• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon Final Starter Evolutions Officially Revealed

Pokebank won't be updated until January

Bummer, I'll probably get them via GTS wonder trades before then. I'm currently sending 4/5 iv eevee across the globe because I'm breeding for Sylveon. I keep getting random high iv pokemon. So good!

Random comment. Fml getting a 5iv nasty plot modest serene grace togepi is a nightmare!

Nightbird

YOU HEAR THE CROWD?

THAT'S MINE!

I'M GONNA MAKE THOSE PEOPLE PROUD!

Oe1O7D8.png

Good thing I nickname my Pokemon if Luchalitten's name is bad lol

I think you are going to use this one in future discussions about Luchalitten lol:

1470397539096.png

Delio

I like that he has a lot more art now. Tho im picturing him still acting like a cat despite how he looks and laugh at it. It's funny and i love Bro tiger.

Forkball

I find it funny that we had the final starter evolutions leak three times in three different ways.

Animation cel
Demo datamine
Itchy tweet finger

I'm going to guess they're shown off in today's video. We will finally get the typings. If they keep Rowlett3 as Grass/Flying he better have some Greninja-esque stats.

Team Litten, how does it feel to be a complete and utter joke in the eyes of people with good taste?

Popplio won.
Litten ends up with the best starter, although this art hides that fact and the fact that Popplio's is the worst.

Real terrible news here is that it's Fire/Fighting. Water/Fairy confirm is nice though.
Edit: Or I'm seeing the icons wrong for weakness/resistance. I just woke up lol

My Popplio allegiance has paid off. Two grim dark elementary school drawings for evos on fire and grass. Popplio is king!
Congrats, you picked this generation's Meganium.

ffdgh

I find it funny that we had the final starter evolutions leak three times in three different ways.

Animation cel
Demo datamine
Itchy tweet finger

I'm going to guess they're shown off in today's video. We will finally get the typings. If they keep Rowlett3 as Grass/Flying he better have some Greninja-esque stats.
Forget the stat
not really
the owl wants greninja's crazy movepool lol.

Delio

Popplio is going to have the most competitive final evo of the three if it's Water/Fairy and bulky. Bank on that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like that he has a lot more art now. Tho im picturing him still acting like a cat despite how he looks and laugh at it. It's funny and i love Bro tiger.

that's how most people depict him!

My Popplio allegiance has paid off. Two grim dark elementary school drawings for evos on fire and grass. Popplio is king!

Wrestling? Grim dark?

Ahahahahahahaahah!

oh_wrestling_youre_so_funny_17.gif

Dryk

Popplio is going to have the most competitive final evo of the three if it's Water/Fairy and bulky. Bank on that.
+ its
likely signature move
it definitely will be. Rowlett3 will hopefully get Sniper as a HA and the tools to derp around with it though

RikuDawn

I'd love this all to be like the biggest ruse ever. I mean I know it's not and I don't have any problems with the designs or anything. But the idea that Game Freak would make fake art and then leak it online, put fake sprites into the demo's files that they knew people would find, and post pictures of fake cards on Twitter and then delete the tweet to make it seem like they didn't mean to reveal the final starter evolutions yet just to trick people into thinking these designs are real is hilarious to me.

Delio

+ its
likely signature move
it definitely will be. Rowlett3 will hopefully get Sniper as a HA and the tools to derp around with it though

I suspect sneaky pebbles will make sure the Owl doesnt get far. That or Talonflame still being a thing in the regional dex. That move will totally make the Siren a tanky mess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can make a cup of tea with Littenutbreaker. What can you you do with Rowletthebodieshitthefloor, scratch your bum with one of its arrows?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
because the champion of the masses wants to appeal to the demographic, he does this cool pose that the teens seem to be familiar of!

5bBxvgZ.png

Imma go with RobinHoot.

Lovelovelovelove cats but i can't play a BossDoggie avatar. He ruined those kinds of designs forever for me.

Dryk

I suspect sneaky pebbles will make sure the Owl doesnt get far. That or Talonflame still being a thing in the regional dex. That move will totally make the Siren a tanky mess.
Oh it won't get far but I'm hoping it will get just far enough that you can have fun occasionally with a gimmicky set.
Hopefully it gets Focus Energy and not just that crit Lock On move

Delio

Oh it won't get far but I'm hoping it will get just far enough that you can have fun occasionally with a gimmicky set.
Hopefully it gets Focus Energy and not just that crit Lock On move

I can imagine it getting Focus energy very early.

kewlmyc

Are people here really saying that the Tiger Wrestler Pokémon is a lame design? Disappointing.

Just ignore the weird pictures BossDoggie was posting earlier.

Whether Tiger Mask becomes one of my favorite starters or one of my most hated all depends on if it's part fighting.

Things aren't looking good......

JediLink

The fuck were they thinking with Litten's third? It's such an inexplicable leap from the theme of the first two that it's hard to believe it's even real. I think everyone was expecting something something more like this

than some burly-ass bipedal beastman.

Neiteio

Litten's evo is so good. I don't care that Smash already has a playable Fire-type -- I want to play as Litten's evo in Smash!

The fuck were they thinking with Litten's third? It's such an inexplicable leap from the theme of the first two that it's hard to believe it's even real. I think everyone was expecting something something more like this

That looks so much worse than what we got that I can't properly express it in this post.

I was expecting something like that trash, which is why what we got is so good. It's also a pretty straightforward evo of stage two, as much as the other starters are at least.

ffdgh

Why is the last one puking lava?

Qurupeke

I'm not fond of the starters either, but the designs that are basically the base stage, only bigger are dull. Typhlosion is the biggest offender. At least Litten3, even if it's ugly has a lot of themes going for it.

woopWOOP

I dunno why, a WWE cat should be right up my alley, but Litten3 feels a bit... bland compared to the other two.

I think Litten2's the best mid-evolution of the three tho.

Top Bottom