• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black/White - Co-op, Website Battling, 3x3 Battles, Video Chat, and No Fanart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

• Professor Araragi leaves you, Cheren (the black-haired boy), and Belle (the blond girl) each a present and tells you to share it with them (they are your childhood friends). This is when you pick your starter. Sometimes you’ll battle your friends during your adventure. Belle is spontaneous and one of your two rivals. She also has a strong side to her that shows sometimes, such as when she goes out on her adventure against her father’s wishes. During your adventure she will have times where she will be unreliable as well, but she will grow as the story progresses. Cheren is very intelligent. He’s extremely trustworthy and will give you advice throughout your journey. His goal is to be a champion.

• When you pick your starter, the other two go to your two rivals Cheren and Belle. All three of you start your journey together at the same time, just like Ash, Gary, and the other Pallet Town Pokemon Trainers in the show and the three Gold and Silver trainers in the Legend of Raikou special.

• The game starts from Route 1, indicating that this region is much farther away than Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

• N will keep challenging you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokemon his “friends,” but one of the screenshots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokemon and divide them so that the world is black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokemon free from people. He’s looking for the power to grant these ideals.

• In 3-on-3 battles, if your Pokemon is, for example, on the far left, it won’t be able to hit a Pokemon on the far right. There is a button on the bottom left hand corner of the battle screen which is called “Move” and allows you to swap your Pokemon’s positions. Thus, a Pokemon on the far right can hit the opponent’s Pokemon that are on the far right as well as the middle. The magazine also says that if the Pokemon in the middle uses an attack that hits all Pokemon, then it will be very powerful.

• A new ability called Telepathy prevents Pokemon from receiving damage from teammates. For example, if a Pokemon has Telepathy in a two-on-two or three-on-three battle and one of your Pokemon uses Surf, the Pokemon with Telepathy will not be damaged.

• Rankurusu (the green cell) and Gochiruzeru (the black humanshaped Pokemon) are both version-exclusives, but it doesn’t say which is in which version.

• Pokemon White will exclusively feature White Forest while Pokemon Black will exclusively feature Black City.

• You can see Black City in the top left of the scan and White Forest right next to it. You can also see game screenshots of the two locations below their artwork.

• There will be cities that look different based on the version even though they are the same city. In the bottom two screenshots on the left page, you can see one city that looks different in both versions of the game.

• There is a new, unnamed attack which for one turn will cause all of your team members to avoid attacks that hit all team members.

• Musharna (ムシャーナ) is the Trance Pokemon and is a Psychic-type like its pre-evolution Munna. The dreams of Pokemon are inside its smoke; both Munna and Musharna give off this Dream Smoke. It has the abilities Forewarn and Synchronize, stands 1.1m tall, and weighs 60.5kg.

• If you obtain “Dream Smoke,” you can use a “Game Sync” to enable the uploading of your Black and White file to the Internet. Basically, it seems like “Dream Smoke” unlocks your ability to upload your game file.

• The player will receive the C Gear from Makomo, Professor Araragi’s friend, after they do something she asks. The C Gear has features for Wi-Fi, local wireless, and infrared.

• The High Link is a building at the center of Isshu through which you can connect to other players’ games. Using the High Link, you can travel to another player’s world and adventure with them together.

• With the DS’s infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.

• A new feature called Passing By will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey. It is part of the C Gear.

• The games have a Live Caster feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite), which allows you to use the DSi’s camera to talk to friends through video feed. Locally, you can talk to up to four people, while over Wi-Fi you can only talk to two. The Live Caster will have a pen and stamp tool so you can play with the pictures while using the video chat.

• Characters in the game will use the Live Caster feature to talk to you as well. o.o’ N is seen using this in the trailer that showed on Oha Suta a few weeks ago.

• As has been rumored for months, the two games will now support Kanji for Japanese players. Apparently, the game’s script will change a bit as well, perhaps since those who would change to Kanji are older players (will it be a little more detailed with more advanced vocabulary?). This feature won’t be in the English games because it’s a Japanese language thing.

• There is a new feature called Feeling Check that checks the compatibility of players. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rhythm.

