• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black/White - Co-op, Website Battling, 3x3 Battles, Video Chat, and No Fanart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixus

All sounds brill, will be getting this alongside a shiny new 3DS (if release schedules match of course).

BTW, is Black & White the official order of the two games, or is it White & Black? A trivial question I know, but for every Pokemon gen thus far I've purchased the first one in the name line eg. Red, Gold, Ruby, etc, so I'll end up doing the same here since I have no preference to each version's differences. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Phoenixus said:
All sounds brill, will be getting this alongside a shiny new 3DS (if release schedules match of course).

BTW, is Black & White the official order of the two games, or is it White & Black? A trivial question I know, but for every Pokemon gen thus far I've purchased the first one in the name line eg. Red, Gold, Ruby, etc, so I'll end up doing the same here since I have no preference to each version's differences. :D

Black and White, which means you're getting Reshiram aka the white guy as your legendary, as well as Black City and possible either the cell or the black humanoid lolita.

Mush

Big Ass Ramp said:
reshiram.jpg

zekrom.jpg

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Stencil said:
They honest to god have jet engines instead of tails?? Wha... No... I can't...
:lol Just embrace it, man. Welcome to Generation V!

Honestly, since HeartGold I have been like a kid again when it comes to Pokemon. It's such a cute and accessible series, but so deep and varied at the same time. Maybe some of the designs aren't what they used to be, sure, but I'll be jeggered if it ain't the same simple formula of travel the land, catch rare beasts and share the experience with friends that still gives me butterflies in my stomach as a grown man.

Cannot wait for all this new shit.

Stencil said:
They honest to god have jet engines instead of tails?? Wha... No... I can't...
you can't what?? WHAT?!? don't leave me hanging!!

R.I.P old thread, you were epic.
but i will still wait for Grey, no turning back!

Delio

Aww *pours one for the old thread* I wont be importing but i cant wait to swim in all the info that will come from the games.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well. It definitely sounds like they have some fairly ambitious extensions to the franchise planned! Should be a marvelous swan song for the DS here in the West!

Neo Child

Banned
Andrex said:
Black and White, which means you're getting Reshiram aka the white guy as your legendary, as well as Black City and possible either the cell or the black humanoid lolita.

it fucks up when you get to diamond/pearl though,

since all the first games colours have been closest to red!

red = red
gold = red
ruby = red
diamond = blue, pearl = pink (close to red)

blue = blue
silver = blue
sapphire = blue
pearl = pink (close to red), so it swaps order...

b/w is just odd, but i cant wait, look like the most feature packed pokemon game yet! i hope they dont forget contests!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cromat said:
Question: is the co-op through WiFi or local wireless only? or is not confirmed yet?

People in this thread are saying it's Wi-Fi. I have my doubts.

SaintZ

All these features sound pretty awesome! I want those games now @_@! (Unfortunately, I promised myself to fill the Pokedex from SS before buying Black and I still have a long way to go :S).

Oh, and Makomo (the professor's pal) also has some funky hair :lol

wanders

I wonder why the cities are different between the versions. One looks futuristic while the other looks more natural ? Hmm are they suggesting their set in different times? That wouldn't make sense though... Anyways I like the theme of "black and white" Cant' wait!:D

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I really like Kibago. Make him blue and he'd be a better starter than that stupid Wotter dude. :lol

I hope he evolves into something like a Hadrosaurid, particularly the Charonosaurus, my favorite dino :D

charonosaurus01-1-1-1.jpg

and Minezumi is awesome too. All paranoid and shit a ground squirrel.

Kodiak said:
I really like Kibago. Make him blue and he'd be a better starter than that stupid Wotter dude.

I hope he evolves into something like a Hadrosaurid, particularly the Charonosaurus, my favorite dino :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Cielag/dinosaurs/charonosaurus01-1-1-1.jpg[/QUOTE]

lol, someone else is with me on the Dinosaur idea, !!! Woot

Gravijah

Kodiak said:
I really like Kibago. Make him blue and he'd be a better starter than that stupid Wotter dude. :lol

charonosaurus01-1-1-1.jpg

and Minezumi is awesome too. All paranoid and shit a ground squirrel.

Stupid Wotter? Man, you're dead to me.

Balb

Kind of unrelated but I hope to god they do b/w justice and give it a console battling game similar to Pokemon Stadium 2, as opposed to Pokemon Battle Revolution which was painfully feature-lite.

The info sounds great, but the new Pokemon designs just keep getting worse and worse >_<. I wonder how long it'll take for us to get only a handful of new Pokemon in each new installment.

Let me in

This sounds like a lot of fun, especially the online modes. Will there be any easy way to transfer your old pokemon from a game like Diamond to this one?

upandaway

darkpaladinmfc said:
The info sounds great, but the new Pokemon designs just keep getting worse and worse >_<. I wonder how long it'll take for us to get only a handful of new Pokemon in each new installment.
I see you missed the eagle.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am shocked that people didn't notice jet tail until now? I thought everyone would notice at their first picture like I did.

Also I really hope that coop in pokemon game would be cool. Would love to have my own partner that know how to use pokemon. :p

darkpaladinmfc said:

Just asking, you don't like Wargle, kibago, zebra, crocodile, fire ape, three starters, pigeon and all that?

I thought they were awesome...

TreIII

Alrighty. Looks like I'll be importing White and then buying Black domestic. Nice to see PKMN really going for some truly nice features this time around. I look forward to the Co-op aspect. :D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I thought Kibago eventually evolved into that crazy axe-tusked gold dragon thing? I mean there's no evidence of this except that both seem to have unusual tusk-like extentions from their mouths and are a bit Dragon-ey (certainly Kibago is Dragon type.)

Also, while we know what elements Reshiram and Zekrom are do we know what type both are? As in, do they represent anything like how Dialga and Palkia represented time and space?

Poyunch

SovanJedi said:
I thought Kibago eventually evolved into that crazy axe-tusked gold dragon thing? I mean there's no evidence of this except that both seem to have unusual tusk-like extentions from their mouths and are a bit Dragon-ey (certainly Kibago is Dragon type.)

Also, while we know what elements Reshiram and Zekrom are do we know what type both are? As in, do they represent anything like how Dialga and Palkia represented time and space?
I'm still going with Natural (Reshiram) vs. Man-made (Zekrom). But this sort of backfires now that Reshiram as a jet-engined butt as well. I thought it was just going to be like a giant torch but nope it's another engine-butt.

RagnarokX

SovanJedi said:

Yin and yang.

DarkWish

Looks like the September issue of CoroCoro is actually going to release on August 11th instead of August 15th. It will supposedly have something called The Mastery Document which will have lots of new info on Black and White, as well as a massive batch of new Pokemon, according to Serebii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom