• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon Demo Version rated by Korean Rating Board

JoeM86

Today, the Korean Rating Board has put out a new rating for a special bit of software. This software is the Pokémon Sun & Moon Special Trial Version. It's not currently known when this demo will be released or if it will be globally

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hopefully they will have learnt from last time and wipe the data clean so it doesn't get data mined like the Hoenn remake demo was.

Ydelnae

Exclusive way of getting a certain Z-attack which fortunately ends up being in the game anyway, here we go.

Hopefully they will have learnt from last time and wipe the data clean so it doesn't get data mined like the Hoenn remake demo was.

Damn, didn't think about this. Game Freak never learns with stuff like this, we are getting the whole Dex spoiled once this demo releases :/

CloudWolf

Why would you ever need a demo of a Pokémon game? You know excactly what you're getting when buying Pokémon.

Knowing Game Freak they'll probably tie some sort of exclusive attack or Pokémon to it, though.

MegaMelon

Please just put it on the damn eshop. The way they distributed it last time was a pain. If this is a demo then shouldn't you want as many people to play it? It's not like a significant number of people are going to play a pokemon games demo then decide that they're no longer interested in the game.

ash_ag

Sweet. Hopefully, it will feature some exclusive content like the ORAS special demo did.

Also this:
Though I must confess that I wouldn't cross my fingers about them being careful for once...

Forkball

Wasnt't the ORAS demo limited to certain giveaways? Now you can download it from the eShop, but it wasn't always that way.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Yes!
Come to the UK, please!

Edit: Even if it's nothing special, just being able to navigate around that sexy UI and hear some of the town themes is enough for me.

Ydelnae

Please just put it on the damn eshop. The way they distributed it last time was a pain. If this is a demo then shouldn't you want as many people to play it? It's not like a significant number of people are going to play a pokemon games demo then decide that they're no longer interested in the game.

Limiting access to the demo is a way to generate more buzz, because people are going to be asking for a demo key in social media, and people who weren't interested will begin to investigate what's going on (and there are a target audience of people interested in Pokémon but not aware of Sun & Moon, like some GO players).

I doubt the demo is being made for people to try how the game plays like, since we all already know that, it's just a promotion technique.

JoeM86

To be fair, it's not like the data mine mattered last time. They had already revealed everything by then

Nightbird

1472797152103.gif

I WAS WAITING FOR THIS!

Kouriozan

ORAS got a trial version too, would not be surprised and help soften the blow of waiting an extra 5 days in Europe.

Laieon

Why would you ever need a demo of a Pokémon game? You know excactly what you're getting when buying Pokémon.

Knowing Game Freak they'll probably tie some sort of exclusive attack or Pokémon to it, though.

As someone who lives in Korea, I'm not necessarily true if that applies here. If it's not a mobile game or a PC game, Koreans aren't playing it.

This is especially true for the younger generation. My student's knowledge of Pokemon pretty much stops at the TV show.

Nice. I need me some new Pokémon to play.

Were there hoops to jump threw to play the ORAS demo? I can't remember.

Do you think it'll be like part of the first Island or a new undisclosed area of the game?

faint.

200 free Pokèballs or bust.

Nice. I need me some new Pokémon to play.

We're there hoops to jump threw to play the ORAS demo? I can't remember.

Do you think it'll be like part of the first Island or a new undisclosed area of the game?

Nope. It was available for everyone and had some original content.

Wasnt't the ORAS demo limited to certain giveaways? Now you can download it from the eShop, but it wasn't always that way.

Yeah originally it was given away through the Pokemon Trainer Club emails, then I think in some countries you could get a code from like GAME or something for it.

It was a huge pain in the ass because the distribution system for the codes didn't work right or emails didn't get sent out or whatever.

Making a demo is a great idea I think because it generates a lot of buzz but I just hope they make it a little easier to obtain or distribute it through some other channel (like going to get a card from Gamestop or something). Their shitty PTC email system doesn't work right and i can't imagine it's doing good now after how much stress Pokemon Go put on it.

I don't think I should play it right? I want the first time I step into Alola to be when I'm doing it with my friends on launch night...

Hmm

Top Bottom