• The Pokemon Global Link, which is the service that allows you to upload your Black and White save file to a special website, has two different modes: one where you have your Pokemon play in a dream and another where you can battle online. You can unlock the Global Link feature once you obtain Musharna, the evolution of Munna, meaning it is one of those “gimmick” Pokemon like Plusle and Minun were for 2-on-2 battles.

• If you are registered through the Pokemon Global Link, you can play online battles using a “Rating Mode” or “Random Match” mode at to the Global Terminal inside the Pokemon Center. It will send your battle results to a server and you can compare your results to other players to see who is a strong Trainer.

• In the World of Dreams, your Pokemon have their own rooms that they can play in and they can play mini-games with other Pokemon. Pokemon that your Pokemon becomes friends with in the dream world can be taken back to the real world, being your game; you can capture Pokemon not available in the Isshu PokeDex and transfer them to your games in this fashion. To transfer Pokemon to the computer and thus to the World of Dreams, there will be a new Game Sync option available through the C Gear, which allows you to choose one Pokemon to send to your computer.

Source: Pokebeach

tl;dr: RPGs of Forever.

Firestorm

Can we keep the fan art out of this one and in the other so this stays readable? Not to mention work safe considering how creepy some people get with the 10 year old protagonists...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
I'm still making the official thread. :p

*plots to have Wiseblade banned right before they come out*

Firestorm said:
Can we keep the fan art out of this one and in the other so this stats readable? Not to mention work safe considering how creepy some people get with the 10 year old protagonists...

I think they're confirmed to be like 14 this time.

Although that doesn't really make it that much better....

Yay thank you Andrex. We can use this topic to help eachother when the games come out in about 2 months!

I am so excited. I ordered White, which version are you others going to import? I'm going to buy both in English despite how crazy that is. I always buy all the versions of the main games. :D

Wiseblade said:
I'm still making the official thread. :p
Not if me or Andrex make it first huzzah!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The strangest bit of news to me is that the games start at Route 1. That means this possibly takes place in an entirely different nation as well as a different region. They somewhat introduced the idea of different nations with Looker, member of the "international police." This is possibly the first region ever not to be in a nation with the others.

Andrex said:
The strangest bit of news to me is that the games start at Route 1. That means this possibly takes place in an entirely different nation as well as a different region. They somewhat introduced the idea of different nations with Looker, member of the "international police." This is possibly the first region ever not to be in a nation with the others.

Shanghai China or New York City make your time take your pick.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
vectorman06 said:
Damn it. Thought this was the official new thread :s

It didn't have |OT| in the title so that should have clued you off. :p

MidnightScott said:
Shanghai China or New York City take your pick.

Wargle makes me think it's US, so NY. It's probably a mash-up of the two.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dedication Through Light said:
I hope legendaries arent found in the version specific location. I really dont wanna buy two versions :(
:lol Oh come on, look at the list of things diffrent between the two. Heck, if anything, I think Nintendo is hoping to get people to buy both version for them self this time.

Wonder if you will be able to transfer your save from on game to the other though that upload thing. Maybe into the next gen pokemon game, or a new pokemon stadium.

Firestorm

Dedication Through Light said:
I hope legendaries arent found in the version specific location. I really dont wanna buy two versions :(
Are people really that against the point of these games? Polemic is supposed to be a social experience. If you're buying both games to catch them all you're doing it wring. Go out there and trade.

Firestorm

Andrex said:

If they pulled a Toy Story 3 and made it star Red but 22 instead of 10 I'd be salivating.

Rocksteady33

MidnightScott said:
Shanghai China or New York City make your time take your pick.

059.gif

Firestorm said:
Are people really that against the point of these games? Polemic is supposed to be a social experience. If you're buying both games to catch them all you're doing it wring. Go out there and trade.

Impossible! Ill have my 3DS and DS and trade amonst myself with the third version, lol, why buy the *same* game twice?

DrKirby said:
Wonder if you will be able to transfer your save from on game to the other though that upload thing. Maybe into the next gen pokemon game, or a new pokemon stadium.

Pokemon Battle New Revolution is gonna look pretty awesome with the triple battle function. lol, though I can only imagine how ridiculous and zoomed out the screen will be with a team of three Dialgas. (Dialga, Zekrom, and Reshiram)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Crumpet Trumpet said:
Wow, really, co-op? How would that work?

