Pokebomb: Mega Charizard 2.0 - How to Train Your Dragon

StreetsAhead

Jun 13, 2011
Charizard was confirmed to have a 2nd Mega Evolution just now during the Pokemon Origins broadcast in Japan.

More details to come as screens hopefully get shown off.

Mega Charizard X - Fire/Dragon (Video: http://youtu.be/2WFoT9oGtfc)
It is also to be a Fire/Dragon-type Pokémon with the new ability of Tough Claws which improves the power of Physical attacks. Its Attack stat is increased.

Mega Charizard Y - Fire/Flying

They appear to be version exclusives, like the Mewtwo Mega forms.

Milennia

Sep 25, 2013
This is not my true form.

Maybe its just a condition thing? Area dependent , or just the mewtwo deal where its x and y specific .

But i cant see that happening for charizard as mewtwo is a legendary, if charizard gets a version specific, maybe all starters do?

Also could be a level specific thing.

KojiKnight

May 24, 2012
Charizard was confirmed to have a 2nd Mega Evolution just now during the Pokemon Origins broadcast in Japan.

More details to come as hopefully official art and screens get shown off.

Image:

1st Mega Charizard:
Starting to wonder if all of the mega evolutions aren't "version" specific (IE you have to get the items from said version)

Flutterborn

Oct 27, 2012
Man that shiny Charizard looks badass in 3D

ED: Wait, it's not black because it's shiny? That megaevo is always black?

zeopower6

Jul 29, 2012
This is getting ridiculous, tbh. Why is X so black and then Y is just normally colored Charizard?!

NotLiquid

Aug 30, 2012
Seriously fuck this I don't want X. I'm sick of Deer Pokémon but now I have to deal with that to get this Charizard.

mui

Neo Member
Jun 30, 2013
Does that mean there are two mega evolutions for every starter? I don't think they will give only charizard a special treatment.

fisheyes

Mar 3, 2008
Where's my badass MegaBlastoiseX, then? Charizard is a loser choice, though I will admit the newest form looks very cool.

Killah

Apr 12, 2013
Guess I'll be getting both X and Y...first time in years I've gotten both versions.

Mr. Fix

Nov 14, 2011
While they both do look awesome, and I like how Charizard Y looks like a wyvern, X is leagues better. These new designs man..

Sami+

May 2, 2013
Tallahassee
I actually kind of prefer Y's look, haha. I'm still getting X though. Maybe I'll trade if X's design doesn't grow on me. Probably will though, the spikes on his shoulders are the only part that looks weird to me.

KojiKnight

May 24, 2012
Well if there is a Mega Venusaur X, we already know it's better than Venusaur Y.... So yeah, X is the way to go. Damn... I hope they made enough X versions.

Nov 17, 2010
Man, I prefer Charizard X by miles but Mewtwo Y. This shit is too hard.

#TeamBlastoise anyway so not like it matters. Hopefully he has another, better one (wasn't really feeling the one we know of already). Gimme dat and I can switch back to #TeamX and the majestic glory of Xerneas despite the inferior Mewtwo.