• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon Final Starter Evolutions Officially Revealed

JoeM86

Coming from, of all things, a TCG post on Twitter
Cvw0RgBVYAQaG5e.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/791565112532283392

oh lol can't believe i'm trying to read their names from the blurry card earlier, and didn't realize there's a bigger one on deck packagings :<

Azuran

Banned
Team Litten, how does it feel to be a complete and utter joke in the eyes of people with good taste?

Popplio won.

Qurupeke

Archer, Fighter, Siren (which counts as Singer I guess) is a good theme. Gen 6 also had a prominent theme: Warrior, Magician, Ninja. It's kind of interesting, they make them less "animal-like", even though each one of them is clearly based on an animal.

Too bad the designs are terrible. I think they're overall my least favourite starters, even worse than Gen 2.

Zalman

I guess i'm the only one... probably not but most likely minority who actually don't mind delphox's design.. it's kinda fun seeing a magical girl ends up becoming a witch lol
I don't think Delphox's design is that bad. I was mostly disappointed in the fact that they can't have a Fire starter stay on all four... Something that still seems to be the case.

Hmm. I love Litten but I think I'm gonna go water this generation. I just can't handle that poor kitty having to evolve in such a non-cute way. :(

Hahaha, WHAT?

Man, they messed up. Imo I think the starters look fine, but their evolutions are terrible. Especially the fire Pokemon. Making it humanoid is a big mistake. Could've been cool, but of course they had to go with the generic route.

Sesha

I sincerely don't get the hate for the starter3s. I think they're all great. It's the first time since gen 4 I've liked all almost equally.

In case people are wondering:

Junaiper - Gaogaen - Ashireenu
Juniper/Sniper - Tiger Roar - Siren

It's more like

Gaogaen = Gao + ga + kaen = Roar Fang Flame
Ashireenu = Ashika + shireenu = Sea Lion Siren

JoeM86

Ah, I got excited thinking their English names and types had been officially revealed

When I saw it, I first thought "Oh cool, they've revealed the GX cards for the starters", and then 5 seconds later I twigged what had just happened

They have deleted the tweet, hah.
Leaks named them Beltigre, Robinroot and Brionne. I wonder if they will change them... I love Robinroot as a name ( but I'm going to chose Litten as my starter. Love Torracat, even if Beltigre is meh)

NZerker12

Decisions, Flying Archer or Tiger Mask.

I really like both but if Tiger Mask is another Fire/Fighting i'm going to go with Flying Archer.

JoeM86

They have deleted the tweet, hah.
Leaks named them Beltigre, Robinroot and Brionne. I wonder if they will change them... I love Robinroot as a name ( but I'm going to chose Litten as my starter. Love Torracat, even if Beltigre is meh)

I assure you those aren't the names.

When you see Litten's evo's, you'll facepalm.

I've gone with Fire every Gen, not sure whether to stick with that.

Popilo's evo looks like the dog from Nightmare before Christmas

Impulsor

Still not a fan of these. Litten's final evolution is the biggest disappointment since Emboar.

It annoys me to noend because the first evolution is awesome. Then it all goes nuts with the third one.

I'll be getting the archer owl, just because of the third evo.

Top Bottom