There was a trailer from a couple weeks ago that showed the player walking through like a wall of light and he was transformed into one of the trainer classes. I'm thinking that has something to do with it.

Tiktaalik

Wow that's a crap load of new online features. That's a whole lot of new complexity to battling as well. I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Maybe a bit too complex? :lol

Well, this was certainly needed. Also, I don't remember when I was this hyped for a Pokémon game. SoulSilver is fantastic but this really seems like the big upgrade I was wishing for.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
If they pulled a Toy Story 3 and made it star Red but 22 instead of 10 I'd be salivating.

I think it would take more than 12 years for Route 1 (and by extensions Kanto->Isshu) to change so drastically. :lol By all accounts, B&W take place a while in the future, in a region/nation far, far away.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:

It'll be really good, I promise! I have most of it planned out already, I mostly waiting on getting confirmation of what Pokémon are available early in the game and the names of the Gym leaders. Virtually everything else I want is known as of today.

That's legal in some European countries! :D

:/

Firestorm

Tiktaalik said:
Wow that's a crap load of new online features. That's a whole lot of new complexity to battling as well. I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Maybe a bit too complex? :lol
Don't worry. If it's anything like the old games 90% of the battles will be Singles and the only times you'll need strategy are if you're underlevelled.

Next year's VGC should be interesting if it's triples though. Can't wait to make new gimmicks =]

And I just noticed that my phone autocorrected Pokemon to something weird in my post earlier.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also, how useless is local video chat? :lol

I hope 3DS has a FaceTime-like app built-in like Pictochat was.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Andrex said:
Also, how useless is local video chat? :lol

I hope 3DS has a FaceTime-like app built-in like Pictochat was.
Well, you see, if you and your friends are all in separate jail cells you can still talk face to face.

Ridley327

Cloud saves? That's kind of an incredible feature, but I wonder if it can be easily abused for trading purposes. I'm sure Nintendo has thought of this, but you never know.

Andrex I want your Friend Code for these games please! Don't forget!
Maybe we should make a club for the players of the Japanese games?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MidnightScott said:
Andrex I want your Friend Code for these games please! Don't forget!
Maybe we should make a club for the players of the Japanese games?

...but I won't be importing. :(

Technosteve said:
in japan is Pokemon like Dragon Quest? People of all ages play it?

Is it on a DS cart with DSi features?

Pokemon is like Dragon Quest, except worldwide, not just in Japan.

It's a DS cart with DSi features that can also be used on the 3DS when that comes out.

Technosteve said:
in japan is Pokemon like Dragon Quest? People of all ages play it?

Is it on a DS cart with DSi features?

Video Chat feature seems to be the DSi feature. So yes, it's on a DS cart, and it's more than likely region restricted when played on a DSi.

Andrex import it my PokéBro! ;_;

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I... I can't!
Sad01.gif

upandaway said:
Oh damn that pic's official?

So confirmed spring 2011, I didn't know it was 100%.

Yup, and it links to the official US B/W site.

I find it sad that I'll have a 3DS before I play this. But, I guess it for the better since then I could take advantage of the DSi features.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
QuiteWhittle said:
I find it sad that I'll have a 3DS before I play this. But, I guess it for the better since then I could take advantage of the DSi features.

That's my thought as well. By the time the 3DS launch hype where down I'll be saying bring on the Pokemon. :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
QuiteWhittle said:
Yeah, all of it.
Holy shit. If I didn't feel like playing Pokemon (or RPGs in general) was total busy work, I'd be really excited. Awesome for the fans.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, the website battling isn't playing the game online like one site reported? Hype -- but still ++.

I told myself Silver would be the last Pokemon game I buy but that website battle stuff is making me consider Black (and well... I've wanted a Black/White generation for about three generations now)

Triple Battle isn't something I'm keen on. Too many Pokemon in battle in doubles. Can't wait to see baton passing evasion raising sandstorms. :|

Poyunch

I really hope that Rankurusu is in White and Gochiruzeru is in Black. I hate Gochiruzeru and I hope they don't pull an M. Night like they did with Reshiram being the Black Version mascot and Zekrom being the mascot for White Version.

Varion

Firestorm said:
Judging by all the exclusive and altered areas they're adding I think they want people to buy both this time. It was one thing when it was just version exclusive Pokemon, but they're clearly trying to make the two versions more different this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom