• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokebomb: Mega Charizard 2.0 - How to Train Your Dragon

Charizard was confirmed to have a 2nd Mega Evolution just now during the Pokemon Origins broadcast in Japan.

More details to come as screens hopefully get shown off.

Mega Charizard X - Fire/Dragon (Video: http://youtu.be/2WFoT9oGtfc)
igbApEr4YjNAX.png

It is also to be a Fire/Dragon-type Pokémon with the new ability of Tough Claws which improves the power of Physical attacks. Its Attack stat is increased.

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

Mega Charizard Y - Fire/Flying
charizard.png

They appear to be version exclusives, like the Mewtwo Mega forms.

Milennia

This is not my true form.

Maybe its just a condition thing? Area dependent , or just the mewtwo deal where its x and y specific .

But i cant see that happening for charizard as mewtwo is a legendary, if charizard gets a version specific, maybe all starters do?

Also could be a level specific thing.

Charizard was confirmed to have a 2nd Mega Evolution just now during the Pokemon Origins broadcast in Japan.

More details to come as hopefully official art and screens get shown off.

Image:
origins.jpg

1st Mega Charizard:
charizard.png

Starting to wonder if all of the mega evolutions aren't "version" specific (IE you have to get the items from said version)

NotLiquid

Seriously fuck this I don't want X. I'm sick of Deer Pokémon but now I have to deal with that to get this Charizard.

mui

Neo Member
Does that mean there are two mega evolutions for every starter? I don't think they will give only charizard a special treatment.

fisheyes

Where's my badass MegaBlastoiseX, then? Charizard is a loser choice, though I will admit the newest form looks very cool.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dang it, I thought Origins was supposed to be bullshit-free and an homage to the classic designs/games.

Forkball

X gets best legendary, best Mewtwo, and best Charizard. Can't wait to turn my level 100 FireRed Charizard I've had for nearly 10 years into this.

I wonder if the other starters have alternate versions. I mean there's gotta be a better Mega Venusaur right?

Mr. Fix

While they both do look awesome, and I like how Charizard Y looks like a wyvern, X is leagues better. These new designs man..

Sami+

I actually kind of prefer Y's look, haha. I'm still getting X though. Maybe I'll trade if X's design doesn't grow on me. Probably will though, the spikes on his shoulders are the only part that looks weird to me.

Well if there is a Mega Venusaur X, we already know it's better than Venusaur Y.... So yeah, X is the way to go. Damn... I hope they made enough X versions.

Man, I prefer Charizard X by miles but Mewtwo Y. This shit is too hard.

#TeamBlastoise anyway so not like it matters. Hopefully he has another, better one (wasn't really feeling the one we know of already). Gimme dat and I can switch back to #TeamX and the majestic glory of Xerneas despite the inferior Mewtwo.

Top Bottom