• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

neo2046

Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver will be released for DS (in Japan) in fall 2009
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090507-00000019-oric-ent

20090507-00000019-oric-ent-view-000.jpg

Hobbun

Can't read Japanese.

I am assuming Fall 2009 is for Japan only? Would be great if they did a simultaneous release.

Davey Cakes

_Alkaline_ said:
:D :D :D

Best Pokemon game has now been remade.
Agreed. Silver was definitely the peak of the Pokemon experience for me. After that, it was still fun, but the magic just seemed to fade exponentially for some reason.

painey

finally confirmed.. so disappointing. What a waste of Game Freaks time. It wouldnt be so bad if they split off and one group worked on remakes while the other worked on new games but playing the same game just with updated graphics is lame and becoming a tradition for games on nintendo consoles.

So another sequel and/or side story with no real change from the same exact game that Nintendo has released a dozen or so times before????

joy.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's not even that! The story of Pokemon is so complex that they are down to just remaking the same damn game that they have been remaking over and over again.

I swear, Nintendo isn't even trying anymore. Any of you who actually this garbage is part of the fucking problem.

AniHawk

outunderthestars said:
The story of Pokemon is so complex that they are down to just remaking the same damn game that they have been remaking over and over again.

It's almost like Bungie's in charge.

outunderthestars said:
So another sequel and/or side story with no real change from the same exact game that Nintendo has released a dozen or so times before????
Actually they've released this game once.

lyre

For the love of Arceus, please let me turn off that STUPID trainer battle cell phone thingie. The last thing I need is another reminder the losers caught another damn Pidgey or lost in a random encounter.

Fortunately, breeding won't be nearly as broken here than it was originally.

Also, here's hoping for a game that's better than Fire Red/Leaf Green; those two games SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Time to put together a grass team!

Yay Jumpluff :3

Defuser

lyre said:
For the love of Arceus, please let me turn off that STUPID trainer battle cell phone thingie. The last thing I need is another reminder the losers caught another damn Pidgey or lost in a random encounter.

Fortunately, breeding won't be nearly as broken here than it was originally.

Also, here's hoping for a game that's better than Fire Red/Leaf Green; those two games SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.
This why you should only keep numbers of trainers who will give you rare items. After you get the item.Ditch them.

AniHawk said:
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Seriously, Nintendo is the Dean Koontz of videogames these days. Soulless, generic, greedy whores. Everything they touch turns to shit. You people are letting blinding nostalgia cloud your judgment.

Jiggy

Will import at least one in Japanese and buy at least one in English.

Please let the Suicune quest from Crystal be in. I also hope for a legitimate way to catch a Celebi who can actually be nicknamed, but let's not get too wild just yet.
Edit: And hopefully faster battle speed than D/P/P, katakana usable in the English games, multiple selectable trainers, and everything else I universally wish for from new Pokemon games--the above two were just G/S-specific wishes.

Shiggie

outunderthestars said:
Seriously, Nintendo is the Dean Koontz of videogames these days. Soulless, generic, greedy whores. Everything they touch turns to shit. You people are letting blinding nostalgia cloud your judgment.
Where did Nintendo touch you son?

Top Bottom