• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokebomb: Mega Charizard 2.0 - How to Train Your Dragon

I don't mind this as long as the stones are able to be traded between versions. If they're inexplicably tied to their home version or miraculously transform into their opposite version when traded, then that's a heap of shit.

Also I hope this doesn't mean that the Megastoise we've seen up to now is also X exclusive and a Y exclusive that looks dumber ends up being revealed

Swarna

One of my earliest posts expressed my desire for mega Charizard to be a physical Fire/Dragon-type but I said it would be unlikely.

I am shitting my pants now. Pokémon just went from "meh" to "day 1 purchase" for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The so-called "third version" doesn't exist anymore. There won't be a Z.

Why not? Has this been confirmed or something?

Even if it's something like X2 and Y2 I'll still wait.

Zalman

Why not? Has this been confirmed or something?

Even if it's something like X2 and Y2 I'll still wait.
It's more than likely because it's a smart business decision. There are always people out there who buy both versions.

Anyway, BW2 were completely different games, so you'd be missing out by not playing the first. I expect the same thing to happen this generation.

Poyunch

It's more than likely because it's a smart business decision. There are always people out there who buy both versions.

Anyway, BW2 were completely different games, so you'd be missing out by not playing the first. I expect the same thing to happen this generation.
And there are many people who will also buy the third.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I know there are differences in story and the way you progress through the world in BW2, but it's not really a completely different game. You still catch a lot of the same Pokemon and you're still going through the same towns pretty much.

I'm not a mega Poke-fan like I once was, so I'm completely fine with waiting a couple years to see what their plans are for either a third game or a sequel or whatever. I don't plan on double dipping on what is essentially the same game.

Firestorm

BW2 looked like considerably more work than it would have taken to make a Grey or whatever and I'm pretty sure it didn't provide much of a boost in sales over what the third versions would usually do. Saying "Z won't exist" is just talking out of your ass.
I know there are differences in story and the way you progress through the world in BW2, but it's not really a completely different game. You still catch a lot of the same Pokemon and you're still going through the same towns pretty much.

I'm not a mega Poke-fan like I once was, so I'm completely fine with waiting a couple years to see what their plans are for either a third game or a sequel or whatever. I don't plan on double dipping on what is essentially the same game.
If you're not a Mega Fan why not just get this one then? The third version isn't usually much different for a casual player. Most of the stuff people love about them is the hardcore post-game stuff. I think a casual player would get more out of the games -- especially this generation -- but playing X or Y during the release window where everybody is going through the game for the first time.

Top Bottom