• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed. Releases November 18th 2016.

Seil

TBH I imagine there'll be some minor advantage. Similar things have happened in the past like the Therian Forms being DSi exclusive.

Dream Radar was for 3DS, not DSi.

The only things the new 3DS brings over the original is improved 3D, more power and the c-stick/ZL/ZR. It'll probably just be n3DS enhanced for performance.

Crayolan

They do actually, like random leaves being blown or cave droplets appearing and such. In ORAS it was static.

Oh, I thought you were referring those handful of moves you can use in a few backgrounds which get you an item or something. If XY has visual effects and ORAS doesn't then, yea, it's better, but they're still both bad in a general sense.

jonno394

Dream Radar was for 3DS, not DSi.

The only things the new 3DS brings over the original is improved 3D, more power and the c-stick/ZL/ZR. It'll probably just be n3DS enhanced for performance.

Yeah I was more thinking about performance/optimisation tbh

fisheyes

Going back to the starters and their potential secondary types for a second, those secondary types could be for the middle stage anyway, so perhaps Litten only gets a secondary type at the final stage.

Ie: Grass/Flying > Grass/Ground > Grass/Ground
Water > Water/Fighting > Water/Fighting
Fire > Fire > Fire/???

They don't usually officially reveal final stages of the starters before release, do they? So maybe this is how it will go down.

...or maybe none of them have anything to do with the starters.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I doubt there will be any performance enhancements on the n3DS, I don't think Game Freak would bother with that.

Forkball

Apparently the secondary types of Litten's and Popplio's evolved forms might've gotten leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4jg3vd/smo_major_spoilers_litten_and_popplios_final_evo/

They're
Ground
and
Fighting
respectively.

This was discovered in this very thread like the day of the announcement. It doesn't mean those are the final types of the evolutions at all. Perhaps they are just going to show new Ground or Fighting Pokemon soon. They really don't reveal final evolutions until after launch anyways.

I don't know the source of this but this (probably fake) Popplio evo is actually god damn great and creepy

Oh and Rowlet and Litten I guess

All three of these are awesome.

This was discovered in this very thread like the day of the announcement. It doesn't mean those are the final types of the evolutions at all. Perhaps they are just going to show new Ground or Fighting Pokemon soon.

No, the directory is specifically for the starters.

They really don't reveal final evolutions until after launch anyways.

Hence why it's a leak rather than an intentional reveal.

JoeM86

Considering the starter evos are literally months away from being revealed, the likelihood of this being for them is minimal. There's a multitude of reasons why it could be.

The fact that Ground is before Fire kills the entire theory as is.

I dislike how people are calling this a leak. It's not a leak in any sense of the word. If they were new types then yes. All it means is that they have prepared images for the next Pokémon to be revealed

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ditching your Starter is sick.

I even kept Snivy through Unova even though I hated it. I've never dropped a Starter, and I never will.

I dropped my starter in White. But I chose Tepig and had a Victini from buying an early copy so having two fire Pokémon was pointless and that evolution just sealed the deal.

Rowlett will be Grass/Psychic
Litten will be Fire/Poison
Popplio will be Water/Fairy

Chunky

I dropped my starter in White. But I chose Tepig and had a Victini from buying an early copy so having two fire Pokémon was pointless and that evolution just sealed the deal.

Rowlett will be Grass/Psychic
Litten will be Fire/Poison
Popplio will be Water/Fairy
I would love these secondary types. Although it's very possible they pull a Gen 5 and inexplicably only give one starter two types. gj gamefreak

Whats this all about Water/Fighting and Grass/Ground I've been hearing about?

EDIT: lol right on this page as well.

Grass/Ground, Rowlett better become a burrowing owl if thats the case.

Crayolan

Everyone seems to ignore Rowlet's description being that it uses "powerful kicks" to attack. Little owl could easily turn into grass blaziken.

Mista Koo

Apparently the secondary types of Litten's and Popplio's evolved forms might've gotten leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4jg3vd/smo_major_spoilers_litten_and_popplios_final_evo/

They're
Ground
and
Fighting
respectively.
GAF > Internet > GAF
They literally took the Litten evo I made from this thread, lol.

Hopefully they don't go with the default skin tone. It'll be weird to have a rival that most likely spends a lot of time outside training their Pokemon but doesn't have a tan.
I hope they match whatever skin tone you choose for your trainer.

