• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

GoldStarz

Drat. Guess it doesn't really matter!

If I'm picking up your meaning right, it does matter, it's just that (from what we've seen) once a Pokemon is Alola, it stays Alola. So Alola Meowth will definitely have an accompanying Alola Persian, but Pikachu, who doesn't have an Alola Form, can still evolve into Alola Raichu.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You what? I confirmed they were true. Everyone else was disputing me

Yeah that's what I'm getting at.

He also posted pictures of Zubat and Litleo before we got the legendaries and from what I've read had an avatar with the animals the starters are based on back around when we got the first teaser at the beginning of the year.

Yeah I also heard he posted those. Though was that before the names?

Boss Doggie

So bumping for news

Someone from /vp/ who went to Milan Games Week have seen SM mock-up box-art. He confirms Tortunator and Drampa are single stage mon... however what he fears is that Drampa might be Moon exclusive and Tortunator might be Sun exclusive, since they replace each other in the box-art.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, a guy on /vp/ posted box art seen at Milan Games Week---interestingly the mock-ups (which look like they'll be the final version) shows the PokeDex screens for Turtonator on Sun's and Drampa's on Moon's. Beyond some people thinking they might end up being Version Exclusives, you can't see the PokeBall icon next to them on the screen which seems to indicate they don't evolve.

So, a guy on /vp/ posted box art seen at Milan Games Week---interestingly the mock-ups (which look like they'll be the final version) shows the PokeDex screens for Turtonator on Sun's and Drampa's on Moon's. Beyond some people thinking they might end up being Version Exclusives, you can't see the PokeBall icon next to them on the screen which seems to indicate they don't evolve.

Where is this Poké Ball icon you're talking about? Usually a Poké Ball in the Dex info indicates the Pokémon has been caught and not just seen. But I can't find it on my phone anyway.

So Alolan Ratata and Gumshoos may be exclusive as well? That doesn't really add up with the reason why Alolan Rattata exists. It may just be referring to the Totems though. It's not like it matters that much anyway.

Where is this Poké Ball icon you're talking about? Usually a Poké Ball in the Dex info indicates the Pokémon has been caught and not just seen. But I can't find it on my phone anyway.

Look at this for example

clemenx

Banned
I don't really care about version exclusive mons. Early generation says the GTS is actually useful lol and if not then the neogaf community will be really active. It's not too much of a hassle.

Boss Doggie

I don't really care about version exclusive mons. Early generation says the GTS is actually useful lol and if not then the neogaf community will be really active. It's not too much of a hassle.

It's more of a trainer ID thing, but I guess that can be worked around via breeding. Still, that means you can't get a Sun Trainer ID Moonroc or a Moon Trainer ID Sunroc

Aleh

Still, that means you can't get a Sun Trainer ID Moonroc or a Moon Trainer ID Sunroc

That was my main gripe when they introduced version exclusive evolutions, hopefully there's gonna be a way to get both in the post game, like the legendaries' influence over Rockruff goes away or something

Razmos

That was my main gripe when they introduced version exclusive evolutions, hopefully there's gonna be a way to get both in the post game, like the legendaries' influence over Rockruff goes away or something
Maybe having, for example, Lunaala in your party with Rockruff will allow it to evolve into Nightwolf, even in Sun version. Since the announcement says it evolves under their influence.

Man, all these people clinging onto the hope of split-evolutions or that the artwork was very early concept are going to be in for a shock. The fact that Ash was there shows that it was for the anime, when designs would have been pretty much ironed out.

Kinsei

Banned

Crud. I guess I'm not using Drampa unless we get a third version/sequels.

Kyzer

Banned
So glad I have off Tuesday. So, I bet against Ash winning the Pokemon league, but I really feel like with Ash-Greninja being a thing we could finally see the canonization of Ash in the main games with Sun/Moon....maybe in the demo..

Also how great would it be for there to be a huge continuity culmination of Looker, Giovanni, Silver, and N
and Ghetsis' Kids, Gladiolus, Lillie, and Lusamine

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any ideas why Silvally is called that? The name seems so odd to me.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Name seems to come from "silver ally" based on similar naming schemes in other languages (translating to "silver friend", "silver buddy", etc.)

Well, that seems odd. I wonder why that name's appropriate. I suppose perhaps story reasons?

Razmos

Interesting piece of info about Lillie from the synopsis of the Sun and moon anime:
"She likes Pokémon, but for some reason cannot touch them"

Hmmmmmm

Kinsei

Banned
I just realized that the 12 hour difference in Moon is going to make dusk balls even better than they normally are. Now would be a good time to introduce some sort of ball that increases the capture rate when used during the day. It seems odd that it will be easier to catch Pokemon in one version.

GoldStarz

So bumping for news

Someone from /vp/ who went to Milan Games Week have seen SM mock-up box-art. He confirms Tortunator and Drampa are single stage mon... however what he fears is that Drampa might be Moon exclusive and Tortunator might be Sun exclusive, since they replace each other in the box-art.

