• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Home Officially Launches In February

Mista

Banned
dims

Nintendo’s Pokemon Direct broadcasted earlier today, and it packed a real punch. A new remake of Mystery Dungeon, DLC content for Sword & Shield, and also a February launch window confirmed for the hotly-anticipated Pokemon Home functionality.

While we’d long suspected early 2020 was Home’s scheduled launch window, today is the first confirmation that’s officially the case. Unfortunately, there’s no specific date yet.

For the uninitiated, Pokemon Home is the Cloud service that is set to allow trainers to import Pokemon caught in previous versions of the game; specifically, the Let’s Go games, as well as 3DS and mobile Pokemon titles.

The app functions a little like Pokemon Bank, which functioned in a similar way but was designed specifically for 3DS games. It’s so far unclear as to whether Home will be a premium product as is Bank, which costs $4.99.

Pokemon Home will run on your mobile device, so you’ll always have it in the palm of your hands even if you’re out and about.

Home will work in tandem with Pokemon Sword & Shield’s recently unveiled expansions, Isle of Armor, and The Frozen Tundra.

buizel

Banned
That's sweet. I used all the services back in the day to transfer my RuSa Pokes to Moon, cute that you can still go from there to CURRENT gen Pokes.

Really wish they had gen2-3 transfer, wouldn't have been impossible, can just make something for the extra abilities and numbers and that. It's not like people would notice, as long as it looked and spelled the same. Non Gendered gen 1 could go to Gendered gen 2 so suddenly Chris-kun the Pikachu turns into Chris-chan in Gold

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Home will work in tandem with Pokemon Sword & Shield’s recently unveiled expansions, Isle of Armor, and The Frozen Tundra.
So I do need to get the expansions to use Home? Fucking Nintendo is Akashi confirmed.

zeorhymer

So it's a cloud save on which Pokemon you have caught. Then download them to whatever game you're going to play. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of any new games since you can just download the Pokemon from the Home app and stomp on everything from the get go?

JSoup

Banned
So it's a cloud save on which Pokemon you have caught. Then download them to whatever game you're going to play. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of any new games since you can just download the Pokemon from the Home app and stomp on everything from the get go?

In games released after the Bank, the place to download banked Pokemon wasn't available until you'd filled a certain percentage of the Pokedex, a point you're not going to reach until nearly the end of the game. I would assume Home will have the same restriction.

Codes 208

I generally used bank (same concept here) to reacquire my favorites that werent obtainable naturally in newer versions (for example, steelix isnt native to s/m, so i would catch an onix in Y, send him to my bank, transfer him to moon, do a quick trade to evolve him into steelix and done)

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Thanks for the clarification JSoup JSoup and Codes 208 Codes 208 . If you can use the Pokemons that aren't normally obtainable in newer versions, it means that they have to program all of the Pokemons and patch all the games to include the new ones so that they can be available and transferable. Sounds like it may get messy the more games and new Pokemons come out.

JSoup

Banned
Sounds like it may get messy the more games and new Pokemons come out.

It can be. When I actually still had all my Pokemon, it came about from assembling a complete Pokedex in Diamond, then in White and was half way through a full one in X before it was ended, with force. This involved:
-Using a GBA-link cable to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD to Pokemon FireRed/Ruby (at a max of five at a time).
-Then moving them from there into Diamond, 6 at a time.
-Going to Pal Park in Diamond and having to recatch the 6 I moved over from FireRed/Ruby before I can move 6 more.
-Then picking six more to transfer to White and playing another mini-game to recatch the Pokemon (which I can fail and will toss the uncaught Pokemon back to Diamond) again.
-Moving to X/Y involved making a one way lump transfer of everything in my White save to Bank, then moving them from Bank (again, 6 at a time) into X.

At 600+ Pokemon per Dex with a max of 6 transfers per, not including the one time Bank move, well.......there you are.

Top Bottom