• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold and Silver getting 3DS download codes in a box

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/898488369285607425

On 22/09, shiny packaged versions of #Pokemon Gold and Pokémon Silver containing a download code will be released in shops.

DHgSaAwWAAEpjI3

I forgot these were coming. I've really moved on from the 3DS. It's a shame, this is the first time something like this is happening for me on a Nintendo handheld. I played the crap out of Black 2 on my 3DS as it was backwards compatible. Even became my favourite Pokémon game.

Jofamo

Those are some big cardboard boxes for a download code. It's odd that they're not using typical 3DS game cases? They've done that in the past for things like Nintendo Pocket Football.

I remember this being the first game I ever preordered as my birthday was in March and the game came out in April. Got an "I.O.U." with a picture of the box art.

Heart Gold/Soul Silver are better games, but will most likely download this for nostalgia value.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really cant say no to that...dont even know if ill play them but man. Nintendo always pushing those buttons ffs.

This probably isn't the thread for this but w.e. I only every played Pokémon red. I've toyed around with playing other games in the series, and ppl always suggest Gold/Silver. I've tried looking for the DS remakes but they are expensive. Should I just get the original instead when it's are released, or just bite the bullet and buy a remake copy for $$$?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
This probably isn't the thread for this but w.e. I only every played Pokémon red. I've toyed around with playing other games in the series, and ppl always suggest Gold/Silver. I've tried looking for the DS remakes but they are expensive. Should I just get the original instead when it's are released, or just bite the bullet and buy a remake copy for $$$?

gold/silver are still fantastic games. while i would recommend someone to play HG/SS i'd advise only after having played the originals.

Honestly In my opinion Heartgold and Soulsilver are top tier Pokémon Games.

Every Pokémon game since Heart Gold has been a massive disappointment to me, take that as you will.

ibrahima

Banned
Perhaps this is in response to the possibility of eshop card stands for 3DS being taken down from retail. They did a similar thing with the Zelda season pass for Switch.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Where is the superior Crystal version? smh

Not happening due to the exclusive mobile feature being blocked off, though really this is only a problem for the Japanese version as there is no reason for the Western market to miss out as the mobile feature was removed and reworked into the game.

Daaaaaamn. I can't wait. How were SoulSilver and HeartGold?

Regarded as one of the best Pokémon remake ever.

If you don't want to shell out the money for the remakes then you can't go wrong with buying the original version it's more or less the same game with few changes that didn't exist in gen 2.

Aleh

I'd buy them if I knew they will carry over to Switch for free once VC drops on there... I'll just wait for now.

sirap

G/S/HG/SS are the best Pokemon games to date. I don't think they'll be topped.

My man.

Gold/Silver was bananas. Jumped from Yellow on the OG Gameboy to Gold on the Color and I was like shiiiieeeeet. Blew my mind back then.

luulubuu

He obviously didn't. You can disagree if you like, but by all means elaborate on why.

How is obvious he didn't. That seemed like a nostalgia driven statement. The generations are getting better and better, you can like the content better or not, but saying that the second of now seven seems like a very biased opinion.

Also why asking me for receipts when he didn't gave a more elaborated reply on why.

Unless they release Crystal I am going to stick with the best Pokemon game, HG. Crystal just had so many QOL improvements over G/S I can't go back to them.

luulubuu

Pokemon Platinum has actual good post game content.

A cool story.

Sinnoh is king.

I can go on and on. Lol

Pokemon SuMo has Moon, the actual best player trainer ever. This is a fact.

Jokes aside, I miss 4th a whole lot, time for shiny platinum

Maybe if they'd release Crystal I'd buy it for the nostalgia. But I have HeartGold which is just vastly better game than the originals anyway and scratches that nostalgia itch without having to trick me into playing an old and dated game.

Top Bottom