• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Sciel

Last egg for the day (before sleeping) and...boom
c82f455568.jpg

how do i sleep now ;-;

Lucario

alright, done sending ditto for now

gonna try to do another giveaway later tonight or tomorrow to cover the people who missed out

Oh forget this, I'll just breed for a shiny Bruxish. SOS chaining for this thing will take way too long. I don't care if the chance of it calling is "unlikely". There is no reason I should have it at 1 HP, Adrenaline Orb popped, a Salamence with Intimidate and it still refuses to call for help, then when it does call no help arrives over the course of 15 turns. I have patience, but even I know when I'm wasting my time.

I was listening to Guzma's theme on YouTube, then I scrolled down and read the comments and someone pointed out that
a small piece of his theme has Aether Foundation theme in it, foreshadowing his relationship with them.
Really cool touch.

alright, done sending ditto for now

gonna try to do another giveaway later tonight or tomorrow to cover the people who missed out
Got a Ditto from that, thanks bro. That'll save me so much time.

Tried out the Trubbish thing a got Pheromosa and shiny Null with the appropriate IVs and Nature. I'll just assume that uploading Trubbish is code for "Gen me this mon"

The Lamp

I swear that every fucking SOS chain has to have some some sort of absolute ridiculous hassle.

Dittos were a pain in the ass, you have to through the effort of setting up a trubbish with recycle and a switch a leppa berry on it. For Mareanie, you have to keep the Corsola alive, but of course it has recover, reducing the chances that it'd sos, but be careful, you don't want it to be too low either that the Mareanie kills it if it has a chance. Pangoro/Pancham have circle punch, switching me from my freaking Entrainment user to check for the hidden ability. Jangmo-o needs Work up, Iron Defense, AND Screech. I can't even.

How am I ever going to understand a word you said

Pokémon is so serious

Wiseblade

Got a Ditto from that, thanks bro. That'll save me so much time.

Tried out the Trubbish thing a got Pheromosa and shiny Null with the appropriate IVs and Nature. I'll just assume that uploading Trubbish is code for "Gen me this mon"
I don't know, the stuff I got for Trubbish all looked legit. Only two of them even had useful natures.

Regiruler

Pokémon is so serious

I unfortunately understood all of it.

ok, a bit of a last minute question:

For Golisopod, first impression and sucker punch earn their slots easily. Water stab is fairly useful so I put in a razor shell. However, for the last slot should I opt for poison jab/brick break for coverage or leech life for stab?

EDIT: went with removing the water stab for poison jab.

KingDirk

AAAAAUGH

SOS chaining, ran into a shiny Cubone. Dude kept on summoning, didn't have anybody who could put him to sleep, and my battery ran out (I am at work).

Life is simply unfair

Wichu

I was listening to Guzma's theme on YouTube, then I scrolled down and read the comments and someone pointed out that
a small piece of his theme has Aether Foundation theme in it, foreshadowing his relationship with them.
Really cool touch.

The music definitely had a lot of thought put into it. Another one I like is that the Kahuna theme has the same leitmotif as the Tapu theme.

Regiruler

AAAAAUGH

SOS chaining, ran into a shiny Cubone. Dude kept on summoning, didn't have anybody who could put him to sleep, and my battery ran out (I am at work).

Life is simply unfair

You know paralyzing works too right?

but then again it's ground type...

Rafavert

Only got two requests from the other thread so I figured I'd try here:

Giving away some 6IV shiny Japanese ditto to gaffers. ~10 available. Instructions in email tag, quote to view.

One per person. Will start sending them out at ~3PMEST

Still on time? D:

Breads

Banned
Last egg for the day (before sleeping) and...boom
c82f455568.jpg

how do i sleep now ;-;

Oh come on. You got two shinies in the same time it took me to do the one. Not only that but it is adamant and justified. God damnit.

I'm on box 10 of absols :(

Crayolan

Finally got a Tapu Lele with a +sp att nature and good IVs, but the nature is Quiet (-speed)...

It has max speed IVs, would a choice scarf+max speed investment be enough to still outspeed most everything? Mainly gonna be using this for Battle Tree.

PMS341

After seeing many posts about this, I decided to try this out for myself. I didn't trade for legendaries, but I was fishing for a good Ditto, HA Mareenie, and a HA Vulpix. Surprisingly I got the first 2 (4 IVs each) but not the Vulpix. Eventually got a HA Vulpix (with great Egg moves!) for trading a trash nature Xerkitree but the trades still surprised me nonetheless.

