• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKEMON GETTO DAZE! (Japan lines up)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
BrodiemanTTR said:
So what's the general consensus? All other DS games (FF3, NSMB, ACWW, etc.) resurge on Pokemon's coattails? Or the Pokebomb flattens all, and the charts fall off from 1,000,000 down to 20k?
I believe mario and braintraining 2 will be up from last week.

keanerie

threeball said:
ItPrintsMoney.gif

About damn time.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Im not getting this game.

It's popularity has no effect on me, nor should it on anyone else's. Yet for some reson it appears that whats popular in Japan is the main point of interest for most of you on this board.

Thats cool i guess, but i like thinking for myself (sorry if you find this idea of individuality odd)

Neat hats tho.
How's that working out for you? Thinking for yourself? Hmm? Banned, eh? Jolly good, keep it up!

Well, IMO, Pokémon will effect FFIII, BT1/2, BBA and English Training a little bit, but New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing WW, Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS, Tamagotchi, Pokémon Ranger and Mysterious Dungeon will definitely get a boost.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Cosmonaut X said:
:lol Nice touch with 360 guy in the background. Change the tag line to "Watch me prepare it" and it will be perfect.

These photoshop mock ups of "Let me show you them" are KILLING me

:lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol
Who came up with that saying anyways?

And VERY nice touch with the 360 guy in the background. I ROFL

Tsubaki said:
Cute thread title... I'm probably one of three that get it.

It took me a whole day to get it... I was thinking as in "Ghetto Days" but that didn't make sense... Then I stopped reading it as if it were English... I feel stupid now XD

cicero

Golden Darkness said:
Lots of older guys in the line.

Maybe this caught their eye?

20.jpg

I kid I kid.

Is there any way that Sony can top this?
Get another "exclusive" GTA game and have the protagonist out forcing her to work the streets.

01sh2.jpg

Hot Coffee mod?

Calidor

Neko Tsukimi said:
It took me a whole day to get it... I was thinking as in "Ghetto Days" but that didn't make sense... Then I stopped reading it as if it were English... I feel stupid now XD

I got it the second I saw the title

Cos I played the song on my Donkey Konga import, I dont watch pokemon :(

Pokemon D/P are sold-out...

on amazon.jp you can only make preorder, meanwhile the price for 2nd hand copy is around 7.000yen (the regular version price is 4.800yen.......)

UPDATE: there is also the combo pack, and 2nd hand price is 14.000yen...

CorwinB

monkeyrun said:
Damn you non-games ... :lol

Pokemans non-game status confirmed ? Only non-games sell on DS, right ?

Is the official title changed to "Pokemans Showing Training : how showy to them are your Pokemans ?"

Moor-Angol said:
Pokemon D/P are sold-out...

on amazon.jp you can only make preorder, meanwhile the price for 2nd hand copy is around 7.000yen (the regular version price is 4.800yen.......)

UPDATE: there is also the combo pack, and 2nd hand price is 14.000yen...

sold out on Amazon or all of Japan?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Golden Darkness said:

20.jpg

I kid I kid.

wow, the pokemons are trying to peek under her skirt! WTF??

Zeed

Banned
Golden Darkness said:

20.jpg

I kid I kid.

How is a pengun flying? Penguins don't ****ing fly!

Aurora

Calidor said:
I got it the second I saw the title
Heh, likewise.

Man, I hate having to wait. My copy should arrive within the next few days.

Edit: Holy shit at the above. It must be easily at 50k by now.

Smiles and Cries said:
sold out on Amazon or all of Japan?

on Amazon, but seriously i think it's hard to find a copy of D/P in Japan, just take a look at the price for 2nd hand copy... Tengoku for example was sold out for many weeks, and FF3 too, but both games never had 2nd hand price higher than retail price... this means it's sold-out, it reminds me DSL, which was priced over 20.000yen for used copy while retail price is 16.800yen

RumFore

Banned
I think all this is more disturbing than funny. What, they only have a few stores that sell games that there lines going blocks? These people are sick.

AniHawk

sorryaboutdresden said:
That's nuts if it sold 2 million, but the 500k hardware number is even more impressive. We NEED this confirmed

Yeah, 2 million isn't that unbelievable. They sold as many Dragon Quests in that time before. 500k+ hardware in a single day though is pretty nucking futs.

AniHawk said:
Yeah, 2 million isn't that unbelievable. They sold as many Dragon Quests in that time before. 500k+ hardware in a single day though is pretty nucking futs.

Especially when you think about who they're selling to. You'd think most of the Pokemon crowd would've gotten DSes and Lites when Animal Crossing or Mario Kart or New Super Mario or Final Fantasy came out. I was actually thinking the Pokebomb wouldn't affect hardware sales that much.

Cosmozone

I still haven't found out what's so funny about the whole "Pokemans" thing. What's the significance about those cats?? Is "Pokemans" cat speak or what. I want to let someone explain it to me. Please.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cosmozone said:
I still haven't found out what's so funny about the whole "Pokemans" thing. What's the significance about those cats?? Is "Pokemans" cat speak or what. I want to let someone explain it to me. Please.
1157775914442.jpg

motivator6563965.jpg

Cosmozone said:

As with many other bits of humor, the more you try to break the joke down and explain things, the less funny it gets.

Just read the captions as you look at the cats. If you don't crack up, just move along...

vasuba

Banned
polluar said:
there is some statements about pokemon D/P here but I don't manage to translate

maybe one of you can do it : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

very poorly translated but

the number of first shipments with approximately 120 ten thousand, shipped 90 ten thousand at sale 4 day to pass "new スーパーマリオブラザーズ", the highest record in DS software history has been renewed.

it also goes on to say there is another big shipment for the 29th then it will go to normal weekly shipments. Seems it basically says Its on pace to outsell the current DS Sales record of New Super mario Brothers.

seems 1.2 million units were shipped today and 900K tommorrow?

Top Bottom