Forkball

All three of these are awesome.

No, the directory is specifically for the starters.

Hence why it's a leak rather than an intentional reveal.
The starters are the only Pokemon that are on the site though. And why would they even bother putting the other two typings in six months before they even reveal them? Out of all the things they could have uploaded beforehand, they only put up these two type images. I just don't buy it.

That beings said, I do see Litten turning into some sort of volcano tiger and Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground seem very likely. Also I'm not sure why people want Rowlet to be Grass/Ground since we already have a grass starter with that type. Plus Grass/Ground does have quite a few weaknesses and you never see Torterra in a lot of people's teams because of it.

Theorymon

The starters are the only Pokemon that are on the site though. And why would they even bother putting the other two typings in six months before they even reveal them? Out of all the things they could have uploaded beforehand, they only put up these two type images. I just don't buy it.

That beings said, I do see Litten turning into some sort of volcano tiger and Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground seem very likely. Also I'm not sure why people want Rowlet to be Grass/Ground since we already have a grass starter with that type. Plus Grass/Ground does have quite a few weaknesses and you never see Torterra in a lot of people's teams because of it.

I've actually been interested in the offensive potential of a Grass / Ground recently, since currently there's a lot of Rotom-W running around in Battle Spot and OU. Basically, it could be a Ground-type that smashes Rotom-W without Mold Breaker! My main problem is that Torterra is really slow, so I don't think it takes advantage of its typing very well.

Popplio's evo be like...

870168.jpg

Red Fire

XY's announcement trailer is pretty funny in retrospect.

"breathtaking 3D world" lol

Gen 6 used some really poor samples for it's music, 7 seems to correct the most eregious pressentation flaws.

I found XY's trailer to be way better then Sun/Moon's. From the music (soundfond!) to the general type of presentation. XY trailer had waaaayyyy more hype. Not saying SunMoon's was bad though.

Anyway, if the types should turn out true, i could see Rowlet's evo having a wood-theme on it (Rowlet's japanese name is Mokuroh if i remember correctly meaning wood owl or something right?), so i could see the reason for the ground type, as wood often gets related to the ground/earth.

I don't know the source of this but this (probably fake) Popplio evo is actually god damn great and creepy

Oh and Rowlet and Litten I guess

That Litten evo is way that underdesigned for a 2nd stage starter evo. It needs some sort of pop that all these starter evos have.

I actually would kinds dig that Popplio evo only because it's would be like the most menacing looking starter final form in the entire series. I want a evil sea lion clown Pokémon.

XY's announcement trailer is pretty funny in retrospect.

"breathtaking 3D world" lol

Gen 6 used some really poor samples for it's music, 7 seems to correct the most eregious pressentation flaws.

Seeing this trailer again for the first time in years, it's actually kinda funny how obvious Fenniken was showcased using a psychic move right away but no one picked that up when speculation over it's evos began. I don't think anyone guessed it would end up being a fire/psychic type in the end.

Avixph

So what are the likelihood of Sun and Moon breaking street date like X and Y? Will Nintendo have the release date more in check?

Berordn

So what are the likelihood of Sun and Moon breaking street date like X and Y? Will Nintendo have the release date more in check?

Nintendo can't do much to control street date breaking outside of making examples of the stores that do it after the fact.

Pushing the date back for Europe by a whole week is basically that but on a much larger scale.

JoeM86

They were stricter with ORAS so expect them to be strict here. They were undoubtedly pissed when it happened in 2013

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Creepy Popplio would be the best thing ever, please be real
it's not

Lol what are those even supposed to be? They're obviously not real but don't most of the starters have some sort of theme besides the type of animal?

Crayolan

Lol what are those even supposed to be? They're obviously not real but don't most of the starters have some sort of theme besides the type of animal?

The Popplio evo looks like it becomes a circus strongman and the Rowlet evo looks like a hooded assassin. Litten evo is the worst, it's just a bigger cat.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The bubble bowling ball is the best

The Popplio evo looks like it becomes a circus strongman and the Rowlet evo looks like a hooded assassin. Litten evo is the worst, it's just a bigger cat.

I guess the strongman thing is interesting enough. I can't see an assassin being anything but Dark type though.

I love the idea of a sleek, simple, huge cat Pokemon. Simplicity works well for big cats. That fan art looks great.

I really like Persian and think he's a great design. He's the template I'd like to see another big cat be drawn from.

Top Bottom