• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY Final Starter Evos leak thread. (NO OTHER LEAK DISCUSSION ALLOWED!!!)

phanphare

Banned
gonna have to go Froakie/Bulbasaur for sure

those other two

woof
Jacquie-Coe-buzz-14.png

Soma

Greninja > *

Been warming up to Delphox a lot.

No amount of fanart has been able to make Chesnaught look good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait... so the psychic/fighting/dark triangle lines up with the fire/grass/water one? I wasn't really thinking about it, thought they would gain advantages to balance out, rather than just lose more to each other. Fully expected the triangles to oppose. Interesting, I guess.

Grass/dark would have too many weaknesses. This way it's actually interesting as far as movesets go.

markot

Banned
The final evolutions hardly look like their starter forms these days.

I think they try to make them look too 'cool' or tough. Its bad.

Platy

I think this is the first time I look at the starters and their evolutions and I have NO IDEA what to choose on first look

My favorite would be Chespin, Foxy 2nd evo and Froakie 3rd evo

I can't have anything =/

Will probably go with froakie since charmander is set on stone

I like them all, water is surprised me as the favorite, but anything they made was going to fall short of mega Ampharos. Kind of shot themselves in the foot with that glorious beast.

Laieon

I love Greninja and Chestnaught, don't really like Delphox at all. I've been planning on going Froakie since the games were announced, but I think I might actually like Chestnaught the most. Maybe I'll just not evolve Froakie.

Drago

Can we talk about moves here too? Does Chesnaught have a signature move yet that we know of?
He does, called Spiky Shield. Apparently it's basically reflect but it deals 1/2 the damage back at the opponent iirc. Dunno if that was confirmed though.

I don't love or hate any of them. Delphox is pretty neat in concept, but is one of the plainest designs I've ever seen in the franchise (played up to Ruby/Sapphire). Since I'll be going the Charmander route, it's unlikely I'll choose a third fire type when accounting for Torchic.

Greninja is actually my favorite design in execution and I'm intrigued by the type combo.

Chesnaught is another good on paper, poor execution. I'm also pretty wary of grass types, due to their overall weakness. However, I expect this to have a decent HP/Defense, though really slow. I also hate the design of Chespin and the 2nd evo.

So, with all that in account, I'll probably look into Froakie/Charmander in X as my primary, and Fennekin/Bulbasaur (or Squirtle) in Y. Sorry Chespin.

PK Gaming

#TeamFennekin annihilated

Thanks to the mod who changed that one Pokemon thread title to "lord fennekin arises"
If only that were true

:(

Veitsev

All Chesnaught needs is shorter limbs and a color change to match his previous forms. Completely wasted opportunity. I don't understand why he is white/tan now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1380764978548epsc9.png

All Chesnaught needs is shorter limbs and a color change to match his previous forms. Completely wasted opportunity. I don't understand why he is white/tan now.

It's not supposed to be brown because it's an armor. Its skin is not the armor. Its wearing an armor.

Nope. There are clearer images that match it. Those are its colors.

Clearer, but still not accurate colors like in an official shot. We'll have to wait and see.

Delphox is a major disappointment, Chesnaught looks more like a Digimon, and Greninja isn't too shabby.

Korra.gif

Espada

Greninja, easily. This has probably been the easiest generation for me to pick a starter, the ninja frog looks awesome. It doesn't help that I find Delphox and Chesnaught really ugly.

Top Bottom