• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Plus accessory for preorder at Amazon

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You two seem to be having a difficult time coping with other people's purchases based on your feelings, or at least assuming a lot about who you think the target audience is.

It's easy to see how smartwatch owners would appreciate the device being incorporated, rather than watching Nintendo churn out plastic baubles for a steep price.

Nintendos part in this whole part collabo is the production of the GO accessory hardware - this doesnt mean that the Pokemon Company cant release an additional support for Smartwatches down the line.

So no...Nintendo not releasing a Smartwatch App doesnt make them greedy fucks.

Nintendos part in this whole part collabo is the production of the GO accessory hardware - this doesnt mean that the Pokemon Company cant release an additional support for Smartwatches down the line.

So no...Nintendo not releasing a Smartwatch App doesnt make them greedy fucks.

Maybe greedy fucks was a strong choice of verbiage. But still greedy in a sense. I stand behind Nintendo for most of their choices. I support them. Even when they wanted to charge me $125 to fix my wii u gamepad when I could've just bought a refurb for $200. I love these guys. But $35 for a wrist item that blinks green and it's only use is for a mobile app....

Cmon son. You know they aren't developing a smart watch app when this item flew off shelves.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Maybe greedy fucks was a strong choice of verbiage. But still greedy in a sense. I stand behind Nintendo for most of their choices. I support them. Even when they wanted to charge me $125 to fix my wii u gamepad when I could've just bought a refurb for $200. I love these guys. But $35 for a wrist item that blinks green and it's only use is for a mobile app....

Cmon son. You know they aren't developing a smart watch app when this item flew off shelves.

Pokemon GO will likely be around for +10 years and get who knows how many updates over the years. Smartwatches are still relatively new, there is no reason to think that the Pokemon Company wont offer a solution down the line if it makes sense.

Also the price is a place holder - you will likely be able to get the watch for below that. The fact is that you can get/display mobile phone Notification on your synched Smartwatch already. So i dont quite understand the issue with a optional hardware add-on.

VAD

I want one but I already have an Apple Watch... Oh well I will make a decision when the thing will be actually available #firstworldproblem

hayejin

So what is the release date for this?

Only gamestop seems to show July 31st as release date but Amazon just has Jan 1st 2017 placeholder.

Top Bottom