• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon |OT| Sword and Shield/Get ready for your new Pokemon Adventure!

Michele

you.
uH5PESB.png

Get ready to have a lot of open-minded discussions, as Pokemon Sword and Shield comes out on November 15th 2019!

What is Pokemon Sword and Shield?
Pokemon Sword and Shield are the latest installement in the mainline Pokemon games, which marks the beginning of the Generation 8. In the newest game, you are able to explore an open world, called the Wild Area, as you go out your way to explore the Pokemon World, take on the gyms and become a Champion!

Features
- Wild Area, the open-world area for you to explore! Tons of Pokemon for you to discover!
- Dynamax, the new Feature that brings the battling to a whole new level!
- Version Exculsives! Not just Pokemons, but also a change in the Gym Leader depending on the version!
- Poké Job, that gives your other Pokemon EXP! You might even receive some good items in advance!
- Surprise Trade! You never know what Pokemon you could get in return!
- Pokémon Camp! Play with some Pokémon that you have! Bond with them!

Characters

QkbaED6.png

Main Character (Victor/Gloria)

The player can choose between being a boy, or a girl, as well as being able to decide the initial appearance for the game.

KwmD0br.png

Leon

The acclaimed Champion of the Galar Region. He is one of the strongest in the entire region. His record is still not broken, to this day. Make sure you give it your all when you do eventually battle him!

HsHarXF.png

Hop

Hop is one of your rivals in the game. He is the younger brother of Leon, and just like the player, he also aims to be a champion like Leon did. He lives in around the same neighbour as you, and will begin his adventure in the same day.

bEsBMDa.png

Professor Magnolia

The newest professor in Sword and Shield. She has been researching the Dynamax phenomenon, and she has given a certain research task to a certain someone...

0om1O4U.png

Bede

He has joined the Gym Matches, thanks to his endorsement from Rose, the chairman of the Galar Pokémon League. He will fight you several times through the game; his goal is clear, but he seems to have a different motivation... Oh, and he's rude!

WgJvfS6.png

Marnie

All-loving girl. Surely her heart will capture you? Like Bede, she is also a skillful trainer. She has fans thanks to her experience with Pokemon battles. And she wants to get a certain goal with her partner Morpeko.​

Shaqazooloo

I'm getting Shield, don't know if I want to get competitive with this one. Takes so long to raise a competitive team.

Also it'll be interesting going through the game and finding out what Pokémon made it in and which ones didnt .

ebevan91

I'm getting Shield, don't know if I want to get competitive with this one. Takes so long to raise a competitive team.

Also it'll be interesting going through the game and finding out what Pokémon made it in and which ones didnt .

I've never been into competitive. It seems like everybody uses the same handful of Pokemon. Maybe with some of the new changes this gen, we'll see a wider variety of teams. I don't want to have to use the same Pokemon as everyone else in order to compete.

Shield already downloaded.

Very happy with my code for 12 Quick Balls...

Only more 14 days. Good thing that 15 in a holiday around here.

Shaqazooloo

Apparently the games been leaking, be careful of spoilers. I got a tasty music spoiler but it was worth it, i'm gonna avoid all other spoilers though.

Shaqazooloo

Just semi spoiled the Pokémon list. Most of my favorites are in but my favorite Pokémon of all Blissey didn't seem to make the cut.

Slight chance I'm wrong since I was only skimming for certain Pokes but I'll try to make peace with it.

Also you may or may not be disappointed with the amount of pokemon chosen...

Is it that time already?
I have so much work to do, and Dragon Quest XI S has been stealing a lot of my work time. Not sure if I should even download my copy of Sword.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
OP should probably ask to have this moved to Gaming. A lot of people don't even open the Communities forum and most OTs start in Gaming before moving to Communities at a later date.

Getting both. Have Sword downloaded under my Japanese account on my Switch Lite but will be attending the midnight launch at Nintendo NY. I’ll be in line playing 14 hours early but still want to enjoy the overall atmosphere and get physical copies and goodies from the event

C141-A086-4-DC6-4-CCD-8-AEC-ACF8-BD47-AB56.jpg

7-F704083-9820-46-DE-81-A0-F519-EF0-CA5-D3.jpg

Michele

you.
OP should probably ask to have this moved to Gaming. A lot of people don't even open the Communities forum and most OTs start in Gaming before moving to Communities at a later date.

