass-transferred.
Resolved a bug causing occasional network errors while battling in Gyms.
Resolved a bug causing Raid Battle lobbies to display the incorrect number of Trainers preparing for battle.
Resolved a bug causing the Pokémon selected in the Raid Battle lobby to be reset after clicking the items button.
Resolved a bug where some Curveballs weren’t registering properly.
Various bug fixes and performance updates.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-100717

HardRojo

Looks like the Halloween event will have something to do with costumed Pokemon.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-100717
Wow, that's an interesting update to be honest, several fixes and that one about curveball intrigues me. Also, has anyone else been having these problems as of late? Sometimes during raids it takes like 6-10 seconds for my next Pokémon to come out after the previous one fainted, and sometimes when Entei uses Heat Wave (or another of its charged attacks), I dodge it and the message appears, but then all of a sudden I get hit by it despite having gotten the reduce damage from the dodge already, it's really annoying.

Man, they still didn't fix the issue of the Raid timer going down before I can even battle?
This isn't the biggest deal, since I usually have large groups for Legendaries, but some solo Raids become extremely hard.
Yes, this sucks.
I wish there would be the chance to choose solo raid when doing one which would also give us the chance to skip the 120 second wait and just let you hit go once you've picked your team.
I hate that I have to wait that 120s everytime I solo raid

Joni

It is nice they finally solved those raid bugs. I hope it is out by the time I go hunting Suicune again.
Edit: Plans for today fell through so I went out for a single raid. We were 19 so Suicune didn't even beat my first Pokémon, made some mistakes in the catching, but got it on my last ball. I'm done.

Resolved a bug where some Curveballs weren’t registering properly.

QONVIyz.gif

HardRojo

I'm having such shitty luck with Entei's IVs. Out of the 16 I've seen, only one was above 1900: 1905 CP. I've resigned myself to never finding a better one, just to mitigate the suffering.

Went out to play actively for the first time in a long time. Did a Machamp raid and got a 93% one with the perfect move set. Gonna power up that one next. Refilled my balls a bit.
Feels strange to play in the dark though

Busaiku

Yes, this sucks.
I wish there would be the chance to choose solo raid when doing one which would also give us the chance to skip the 120 second wait and just let you hit go once you've picked your team.
I hate that I have to wait that 120s everytime I solo raid
That's actually not what I'm referring to.
I'm talking about after the raid actually starts.
I can hear the music, but can't do anything. Eventually when I can start battling though, I've lost like 30 - 60 seconds.

I can hear the music, but can't do anything. Eventually when I can start battling though, I've lost like 30 - 60 seconds.
Ew. My raids always start 7-8 seconds late. Any way to fix this?

Ew. My raids always start 7-8 seconds late. Any way to fix this?

Raid start time is determined by the server, even if you're playing solo, so it seems like the load times on your respective phones are significantly lengthier than the gap between the countdown ending and the raid beginning. If you have Android phones you might be able to do some tinkering/close some apps to run a little better, but odds are your solution is literally to get a new phone.

I'm came in here complaining somewhat about eggs and what's coming out of them before.

I live in the country. I almost never get a 10K egg so when I do get one I'm hyped.

Listen, 10K eggs and what comes out of them are my legendaries. Legendary Pokémon as of right now are a pipe dream for me. So when I get a 10K egg (again which is rare for me) and a common as hell Pokémon like Sudowoodo hatched from it, it ruins my mood for the moment. Common Pokémon should not be in 10K eggs! I mean shit, I wasted a turn on one of my incubator for this. I thought Sudowoodo were lock behind 5K eggs which lead to my surprise. I also see 3 or 4 a day depending how active I am.

/rant

Replicant

I'm came in here complaining somewhat about eggs and what's coming out of them before.

I live in the country. I almost never get a 10K egg so when I do get one I'm hyped.

Listen, 10K eggs and what comes out of them are my legendaries. Legendary Pokémon as of right now are a pipe dream for me. So when I get a 10K egg (again which is rare for me) and a common as hell Pokémon like Sudowoodo hatched from it, it ruins my mood for the moment. Common Pokémon should not be in 10K eggs! I mean shit, I wasted a turn on one of my incubator for this. I thought Sudowoodo were lock behind 5K eggs which lead to my surprise. I also see 3 or 4 a day depending how active I am.

/rant

I agree. Sudowoodoo is the only taint in the otherwise Eggscellent choices in 10k pool.

robox

a 5k egg finally proves worthwhile as i hatched a 100% scyther. too bad i'm outta candies to evolve it. my third 100% to go with my gengar and incredible magcargo.

even more amazing is my brother caught a lv 30 0% rhyhorn.

OnPoint

So now that my dex is mostly complete (slowly working toward Feraligator, no regionals besides Tauros and started playing after the birds went away and no Mewtwo chance yet), I've been mostly targeting 100% IV 'mons.