No doubt. I've gotten Buzzwole, Kartana, Solgaleo, Milotic, and more just from some bred Beast Ball Trubbish.

Just had my first black out. I was hatching eggs on Poni Coast. I ran into the dugtrio. With only 1 party member they couldn't run and got KOd. I also laughed at how my trainer fled to the last visited Pokemon center...which was on the first island. Kind of got a vision of them running for an awful long time...

Lesson learned. In these situations, hold a smoke ball.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got a Tapu Lele with a +sp att nature and good IVs, but the nature is Quiet (-speed)...

It has max speed IVs, would a choice scarf+max speed investment be enough to still outspeed most everything? Mainly gonna be using this for Battle Tree.
Try again, Lele is only 95 speed and needs it all.

Wii Tank

Only got two requests from the other thread so I figured I'd try here:

Giving away some 6IV shiny Japanese ditto to gaffers. ~10 available. Instructions in email tag, quote to view.

One per person. Will start sending them out at ~3PMEST

Hope I'm not too late on this!

Guys, could you please suggest me a good guide to build and train a competitive team for beginners?
Not that I plan to play vs. real people, I just would like to climb the Battle Tree.

Maligna

Banned
Can't decide who to put in my sixth spot on my team!

Mismagius or Lycanroc. Who's least used by other players in your experience? I like to be different. :p

Pokémon is so serious

Paying attention for like five minutes while playing helps since they give concise explanations for literally everything in the game from move effects to abilities. Pokémon being difficult to play or understand competitively is an absolute myth.

Wiseblade

Guys, could you please suggest me a good guide to build and train a competitive team for beginners?
Not that I plan to play vs. real people, I just would like to climb the Battle Tree.
Climbing the Battle Tree is very different from playing against other people. I don't know if anyone's put out a guide for for the Battle Tree yet, but the thing I've found most useful is Mimikyu with this set:

Mimikyu @ Lum Berry/Red Card/Ghostinium Z
Adamant nature
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6HP

- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu's Disguise ability effectively lets it ignore one hit for free, meaning it is almost always able to sneak in a Swords Dance and hit for double its normal attack power Play Rough and Shadow Claw cover a good range of types and Shadow Sneak's effect of "always" going first makes it perfect for finishing off weakened foes or getting a cheeky hit on something that would otherwise outspeed and hit Mimikyu hard.

In Gen VI I lurked smogon. Here is the Gen VI version of the thread:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-tree-discussion-thread-leaderboard-eventually.3587215/
That should give you some idea of strategies you can run and who to partner with who. For example while Dragonite or Garchomp are great you wouldn't want to run both of them.

The Lamp

Paying attention for like five minutes while playing helps since they give concise explanations for literally everything in the game from move effects to abilities. Pokémon being difficult to play or understand competitively is an absolute myth.

When you're done being a condescending elitist, maybe you can explain to me where in the game it tells me what SOS is or what setting up Trubbish with recycle for switching a leppa berry means or what an Entrainment user is.

Got a shiny Cubone after only 37 encounters and did it in a little more than 10 minutes. Hidden ability too so I'll have a Marowak with Rock Head which is pretty cool. Problem is it's Bold nature lol.

Crayolan

When you're not being a condescending elitist, maybe you can explain to me where in the game it tells me what SOS is or what setting up Trubbish with recycle for switching a leppa berry means or what an Entrainment user is.

While knowing what every term means and what every move or berry effect does is something you have to just get to know over time, learning the basics of getting into competitive battling isn't that difficult as of gen 6. I don't know about the game teaching you anything like that but there are plenty of guides around the internet which explain the basics of natures, IVs, EVs, and whatever else you need to know.

You don't need to know about specific berry effects, what recycle does, or what an entrainment user is to get into competitive, those are only used for very specific situations to help find pokemon with rare abilities or better stats. You do need to know what an SOS is though--that'd be whenever a wild pokemon calls for help.

Lucario

Second round of ditto are going out 8pm EST. Same deal as last time, quote to see details.

I also have some (legit, untouched, hatched myself on a separate cart from my hackmon) 5-6IV Jolly Riolu w/ Bullet Punch in Love Balls if anybody wants one.

Top Bottom