Oh, I didn't know about that. I thought peoples made OTs on communities forums. My bad, but thanks for pointing out.

Anyways, the release of the game is close, 8 days left (7 in some countries), I can't wait for some surprises or whatever may be going on. I may get the Sword version, although not necessarily on launch day.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just semi spoiled the Pokémon list. Most of my favorites are in but my favorite Pokémon of all Blissey didn't seem to make the cut.

Slight chance I'm wrong since I was only skimming for certain Pokes but I'll try to make peace with it.

Also you may or may not be disappointed with the amount of pokemon chosen...

I won't spoil anything for anyone in here but you are in for a treat with the shield Dragon Pokemon in my opinion :)

Haven't played any game on release in a long time and it was so good yesterday. Played for 10 hours straight. Anyone want to share FCs for future trading/battles? Here is mine: SW-4745-5392-8310.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Got about an hour in last night. The lack of ability to turn off exp share is a crazy oversight. Other than that it's what I expected.

Shaqazooloo

How's the game so far fellas? Worth getting?
It's pretty good, has a lot of QoL changes, the wild area is pretty cool, it's nothing too amazing but it's pretty fun in my opinion. Played about 5 or 6 hours straight, I'd say if you are familiar with Pokemon and like the games it's worth a buy, one of the better Pokemon games in my early first impressions.

Mista

Banned
Got Shield and it’s downloading. Also this thread is slow for an Pokemon OT! Not much Pokemon fans here?

Shaqazooloo

Yeah. Is there any benefits from connecting to the internet?
Kind of? You can exchange league cards with people and you're notified when someone is looking for partners in raid battles. You can also get items from people that are roaming around but I haven't really found anything to useful yet, I think it was just stuff you sell at stores.

Mista

Banned
Kind of? You can exchange league cards with people and you're notified when someone is looking for partners in raid battles. You can also get items from people that are roaming around but I haven't really found anything to useful yet, I think it was just stuff you sell at stores.
So I just stay connected to the internet better?

Does the wild area not allow you to see your friends and people online moving in real time? I played locally with a friend and he was pretty much teleporting all over the place.

Shaqazooloo

So I just stay connected to the internet better?
For me I keep it on because I don't care if the framerate tanks but if it is something that bothers you I would say it's better to be offline in the wild area.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I recommend not staying in the internet while wild area. Bunch of players complaining about constant freeze while connected.

For me I keep it on because I don't care if the framerate tanks but if it is something that bothers you I would say it's better to be offline in the wild area.
Yo! I see other people roaming in the area and joined me in a raid battle. That’s wicked :D

Mista

Banned
Got my first badge. I like the new Gym Missions instead of the classic battle a couple till you reach the gym leader

Are there certain Pokemon’s I should pursue in this game apart from the legendary?

Mista

Banned
Second badge in the pocket🙏🏻 I still prefer gen 1 Pokemon over all the other

Most of the new Pokemon’s are poorly designed and have names made by KG kids

Last edited:

azz0r

Banned
I know it's cool to shit on this game because it doesn't have 8000 Pokemon I've never heard of, but I'm having a blast.

The only bit thats a piss take is Hop constantly leading me into the next sections, sometimes I just want to walk about myself without feeling like I'm being herded about, but I guess its just the first few badges it'll do this.

Also the graphics issues are a total meh for me, like yeah some stuff pops in, so what? Get a life.

Shouta

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The graphics are good enough and but the designs really help it out a lot.

I think my biggest complaint so far is gyms are dirt easy as always where running around in like the wild area can be fun since you run into much higher level Pokemon pretty often.

All the clothing options are great too

Mista

Banned
Just finishing hammering the Ice Gym Leader. On to the next one

Also these new garbage Pokemon’s aren’t giving me any urge to catch them. What are the best Pokemon’s? My main is the fire starter

Top Bottom