• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Trading Card Game |OT| Gotta Collect them all!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Can we just ban Forest of Giant Plants?
Why? Because you got tired of encountering Deciplume Decks in the Standard Format? or because of the upcoming Grass type Phantump the Item Lock Trevenant from XY is about to blow up in the Expaded Format thanks to Forest of Giant Plants?

johnsmith

remember me
God, all anybody is playing on ptcgo is passimian/mew. Makes it useless for testing decks when you never play any real meta decks.

Why? Because you got tired of encountering Deciplume Decks in the Standard Format? or because of the upcoming Grass type Phantump the Item Lock Trevenant from XY is about to blow up in the Expaded Format thanks to Forest of Giant Plants?
Yep. As a GreninjaBreak player, it sucks and as someone who plays Wailord EX. It sucks more

Made top 32 in SLC regionals. Aww yeah.

Congratulations

Killing a newly rotated Active Pokemon EX with Pyukumuku feels so good. In my last two games, I got 6-7 heads. God, what a rush. And I didn't have to re-flip! (I run a Victini).

I could just feel their shock when their Pokemon would just float diagonally for too long before going into the discard pile, haha.

Decks with EXs and GXs out the wazoo are so zzz. Feels great beating these boring-ass decks with Pyuku. It's not always so smooth, though *sigh*. Not smooth at all, haha. But I definitely love this deck--it's a lot of fun. So much so I'm actually using it in Versus (Not too big on PVP against randoms. I get stressed).

8c60fff7d0.png

A silly deck is just what I needed to only get half stressed, I guess.

771ad77872.png

I need 4 Sun & Moon Sharpedo for an ultimate touch-me-and-you'll get-hurt deck; I'd love to incorporate them. It would be gross.

Gonna put up a holo Oranguru and reverse holo Charizard from XY Evolutions for them (2 holo, 2 reverse). I hope someone bites.

MacAttack

I'm going for the full art N reward but damn it's a grind.
How often do you get through all three tiers of the ladder? I think I've only done it it once before and I'm not sure I'm going to get there this time.
too much overwatch!

Oh hey I'm back!

Been deciding if I wanted to get the newest/current set released about a month ago here. Kinda held off because, while I want the cards out of a purely for fun pack cracking session, the current Sun/Moon series has a bad reputation this time around in Japan. The pull rate is not high enough for a lot of people and their are complaints. I don't particularly mind though as it's just for fun for me.

Also tried playing a few rounds with my friends in the office lol (don't tell our boss) it was pretty fun, though my Japanese sucks so I had to try a bit harder to understand the trainer effects.

Kinda been playing the entire field with hobby's at the moment but this one was enjoyable.

johnsmith

remember me
Full guardians rising set list
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/04/full-guardians-rising-set-list

Nothing too surprising other than the rayquaza promo. Probalby the best energy acceleration option for evolved GX decks at the moment.

#106 Rayquaza – Colorless – HP120
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Turbo Storm: 30 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Dragon Claw: 80 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Rayquaza-Lycanrock-CoroCoro-Deck.jpg

Decided to buy my first Pokemon cards in around 10 years today and picked up a Lycanroc GX box. Pretty good pulls from the packs, Umbreon GX Full Art, Alakazam EX and Garchomp holo. Lycanroc GX is annoyingly damaged though.

johnsmith

remember me
Get yourself a guardians rising booster box for $76 on ebay

Take $15 off Purchases of $75+
Don't miss out on this offer to save on something special for yourself or Mom.

Use code PSHOPSAVE15.

Shop Now
Ends today at 6PM PT.

Guys are the original set of cards from when Pokemon first came out worth anything? Reason I'm asking is because I found my binder filled with cards that I collected and gave them to my brother to show my niece since she loves Pokemon. I was thinking of just giving her the cards, but if their worth anything I could just sell them and get her something else instead. Is there a website I can check the value of the cards without having to use something like ebay? I know I have some 1st editions and multiples of some cards like the last evolutions of the three starters. I also got a hold of some pocketmonster cards somehow when I was a kid. Thanks for any help.

