• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
FOR FUCKS SAKE...........

Had four 2K eggs all at 2K. Lucky egg popped. First egg says "Oh?" and the screen locks up. I force close and restart. No Pokémon. No eggs. No experience.

Might be done with this fucking game today.

Firemind

Had four 2K eggs all at 2K. Lucky egg popped. First egg says "Oh?" and the screen locks up. I force close and restart. No Pokémon. No eggs. No experience.

it's probably in your box. sort by most recent.

nin1000

Banned

same thing happened to me, our pokemon is with the others and safe :) just go and look.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ok after a bit of investigation I think I got it. The game must have out them inmy collection while I was evolving/grinding everything. So I even evolved 3/4 of the eggs BEFORE i got the egg screen. Including unsuspectingly using the candy from the eggs. But yeah, sorting by most recent and comparing to my journal I have them.

Wish eggs would show up in your journal.

Sorry for the panic.

Got a tip of an awesome place to catch pokemon from a wAitress at lunch. As we drove close I see 3 pokestop all with lures. As we get closer pokemon start popping in droves. I grab the first one I don't have. Then the servers crash..... I waited 20 minutes. Nope.

Went home depressed

ive learned to avoid lures or large crowds of people.

its extremely rare for my game to crash when im the only one around.

Really starting to lose any interest in this game. It's more frustration than fun last 3 days. Can't log in 90% of the time and even when I do it either freezes or glitches in some profound way (can't touch or select anything, everything's invisible, catching stuff or hatching eggs disappear from inventory). I've lost so many items to the blackhole that is the servers. :(

Prologue

Im by central park in nyc and its pretty nuts here. So many people playing. A while back there was a dragonite rumor and there was a massive stampede to catch it. It was amazing lol

Got a Pikachu tonight though so that was the highlight!

Anyone playing for NYC, is it choppy for you too? I'm from the buffalo area so playing in NYC isn't my usual scene except for the last few days. Tends to lag.

I have a iPhone 5c. My gf has an iPhone 5. Is the lack of smoothness due to the servers or our phones? Its a lot smoother in buffalo, but obviously a lot is going on in NYC.

RevenWolf

My wife just sent me a screenshot, she found a mewtwo! She didn't catch it, I don't play this game much how rare is this sort of thing?

RevenWolf

So rare that she's bullshitting you

I don't know, I figured that was the case and confronted her, she swore she was telling the truth, and she's not one that would swear a lie to me.

Is it just impossible or something?

*edit

She also said she didn't get a chance to throw a pokeball and ran instantly.

RevenWolf

Mewtwo cannot be caught.

Well at least that checks out then! And as I said she didn't get a chance to throw.

* edit

If someone messages me how to upload screenshots I could upload what she sent, I googled the image and nothing is a match.

One is similar but higher quality and not as zoomed in.

Nightbird

I don't know, I figured that was the case and confronted her, she swore she was telling the truth, and she's not one that would swear a lie to me.

Is it just impossible or something?

*edit

She also said she didn't get a chance to throw a pokeball and ran instantly.

When did that happen? If she really encountered Mewtwo, which I don't believe, it would be noted in her in-game journal and her Pokedex

Top Bottom