Genuinely surprised Turtonator is a single stage, I definitely looks like a Pokemon that evolved from something. Not too surprised about Drampa, it had a single stage vibe about it. Anyway, I don't think that's necessarily the case since Rockruff and Mudbray swap, too.

Boss Doggie

I just realized that the 12 hour difference in Moon is going to make dusk balls even better than they normally are. Now would be a good time to introduce some sort of ball that increases the capture rate when used during the day. It seems odd that it will be easier to catch Pokemon in one version.

Well, duskballs are still useful during the day... inside caves!

Trakan

I'm surprised they've revealed the evolution lines they have over Komala or Pikipek's lines.

I also really want to see what Wimpod evolves into.

Dragoshi1

Lillie must be allergic to every type of pokemon, and when in contact with one, her body bloats into the shape of a jellyfish-like entity, when in truth, she's just super swollen and sick and needs a doctor(Player character/Ash proceeds to fight "UB-01").

That must be it.

GoldStarz

I'm surprised they've revealed the evolution lines they have over Komala or Pikipek's lines.

I also really want to see what Wimpod evolves into.

We only know for sure that Pikipek evolves, although I do suspect of Komala being kinda like Minccino in that it's a mid-game Normal type that's introduce relatively early in the pre-release info.

Forkball

I wanted to use Turtonator over Drampa. They could still get evolutions, you never know. I prefer that some Pokemon stay as single stage. Mimikyuu, Crabrawler, and the monkeys probably won't have any evolutionary lines if I had to guess.

drampa is fine as a single stage, but turtonator feels like it should be a stage 3 pokemon, maybe because it has kind of a busier design?

i like turtonator either way, thats just what it feels like to me

e: how much more news are we going to get before the game releases? can't believe its only a month away.

Strimei

drampa is fine as a single stage, but turtonator feels like it should be a stage 3 pokemon, maybe because it has kind of a busier design?

Dunno if I'd say 3 stage but it is a bit much for a single evo.

Then again, I'd say the same of druddigon and that's a single stage too.

I'm slightly worried by how close monk-dragon and tsareena's evolution history are: they both evolve into a protector of their lesser evos. I'm hoping it's just coincidence and that they're not version exclusive :s

As the above said, we don't know a regional dex yet so anybody could be returning! I hope I can get Litwick early this gen, he was proper late on in both BW and XY :\

But... in a preliminary way..

Rowlett
Stufful (Wanted a red panda Poke forever)
Oranguru
Alolan Exeggutor

And... not sure really. Hoping some more impressive Alola forms get revealed.

Espada

While I like the vast majority of Pokemon and Alolan forms introduced thus far, I'm slowly starting to solidify which ones I want to use for my first run.

• Alolan Ninetales
    Ninetales was always one of my favorites from Gen 1, to the point that Ninetales often influences which version I get. I love its new design and typing, and barring drastic stat changes it's unlikely to disappoint me.
  • Kommo-o
    Fighting is one of my favorite types. We finally got a goddamn Dragon/Fighting type. This is a dream come true. The only issue for me is the grey, but beyond that he looks good.
  • Vikavolt
    Vic Viper the Pokemon. First GameFreak nails the designs for Galvantula's line and then they do it for the next Bug/Electric line! I really hope this isn't early game fodder and can hold its own for most of the game. It's too cool to be relegated to the box so soon!
  • Oricorio (Baile Style)
    Cool looking Flamenco-bird. I actually like all the Oricorio forms, but this one catches my eye most of all. What a design!
  • Komala
    This guy is just adorable, always asleep, little log pillow, even fighting while asleep. If it does evolve I hope they can deliver a solid follow up.
I'm not going to be using any of the starters because I find the other pokemon more interesting looking (just like in Gen V).

gardfish

An artwork of Psyduck using his Z-Move was shown at Pokémon Center Skytree Town

Dang, guess no Alolan Psyduck yet. Holding out for a Golduck, though!

Also...kinda interesting that just like regional variants, we've only seen Gen I Pokemon with their own Z-Moves.

I'm pretty sure we've already seen normal Golduck. The list I posted a few days ago has all the unseen Kanto Pokemon without a mega. Clefable was seen in the last trailer as well.

Apparently Masuda signed someone's fanart of the leaked starter evos? Not sure about it's legitimacy though.

As the above said, we don't know a regional dex yet so anybody could be returning! I hope I can get Litwick early this gen, he was proper late on in both BW and XY :

But... in a preliminary way..

Rowlett
Stufful (Wanted a red panda Poke forever)
Oranguru

Alolan Exeggutor

And... not sure really. Hoping some more impressive Alola forms get revealed.

ayy

I see so few people giving Stufful and Bewear the love they deserve and need ;-;

Joqu

That's pretty bold getting Masuda to sign fan art of the leaked starter evo.

I wonder what Musuda thought when he saw it.

Third evolution stage for Psyduck confirmed

I would have loved to see Masuda's expression when he signed that.

Haha yeah. But I mean, would the man be able to refuse? That would've looked weird too! And heck, it must've been crowded. Maybe he didn't think about it at all.

Top Bottom