Card Boy

Banned
Guys are the original set of cards from when Pokemon first came out worth anything? Reason I'm asking is because I found my binder filled with cards that I collected and gave them to my brother to show my niece since she loves Pokemon. I was thinking of just giving her the cards, but if their worth anything I could just sell them and get her something else instead. Is there a website I can check the value of the cards without having to use something like ebay? I know I have some 1st editions and multiples of some cards like the last evolutions of the three starters. I also got a hold of some pocketmonster cards somehow when I was a kid. Thanks for any help.

lol yes. Check out ebay or Troll and Toad. Check out the Charizard price especially :)

If you have a true first edition Charizard you are sitting on a gold mine.

I live in Taipei.

My nephews wanted me to bring them some Japanese cards when I head home to Canada in June for the summer vacation.

I have no idea why they insisted I should get the Japanese cards. Anyway, this is what I got them. Comments, opinions, suggestions? Is this a "good" haul?

MLzHdTh_d.jpg

12 Tapu Leles in 1000 packs (9 RA, 3 FA, 0 RR)
113 Total RA GX's pulled
40 Total FA GX's pulled
15 Total RR GX's Pulled
9 Total FA Trainers Pulled
6 Total SR Trainers Pulled

https://www.reddit.com/r/ptcgo/comments/689cwc/guardians_rising_data_from_deriums/
The video is even funnier

I live in Taipei.

My nephews wanted me to bring them some Japanese cards when I head home to Canada in June for the summer vacation.

I have no idea why they insisted I should get the Japanese cards. Anyway, this is what I got them. Comments, opinions, suggestions? Is this a "good" haul?

MLzHdTh_d.jpg

Good stuff. That's easily enough to get started

Miles X

Anyone else pre ordered a Guardians Rising Booster Box?? Wondering if the pull rates are going to be as consistant as SuMo.

johnsmith

remember me
I did. And yeah the numbers look the same as SuMo.

Will probably stop by at the game store today and pick some packs up. Stores that held prereleases can start selling early.

Busaiku

I got 6 total Ultra Rares, no Rainbows/Secrets.
2 of those were Full Arts, no Supporters.

I got 5 Sun and Moon boxes, I think only 1 didn't have at least 1 Rainbow or Secret. Only 2 of those had less than 7 Ultra Rares.

So I definitely think it's much worse now.

johnsmith

remember me
Just opened my first box. 6 regular GX, 1 full art GX. No Tapu Lele. Just bought it to throw some support to my local game shop since I get so many free packs from their weekly free tournament.

3 choice bands and 3 water patches, 2 field blowers, these will probably be worth more than some GXes.

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-is-for-alternate-in-the-pokemon-tcg/

Big news regarding alternate art promos

A new symbol will be appearing on some Pokémon TCG cards: the Yellow A Alternate symbol. This symbol may appear when a card is reprinted with a new illustration. For example, the Jolteon-EX that appears in the Mega Powers Collection is an alternate illustration of Jolteon-EX from the Generations expansion, so it has the Yellow A Alternate symbol in the bottom right corner of the card.

In the past, cards like these were typically printed as Black Star Promo cards. In some cases, that caused the card to be legal for tournament play in the Standard format for a much longer period of time. For example: Yveltal-EX was released in 2014 as part of the XY expansion, which is no longer legal in the Standard format—however, the Shiny version of the same Yveltal-EX was released two years later as a Black Star Promo card, which continues to be legal in Standard long after the original card would have rotated out.

Yellow A Alternate cards will be legal for tournament play only in formats where the original card is legal. Any card with the Yellow A Alternate symbol will have the same expansion symbol as the original card, and the same collector number with an added “a” to denote that it's an alternate illustration. (If there are multiple alternate illustrations for the same card, those will be numbered accordingly—28b, 28c, etc.)

JoeM86

Went to the Guardians Rising launch press event last night and pulled these within just 6 packs

C-1yORcXoAETHRU.jpg

Also a Wishiwashi GX but that was after

I'm happy

johnsmith

remember me
Pulls from 2 boxes. At least I pulled a Lele, and a secret rare leaf blower, but I'm totally cursed. Again I pull full arts and rainbow rares of the worst GX in the set. Solid trainer pulls, but didn't even get a play set of garbordor.

