• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl first week sales: best ever for the series

Beezy

rho6px.jpg

vasuba

Banned
The News article seems to suggest those are 1 day sales and we know for sure nintendo had 900k more for the next day

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
vasuba said:
The News article seems to suggest those are 1 day sales and we know for sure nintendo had 900k more for the next day

i cant view the page at work can you drop the text wher eyou think it says that?

ethelred

Bubububu that can't be because we all know the DS is just selling to the same people as on the GBA and the non-gamers aren't at all being weaned into actual games.

Mrbob

ethelred said:
Bubububu that can't be because we all know the DS is just selling to the same people as on the GBA and the non-gamers aren't at all being weaned into actual games.

Err, I don't think anyone has argued that Pokemon wouldn't be anything but a massive hit for the DS.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
moku said:
Week sales already? It hasnt been 7 days since launch, has it?

Are these first day sales, or 5day sales?

They're thursday (launch date) to sunday, (end of the week).

vasuba

Banned
2006年9月28日にポケモンより発売されたDS『ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド・パール』。その合計販売本数が早くも150万本を超えた(メディアクリエイト調べ)。内訳は、『ダイヤモンド』が813,237本、『パール』が762,029本となっている。

I may be translating it poorly as i havent taken japanese in like 6 years

Link

The Autumn Wind
sp0rsk said:
i cant view the page at work can you drop the text wher eyou think it says that?
Original text:

2006年9月28日にポケモンより発売されたDS『ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド・パール』。その合計販売本数が早くも150万本を超えた(メディアクリエイト調べ)。内訳は、『ダイヤモンド』が813,237本、『パール』が762,029本となっている

Babelfished:

On 2006 September 28th from ポケモン the DS ' pocket monster diamond pearl which is sold '. Number of the total sales exceeded 150 ten thousand already, (media create you inspect). As for breakdown, ' the diamond ' 813,237, ' the pearl ' it has become with 762,029.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
"F*ck Yeah!!! Record breaking DS related sales make my nipples hard!"

Can't wait to see how many Brain Trained pedophiles Nintendo expanded the market with.

Jonnyram

moku said:
That says it sold that many copies on that day, the 28th. If I read the translation correctly.
It says the game was released on 28th and since then it has sold...
Babelfish is bollocks for Japanese.

KINGMOKU

Jonnyram said:
It says the game was released on 28th and since then it has sold...
Babelfish is bollocks for Japanese.
Okay, so in four days, it sold 1.5million copies.

I thought I entered a time warp and its been 7-days since the release. My mind stuttered there for a moment.

ethelred

Ngeist said:
Not bad at all, very good, although I expected a little more.

Can't wait to see the 2nd week numbers

In a series that's been in a steadily and noticably consistent sales decline since its inception, when the latest entry sells a good chunk more in its first week than any of the prior games have sold in their first week, and you expect more... how reasonable were your expectations, one must ask.

Top Bottom