So far I have:

Ryhorn
Scyther
Snubull
Clefairy
Jynx (x2 lol)
Ursaring
Machamp
Entei
Magnemite
Doduo

A pretty good list so far... but not as many useful 'mons as I'd like.

Gotta keep grinding!

HardRojo

I'm starting to lose interest again, so I hope the Halloween event will be an interesting one. It doesn't help that I already reached level 35, which was one of my main goals for this game.

Busaiku

Raid start time is determined by the server, even if you're playing solo, so it seems like the load times on your respective phones are significantly lengthier than the gap between the countdown ending and the raid beginning. If you have Android phones you might be able to do some tinkering/close some apps to run a little better, but odds are your solution is literally to get a new phone.

If I get problems on a Note 8, I don't know what phone will fix it.

I need to hatch Smoochum before Gen 3 comes. I also need another Pineco, so that I can evolve one of them into Forretress while maintaining a full living Dex.

I've only been hatching 2k eggs due to my lack of Coins, but almost all them have been Slowpoke. I'm so sick of getting them! And these eggs were obtained after the event, too. The game's RNG is just being so cruel.

Replicant

Just got 93% Pikachu with Thunder Shock/Wild Charge from the wild. That was a shock. I rarely get anything that good from the wild these days.

HardRojo

Just got 93% Pikachu with Thunder Shock/Wild Charge from the wild. That was a shock. I rarely get anything that good from the wild these days.

I got a 100% Primeape earlier today, only because someone else pointed it out while we were on our way to another raid, otherwise I'd have missed it completely lol.

Anyway, still having bad luck with Entei's IVs lol, at this point I don't really care, only 1 out of the now 19 I've seen was above 1900 CP, so I'm using either pinap or regular razz berry for them, until I find a really good one, which helps save golden berries as I got like 150 of them now.

I got a 100% Primeape earlier today, only because someone else pointed it out while we were on our way to another raid, otherwise I'd have missed it completely lol.

Anyway, still having bad luck with Entei's IVs lol, at this point I don't really care, only 1 out of the now 19 I've seen was above 1900 CP, so I'm using either pinap or regular razz berry for them, until I find a really good one, which helps save golden berries as I got like 150 of them now.

It's pretty amusing to see you without a Mewtwo considering how often you raid and obsess about IVs. Wonder how you'll react when your Mewtwo is under 90%. Even if you got a Mewtwo at 2186 CP (the worst possible outcome), you would only be 160 CP away from the max value.

I got 86% on my Mewtwo, and that is pretty damn lucky as far as I'm concerned. I am 100% satisfied with this one, and I wouldn't even have minded if it was in the mid 70% IV range.

I am 5/7 for Entei this month, and I'm more than satisfied to have my highest one at 1887 CP. But my 1877 CP Entei is actually better because it has optimal moves out of the box. The only draw of Entei Raids for me is extra items at this point. I'm just waiting for Suicune.

HardRojo

It's pretty amusing to see you without a Mewtwo considering how often you raid and obsess about IVs. Wonder how you'll react when your Mewtwo is under 90%. Even if you got a Mewtwo at 2186 CP (the worst possible outcome), you would only be 160 CP away from the max value.

I got 86% on my Mewtwo, and that is pretty damn lucky as far as I'm concerned. I am 100% satisfied with this one, and I wouldn't even have minded if it was in the mid 70% IV range.

I am 5/7 for Entei this month, and I'm more than satisfied to have my highest one at 1887 CP. But my 1877 CP Entei is actually better because it has optimal moves out of the box. The only draw of Entei Raids for me is extra items at this point. I'm just waiting for Suicune.

I'm not even raiding that much, just doing the daily passes along with some premium ones I get from gathering 50 coins every day. I don't obsess about IVs that much anymore to be honest, it was worst back when I first started raiding, now I don't really care as much, if I did care as much as I did back when Moltres and Zapdos were still out, I'd probably have sworn to leave the game by now due to my bad luck with Entei lol.
And whenever Mewtwo drops I won't care too much about his IVs, I just want to have him registered.

I'm not even raiding that much, just doing the daily passes along with some premium ones I get from gathering 50 coins every day. I don't obsess about IVs that much anymore to be honest, it was worst back when I first started raiding, now I don't really care as much, if I did care as much as I did back when Moltres and Zapdos were still out, I'd probably have sworn to leave the game by now due to my bad luck with Entei lol.
And whenever Mewtwo drops I won't care too much about his IVs, I just want to have him registered.

Makes sense if you're constantly in high traffic areas, I guess. Many people here spend lots of hours playing, so it's not something to really be ashamed of.

The game is slow for me at the moment. I can't do anything without Coins, and I've been having a lot of trouble getting them these past few weeks. Suicune raids will keep most people engaged for just a few days in November, so it really is time for Gen 3.

Niantic should be more open about the EX Raids, because there are vocal fans out there.

Top Bottom