7oBPqa6.jpg

MVi21oi.jpg

Miles X

Went to the Guardians Rising launch press event last night and pulled these within just 6 packs

C-1yORcXoAETHRU.jpg

I'm happy

Awesome luck there! I hope the pulls really aren't as bad as SuMo. I did well with my booster box but the 25+ single packs I bought after that amounted to very little ...

Pulls from 2 boxes. At least I pulled a Lele, and a secret rare leaf blower, but I'm totally cursed. Again I pull full arts and rainbow rares of the worst GX in the set. Solid trainer pulls, but didn't even get a play set of garbordor.

7oBPqa6.jpg

MVi21oi.jpg

Ugh I think all the rainbow rares suck/look ugly. Not sure what they were thinking with that style ...

I really want an Aqua Patch RR but not getting my hopes up!

Played for the first time today! A buddy from work taught me and I bought 4 theme decks to try at home with my wife. Lots of salt on the kitchen table tonight.

Card Boy

Banned
Haven't paid attention to this game in 15 years. I wonder if anyone uses any OG cards in modern decks.

You can't as they are not legal and are balanced in different ways. Ignoring legality look at the balance of Charizard for example, different damage, HP, resistances and card costings.

p8dglmq0v7b3rnt91tyu.jpg

Scarecrow

You can't as they are not legal and are balanced in different ways. Ignoring legality look at the balance of Charizard for example, different damage, HP, resistances and card costings.

p8dglmq0v7b3rnt91tyu.jpg

Interesting. I'll stick to the GBC game.

What other legacy cards have been rebalanced?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Regarding Guardians Rising there's not many cards I want from this set this time around so instead of buying any box I think I will simply wait a few weeks for prices to completely settle in and buy the singles I want online.

I see two positives and one negative that comes out of this change/update.

Positives:
1-We are now more likely to get the reprint sets that have been exclusive to Japan so far in the West such as the Premium Champion Pack and Best of X and Y.

2-We can get new Alternative Artwork Cards without worrying about extending that card's life span in the Standard Format.

Negatives:
1-This further encourages TPCi to NOT make Full Art varients for future EX/GX cards in any given set so they can sell us that Full Art/Alternative Art Card later at obnoxious prices.

For example instead of giving Jolteon-EX a Full Art varient when it released they are now telling me to go buy a $50 box if I want 1 copy of it instead and I mean sure I can buy the card alone online but I get the picture.

Busaiku

2 more boxes, still only like 6 regular GX or better.
Really not liking this ratio.

At least I got 4 Tapu Lele, including a Full Art and Rainbow.

Wulfric

C-1yORcXoAETHRU.jpg

I'm happy

Well of course they make sure your packs are loaded so you write nice things about them :p

The textures on those cards are fun to run your finger over imo.

Regarding Guardians Rising there's not many cards I want from this set this time around so instead of buying any box I think I will simply wait a few weeks for prices to completely settle in and buy the singles I want online.

I see two positives and one negative that comes out of this change/update.

Positives:
1-We are now more likely to get the reprint sets that have been exclusive to Japan so far in the West such as the Premium Champion Pack and Best of X and Y.

2-We can get new Alternative Artwork Cards without worrying about extending that card's life span in the Standard Format.

Negatives:
1-This further encourages TPCi to NOT make Full Art varients for future EX/GX cards in any given set so they can sell us that Full Art/Alternative Art Card later at obnoxious prices.

For example instead of giving Jolteon-EX a Full Art varient when it released they are now telling me to go buy a $50 box if I want 1 copy of it instead and I mean sure I can buy the card alone online but I get the picture.

InB4 Shaymin EX gets reprinted in a new set

So when are guardian rising packs going to be available inside the app to purchase for coins? Says available May 5th... when is it officially May 5th so i can grab some of these online?

JoeM86

Well of course they make sure your packs are loaded so you write nice things about them :p

The textures on those cards are fun to run your finger over imo.

Yeah but my girlfriend, who was also invited to the event due to her own merits, got practically nothing haha

Top Bottom