• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's right. The level curve in gen 2 was pretty mindboggling and I'm surprised HGSS did nothing to fix it. It makes the games the worst when it comes to grinding, especially when wild Pokemon are really underlevelled by the endgame. It gets to the point where I typically reach Red with only lv.40's (and a BUNCH of items). A lot of gen 2 Pokemon are also really rare or only available in Kanto.
I love fighting level 50 Dragonite with level 30-somethings.

...Wait, no I don't.

Illucio

Banned
Man, imagine this being fake. Trademarking with a logo and registering a domain is on a whole 'nother level.

Trademarking names is not unusual, but to trademark a logo along with it? That is done with the intent to use.

If it does turn out that Nintendo isn't making Moon and Sun now doesn't mean it can't show up in the future.

But think of this by a company perspective. The 4 year long wait between Gen 3 and 4 HURT Pokemon badly because of that long wait. There was a lack of interest, sales for spinoffs dropped, and this was a time where Pokemon was slowly leaving the spotlight of pop culture while things like Yu-Gi-Oh took it's place for a while.

Having us wait for gen 7 would hurt them. That and the third game system being the "Complete" version of a game goes against their idea of everyone having the same game but with slightly different Pokemon in it. Because you then have a third game with more content in it while the other two don't. Which is probably why Black-2 and White-2 happened.

If this is a whole new generation it's a smart move by them to maintain interest in light of Go and Gen 6 having only half the regular amount of Pokemon in the game.

GamerJM

Banned
Trademarking names is not unusual, but to trademark a logo along with it? That is done with the intent to use.

If it does turn out that Nintendo isn't making Moon and Sun now doesn't mean it can't show up in the future.

But think of this by a company perspective. The 4 year long wait between Gen 3 and 4 HURT Pokemon badly because of that long wait. There was a lack of interest, sales for spinoffs dropped, and this was a time where Pokemon was slowly leaving the spotlight of pop culture while things like Yu-Gi-Oh took it's place for a while.

Having us wait for gen 7 would hurt them. That and the third game system being the "Complete" version of a game goes against their idea of everyone having the same game but with slightly different Pokemon in it. Because you then have a third game with more content in it while the other two don't. Which is probably why Black-2 and White-2 happened.

If this is a whole new generation it's a smart move by them to maintain interest in light of Go and Gen 6 having only half the regular amount of Pokemon in the game.

It makes business sense but it's still annoying as a fan. I feel like I have to buy all of the versions if I want a complete experience, and I have trouble keeping up with the series if gens move so fast.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Pokemon-Sun.com
Pokemon-Moon.com

Also registered by NOA and redirect to Pokemon.com

I think Gary will be the main character of Pokémon Moon as he has a Nidoking that digivolved from a Moon Stone.

Just saying. It's lore.

JoeM86

pokemonsoleil.fr, pokemonlune.fr, pokemonsoleillune.fr, pokemonluna.it, pokemonsole.it all redirect.

So yeah, I guess you could say

Cb_tgDpWAAAM1eP.jpg

Boom.

Plot twist: Sun and Moon are references to space. Team Galactic were based around a space motif. The games full names are DiamondSun and PearlMoon #GenIVConfirmed

jk but not jk I don't know

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Great post, and I love that you focus on the positives. So much damned negativity around here, so this to me is quite refreshing. Gotta single it out, but I totally agree with you about Kalos... it's what made me fall in love with Pokemon in the first place (I was a late bloomer, but have since buffed up my series knowledge). X was my very first Pokemon game, and it had a profound impact on me, truly making me appreciate their designs. I love Amaura's design so much too, and one day... maybe one day I'll get myself a shiny.
Cheers, a lot of Pokemon threads tend to go down the gen wars route, but I think every gen does its own thing that appeals to different people, and the positives massively outweigh the negatives. Kalos does have an amazing dex, and nice choice on Amaura, it and Tyrunt are definitely my favourite fossil families and some of my favourite mons altogether. Lets hope Aurorus gets a mega in the new game, it'll be hard topping its original design though.
Great summary, but i never feel a jazz influenced music in Gen IV, i always saw it as a great electronic experimentation, an exception in the pokemon soundtracks
Thanks, yeah there's definitely electronic experimentation which is prevalent on many routes, but I always heard a jazz influence on the night time soundtracks and town themes too. I hope the remakes, whenever they arrive, don't mess with the soundtrack too much, its near perfection.

Edit: Yes! Confirmation. Tomorrow is gonna be ace!

Razmos

I really like the logo for Pokémon Moon. You can see it either as a satellite orbitting a planet and casting a shadow on it, or as a crescent moon. Very cool.

Pokémon Sun has a much more boring logo

Pachimari

I got a mythical Mew from the store today, yay!

I have no Pokemon game, ugh.

I might jump ship from red to blue unless the cover Pokemon is cooler on the Sun version. Moon just sounds way better.

Sorry #TeamRed.

Daemul

Gen 2 was fun, but the level curve was terrible. I thought that as a kid too. It felt like once you reached mid 30s, nothing else went beyond that and you were fighting things that were mid 30s for the rest of the game.

And really with only so many pokemon to draw on and the regions being right next to each other, it's only natural to have Kanto pokemon available in Johto.

The problem wasn't that Kanto Pokemon were available in Johto, that actually made sense, the problem was you had many Johto Pokemon who could straight up not be found in Johto and you had to go to Kanto to get them, or you had to jump through some crazy hoops if you wanted to catch them, whilst on the other hand the likes of Pidgey and Rattata(that damn meme) were rampant.

It didn't help matters that half of the gym leaders, namely Falkner, Morty, Bugsy and Chuck, didn't have a single Johto Pokemon on their team, and the bulk of the other 4 Gym leaders teams were made up of Pokemon from Kanto, though I'll give Clair a pass since Dragon types were rare as fuck back then.

You can't even begin to imagine the disappointment when 8 year old me discovered that I couldn't get Houndour until far later in the game, the salt has been pouring since then
KuGsj.gif

Mestizo

Well, those critics to Gen2 are facts, but Gen2 is still the more innovative gen nowadays: 16 gym leaders, day-night cycle, new types, new stat, great ost. I was more disappointed from Gen3: no day-night cycle, no animations, mediocre ost, terrible story, lot of useless/ugly pokemons, still with an horrible level curve....Gen2 can't be the worst with all those cons of Gen3 and next generations.

No, he's right. The level curve in gen 2 was pretty mindboggling and I'm surprised HGSS did nothing to fix it. It makes the games the worst when it comes to grinding, especially when wild Pokemon are really underlevelled by the endgame. It gets to the point where I typically reach Red with only lv.40's (and a BUNCH of items). A lot of gen 2 Pokemon are also really rare or only available in Kanto.

HG/SS has the highest Pokemon's level for CPU. HG/SS fixed the issues of G/S and that's why is still today the most complete Pokemon.

MrPanic

Oh man, another leak. Come on Nintendo, I actually wanna be surprised again by a direct, try to keep your secrets better.

I'm glad to hear we're not getting a remake. That said though, both X/Y and ORAS were weak entries in the series imo so I hope they actually change things up this time around. They really need to break free from their customs imo, maybe multiple regions or maybe something different than the standard eight badges plot. The fact that these are two versions again doesn't bring much hope for freshening up the series though. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom