• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon Veteran Trainer’s Dual Pack for US

ggx2ac

Link: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...nnounces-Special-Edition-Fire-Emblem-Warriors

Didn't see anyone post this considering it included the Fire Emblem Warriors LE in the link which was already posted.

Poke_Bundle.jpg

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon Veteran Trainer’s Dual Pack

This dual pack, which will be available at select retailers, includes both the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as 16 art cards. Fans also will receive a digital download card for 200 Poké Balls. This special dual pack goes on sale Nov. 17 at a suggested retail price of $79.99. For more information about Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, visit http://pokemon.com/ultrasunmoon

Summary:

- Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon dual pack for $80
- Only at select retailers
- Comes with 16 Art cards
- A code to download 200 Poké balls

Release date is still November 17th.

Hazu

Wow.. these "art cards" are the laziest thing I've ever seen. Why even bother? :/

Seriously, why can't they even release a proper Pokemon Collector's Edition? People would go crazy over that.

Garryk

Why did we need ultra versions of these games? I don't play Pokemon, but my kid is showing interest so I'm curious.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is that... some sort of new Deoxys form on the cover? You can see half of its face on each game's box

No, it's most likely to be Necrozma true form when he shed his prism armour.

Why did we need ultra versions of these games? I don't play Pokemon, but my kid is showing interest so I'm curious.

It's pretty much the expanded version of the basic version with new story, characters, features, Pokémon form and location.

spad3

Is that... some sort of new Deoxys form on the cover? You can see half of its face on each game's box

You mean Solgaleo and Lunala?

The image the guy above is talking about:

3ZwR4jc.jpg

You see it on the box art to the side of each respective legendary.

I had a theory on this image in another thread:

I love how diff people put different pieces on the board but let's now put put 2 and 2 together:

pokemon-ultra-sun-and-moon-ds1-670x376-constrain.jpg

What we see here is Solgaleo and Lunala with aspects of Necrozma all over them.

Now we see this mysterious light with eyes in the above image...

My assumption is that light with eyes is Necrozma's new form when it sheds its prism armor. The armor connects with Solgaleo/Lunala to give them new forms, but the remainder from within the shell emerges as a being of just light.

Necrozma's Moon Entry:

Necrozma
Prism Pokemon
"Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams"

Calling it now, Necrozma Light Form incoming.

Also, new forms for existing Pokemon [especially legendaries] during the same generation isn't a new thing. Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem all got additional forms in the same generation they were introduced...all notably not in the original games they were introduced in...

Btw, It's shape is literally a star. There's your Pokemon Stars everyone.

Thread Link

Adding art cards makes it significantly better than the ORAS bundle, at least.

Still nothing compared to the steel book or the Pokemon company's web store bonuses though

Giga Man

No, thanks. I'm done buying both versions of Pokemon games. Tried it for the first time with X & Y, realized it was a bad idea with Sun & Moon.

True Pokemon veterans know you always want an ample supply of Pokeballs on hand. You never know when a rare Pokemon is going to show up, like a Fearow or something.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
All these random release dates, trailers, game feature reveals, and collector's edition announcements in the last two weeks make me wonder if Nintendo had a Direct planned, something got messed up in its production, and then they chopped up everything to be distributed via Twitter and YouTube.

Anyway, more on topic, I'm curious how big the demand is for not only the dual pack but the collector's edition as well. As a casual Pokémon fan, it's hard for me to understand the appeal. So I wonder how big of an audience this product appeals to.

Top Bottom